CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I seem to remember reading that Challengers were available at the time of the landings, but something, possibly their length made Fireflies a better bet for AFVs in the initial waves.

PS - Quick check on Wiki reveals the issue:

"No provision was made for deep wading, before the design went into production; as a result, the A30 could not be landed in the initial phase of the Allied invasion of Normandy. Challenger crews had to wait until July 1944, when Mulberry harbours were operational and ports had been captured."

PPS - This:

"The 10 issued to the 11th Armoured Division appear to have finally caught up with the division in late July or early August 1944 and were initially issued to the 2nd Northamptonshire Yeomanry Divisional Armoured Recce Regiment, then to the replacement 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars from August 17th 1944. In service, they proved popular and their crews preferred them to the Firefly for their speed and agility. It is also worth noting that for all the Challenger had a very high turret, overall the Firefly was about the same height."

super , thanks

the french wiki is not as accurate about english units
What are you looking for on the search engine, 11AD, Challenger ...

On 11/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, Falaise said:

yes the 11th received Challengers!
on the other hand I do not know which regiment
2nd Northamptonshire Yeomanry ou15 / 19th The King's Royal Hussars, I find contradictory information on the date of the change of unit
This photo was made in Flers on August 16

6avk.jpg

Having found out that the local pub only stocks Cinzano, the boys go off in search of some Biere de Garde.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to recognize the heroism and valor of Private Urich, who will surely be on the short list for the CMO. This is from mission 3 of Task Force Raff.

Combat-Mission-Battle-For-Normandy-Scree

This Panzer4 on the road was a real menace. He had traded a few shots with an M4 at the flanking location built into the mission. Neither tank had good angles, but the Pz4 managed to make my TC pop smoke and pull back. He also dropped a round into one of the buildings lining the street in town and killed about 5 paras, plus used his MG to lock down anything on the street. In stepped Urich with his trusty bazooka. While the PZ4 was still trading shots with the M4, Urist ran out to within about 50m of the Pz4. I would point out that at this time that building you see on the right in the third picture still had 2 active MG teams, and at the same time (I didn't know this when I asked Urich to step up) a platoon was about to attack across the field to Urich's right. Nevertheless Urich moved up, took aim, and missed with his first shot. Naturally. But ever cool under pressure, he took a deep breath and planted two more into the hull of the Pz4. Good damage, but not even a crew loss! Now the barrel had swung back his way. Urich and the Pz4 gunner fired AND the turn ended all at the same moment, locking the first two screenshots in. You may be thinking that the big golden jet passing through Urich might be the backblast from his bazooka, or even a tracer from the hull MG. It is, in fact, a round from the 75mm gun of the Pz4. It hit him, and then his round hit the Pz4 right by the MG port, causing the (full! No casualties!) crew to bail. With the tank gone I had total control over this road, and used it well. Your sacrifice will not go unremembered, Urich the hero. 

Perhaps one of the cinematic, Hollywood moments in all my time with any CM game. And pushing that next turn button was more intense than almost any other. Shame I had to lose him, but you have to respect the way he went out. A true masterpiece. 

Then assaulting the farmhouse in the last screenshot, I had a squad of guys run in on assault orders in pairs and get gunned down by a single German with an MP40. In 60 sec, the entire squad was wiped. TacAI giveth, TacAI taketh away. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

last thoughts of pixeltruppen 1st squad, 1st platoon, B-company "outlaws", 1btn/506th PIR...

what a nice and above all safe shed. no problem to cross the open field on the side of the shed where the shed has neither doors nor windows...
Screenshot-2022-02-15-100714.jpg

well...

[url=https://ibb.co/rkCCQhT][img]Screenshot-2022-02-15-100942.jpg[/img][/url]

Edited by sPA505
had massive problems with posting images correctly

Nijmegen Road-Bridge. Once you open the scenario you get an immobilized Radio Jeep. It seems you can still use it. This time the MG Platoon HQ by just standing next to it. Doesn't make much difference in the game. You don't get a radio icon just a voice C2 little odd his HQ is standing 6 city blocks away.

Radio.jpg

Edited by chuckdyke

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Codreanu said:

I thought I told them, Private Jenkins' grenades were to be replaced with potatoes after what happened last time...

Also interesting engine quirk that the grenade voice clips still play even when an entire squad is dead. 

A nice little video. But I can't see your username without this popping into my old bonce ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...