CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I posted pictures and officially came to this forum!! even though i watch daily mega thread about ukraine on my digital tablet

Very busy at the moment I prefer to play !!

The English infantry crosses a hedge under the protection of a Churchill

64mi.bmp

In the pouring rain she passes by an abandoned sherman

s3i9.bmp

Further a sherman exceeds his adversaries defeated one by one

o6dv.bmp

ecp0.bmp

1 minute ago, Falaise said:

Very busy at the moment I prefer to play !!

Got I like from me. I just bought BS but it will take some time before I play Russia. I am a seventy-two-year-old retiree and the modern games are a challenge finding out how to use all the fancy stuff. Should have suck with WW2. 

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

modern games are a challenge finding out how to use all the fancy stuff

Am closing in on your age fast... but find that the same overall tactic/strategy works with all games regardless of era. 

1) send out scouts to find enemy assets - in modern that means ATGM's as well as WW2 era hidden ATG's and ideally where the enemy forces are in general. 2) Kill em with arty or your own ATGM's and/or overwhelm small enemy formations with overwhelming attack fire.  3) Repeat as needed.  

95%-99% scenarios can be won using the above.  And that's one of the reasons have gotten a bit bored with the CM2 system.  Fortunately, there are a very few xnt designers who have designed games to thwart the above simple approach so one can still be challenged. 

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

but find that the same overall tactic/strategy works with all games regardless of era. 

You have now a UAV and the operator can use it with a 155mm Paladin at the same time. Tanks have thermals which spot a sniper right away the moment the twit fires. The boots on the ground can be more effective than a German 88 vs a Sherman. I really study the artillery tactics more; light missions are very effective in conjunction with a UAV operated by the observer. Soviet tanks fire Laser Guided munitions from the main gun and US tanks receive an early warning. I buy similar but not the same. 

What I have found is that regardless of the munitions the same tactics/strategies work for all eras.  An asset is still an asset regardless of era.  The era doesn't make much difference to the overall tactic/strategy.  One "simply" has to locate and destroy the enemy's primary assets asap.  UAV's and modern optics etc can make that easier.  Generally have found that tanks are very fragile/vulnerable (in the game at least) and become primarily useful after the enemy's AT and ATGM assets are neutralized.  

• 1 month later...
Just now, RMM said:

Tks. Is it part of a larger MOD package or just something you made?

No mate its in the editor section and its a Flavour Object number 4, 5, and six, gives you variations of brick or bricks and wood etc... I made all the ground textures and buildings...

1 hour ago, NPye said:

No mate its in the editor section and its a Flavour Object number 4, 5, and six, gives you variations of brick or bricks and wood etc... I made all the ground textures and buildings...

Ah. Oh ok. I've never seen the rubble spill over like that so thought it might be a MOD

27 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

And there was I thinking that it was my job to make sneering remarks about Mr. Pye's choice of music.

In truth, I like everything that NPye shows us in his videos, but I find the music a "little too Russian" for the chosen theme, which is Normandy, if I'm not mistaken!

JM

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

In truth, I like everything that NPye shows us in his videos, but I find the music a "little too Russian" for the chosen theme, which is Normandy, if I'm not mistaken!

JM

Very true. Maybe Charlie and his Orchestra doing their verson of "South of the Border" would work. Although most of their stuff was about Churchill, there were a few where Roosevelt got a mention.