A lot of old timers coming back

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a returning "old timer".

I didn't care for CMSF, but it was more about not liking modern engagements than anything else. The Vietnam conflict is about as modern as I care to focus on, and I would love to see Battlefront do for Vietnam what it's done with WWII.

Anyway, I just thought I'd poke my old nose in here and mention that I'm doubtful that you will hear me griping about learning the mechanics of CMBFN, as that is part of the enjoyment for me as well.

Hopefully, when I get up to speed I'll be looking for some PBEM partners.

It is indeed good to see some of you weirdos here again. :D

I'm already looking forward to making grass mods again...so talk about weird. I'm the old guy with the IPad taking closeups of weed clumps in the park.

Very much excited about CM:N, even if it means having to put up with you guys once more.

The synapses just fired: Kampfpanzer

Ah yes, I believe I remember that one. It was set in France during the 1940 campaign wasn't it? Was an S&T game that came out early in 1974. It was one of those I admired but never played because of the bookkeeping. It was about that time that I began thinking how nice it would be to put all that on a computer.

Michael

I am somewhat amazed and bemused at how many of us are well into our seventh decade of life. Five or six years ago I saw an ad for a powered, tracked wheelchair that could go just about anywhere. What I am wondering is whether you could put some armor and a cannon on it...

:D

Michael

Oh, no, Mr Emrys! Please tell us you haven't started on that project...

Oh, God, the humanity! :eek:

Ah yes, I believe I remember that one. It was set in France during the 1940 campaign wasn't it? Was an S&T game that came out early in 1974. It was one of those I admired but never played because of the bookkeeping. It was about that time that I began thinking how nice it would be to put all that on a computer.

Michael

I believe it was generic WWII because I seem to remember playing a "jungle" scenario where the tanks were confined to a single road, but it was a long time and many games ago.

I'm really looking forward to CM:BN. How well my iMac's 256MB Radeon HD2600 handles the demo will be key. I realize scenario size will likely make a big difference in this regard, but at least I can get going with small stuff. Then, who knows, the iMac may accidently fall on the floor. :P

I got my Pz kpfw at The Scooter Storeâ„¢ !

-

For5 those of us still able to stand upright ....

DSC_0192.JPG

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81098068/

If you can't stand too long , you can take this out to scout terrain ...

REScooter.jpg

Now , if you have the need for speed ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk3jejpWCzAaLDBEw9Bi5w2Jaqzmb6bHFGsGehzD_KSv3ObrJKVA

For handling rude young punks that don't show us old geezers respect !!

I've said , for the LAST time ... "STAY OFF MY LAWN!!! "

maars_killbot.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/09/transformer_robot_can_transform_into_a_robot/

_"It is indeed good to see some of you weirdos here again.

I'm already looking forward to making grass mods again...so talk about weird. I'm the old guy with the IPad taking closeups of weed clumps in the park.

Very much excited about CM:N, even if it means having to put up with you guys once more."

gunnergoz,

Loved your grassmods..used it exclusively.

If you can't stand too long , you can take this out to scout terrain ...

REScooter.jpg

That's the one I was referring to. A few years ago I came across a film of that being demonstrated. It can even climb curbs.

I've said , for the LAST time ... "STAY OFF MY LAWN!!! "

maars_killbot.jpg

Now that's just cool!

:cool:

Michael

So, the average age is somewhere in the early 40s. That's about 10 years older than I had guessed but probably helps to explain the tone of this forum. I belong to another (un-named) game forum where the average age is barely 20 and the quality of the posts is significantly less mature. :eek:

Having just read the Peng thread I wish to withdraw my assessment of the relative maturity in the this forum:D

Having just read the Peng thread I wish to withdraw my assessment of the relative maturity in the this forum:D

It's best to think of the Peng thread as an infestion rather than a part of this forum.

Sort of like that infection you pick up in Thailand and just won't go away no matter how much antibiotics you throw at it.

=Sort of like that infection you pick up in Thailand and just won't go away no matter how much antibiotics you throw at it.

My wife for the past 40 years is from Thailand and is kinda like an infection, but the only thing that makes her go away so I can play without interuption is money.:)

Got into Cmbo kinda late,2004 but will be right in it come May,June, July????????

Well, I'm back.

Thank you for revisiting the Mac.

+1

But my old account didn't work, and whatever mail I used for registering 10 years back is long forgotten.

Been using Mac (and being without CM) since 2006. And now it looks like a have to buy a new one, my iMac from 2006 only meets the minimum system requirements.