A lot of old timers coming back

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of old timers, hello again, all. I'm sure most of you won't remember me but I live in hope that one or two might. It's been over seven years since I last posted, which certainly shocked me.

I can certainly remember the name but I'm not sure we ever did battle via email?

No idea why I suddenly decided to drop by here again - last game I played was CMAK - but Battle For Normandy sounds like a recipe for success and I hope it's a huge hit.

Sadly any gaming I do these days is on consoles, for reasons of cost and time, but this may be what I need to tempt me back from the dark side...

All the best,

Teddy

Sorry to disagree, but I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the internet. The exchanging of information is only incidental to the true purpose of the internet, which is to annoy, argue and complain.

You have hit the proverbial nail on the head, mate!

Yeah....same with me... got CMSF and the Marine mod and enjoyed the game but eventually lost interest in the subject....Now, can't wait for CMBN and am looking forward to many, many hours of war gaming bliss. WW2 just holds more interest for me than modern warfare

Bah, all these young whippersnappers claiming to be charter members.

I was there from the start, the start I say, and have been a continuous presence in the CessPool from day one.

But I would like to know why we can't make fun of Nidan1 here ... that just doesn't seem right.

It won't be the same as the day my daughter called to tell me CMBO had arrived, but it'll be nice all the same.

Joe

Bah, all these young whippersnappers claiming to be charter members.

I was there from the start, the start I say, and have been a continuous presence in the CessPool from day one.

But I would like to know why we can't make fun of Nidan1 here ... that just doesn't seem right.

It won't be the same as the day my daughter called to tell me CMBO had arrived, but it'll be nice all the same.

Joe

Go slink back to the MBT, Joe, this here is a private thread. I dont think these folks will understand you.

For me, it's mostly about the setting. The WWII Western front setting is the base motivator,...... I own CMBB and CMAK, but barely played them.

As to the modern stuff, no thanks. I don't know if it's lack of interest or if it's just too close to home, but there's just no appeal there. I'm glad the modern themed games kept the ball going forward, but that's about where my interest ends.

Same here ... still rolling CMBO when ever I have time ...

Had the new game om pre-order since the first week it was available ....

Looking at some of the joined dates of you old timers, you must be all in nursing homes by now, wearing nappies/diapers and being fed baby food. Even so we young uns are not ageist so welcome back ;)

I was in diapers when I joined and have made it full circle and back into them :)

Greetings all. Same story as many old timers here.

Mac user. Not interested in CMSF at all, but still playing CMAK/CMBB all the time in PBEM against just one opponent, a very old mate of mine. Ever tried thick fog at dawn? It's deadly!

Looking forward to the new game though. WWII is my kind of wargame.