A lot of old timers coming back

[...]

Now, let all those who PRE-ordered CM:BO raise their hands...

*big hand up*

...The shock when you had ordered the gold version and found only the manual in the arrived package.

Achtung Spoiler!

... Then the satisfaction at time of discovery that the CD was inside the manual ... in a paper case...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lucked into this.

Left after CMAK figuring they would go down the timeline(they did).

Last week I thought to check up and see how the folks at Battlefront are doing.. and if they were ever planning to go back to WWII with maybe a new engine.

I don't think I could have timed this better if I had tried. :)

Pre-order in.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the map editor.

Where is Fionn?

---

Raises hand for CMBB pre-order club.

Now, let all those who PRE-ordered CM:BO raise their hands.

I'm pretty sure I did. I got the lithograph of the Panther and that went out only to the pre-orderers, right? I've still got that around here somewhere. I came across it a couple of years ago. I think it might still be rolled up in its mailing tube.

Michael

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It seems like I may have known at one point, but now I've forgotten.

I raised that question a few months back and somebody came up with a link to the company he now works for. Try searching the GF under his name and mine and the thread might come up.

Michael

I'm pretty sure I did. I got the lithograph of the Panther and that went out only to the pre-orderers, right? I've still got that around here somewhere. I came across it a couple of years ago. I think it might still be rolled up in its mailing tube.

Michael

LOL! Mine is still rolled up in the tube too!

:D

Who ya callin old sonnie?

In my day we'd gather our wooden nickles for a Combat Mission:Beyond Overlord winner take all. Heck we'd even play while listening to the phonograph sippin our sassafras cola. We'd send our troops to the VP's and back, uphill both ways. Those were the days.

I want to watch Matlock

post-832-141867622515_thumb.jpg

Who ya callin old sonnie?

In my day we'd gather our wooden nickles for a Combat Mission:Beyond Overlord winner take all. Heck we'd even play while listening to the phonograph sippin our sassafras cola. We'd send our troops to the VP's and back, uphill both ways. Those were the days.

I want to watch Matlock

Just think... if your great grandkids pitched in they could probably get you a fancy new van with a built in video player in the back seat to watch Matlock on. I wonder if they make a model with a drool cup? Failing that, I'm sure one of the dozen cup holders could be modified.

Welcome back.

Steve

Cool. First time someone remembers my old nickname. Was here all the time. Posting or lurking, playing pbem all the time.

Still open for more pbem. Send mail to adress posted above if you like. (I always try to get at least one turn out for all my opponents daily]

It scares me how many nicknames I remember. Yours is one of them.

When my wife asks me why I can't remember to get milk on the way home, or somefink, I guess I can blame the gobs of gray goo that are tied up remembering Forum names!

Steve

Michael

Heresy! My Panther print is up on the wall, right next to the laminated Truppenausgabe... Rußland 1: 50 000 L-37-6-B Dmitrijewka.

Can't wait for the new map editor.

Amazed that so many are still playing CM1. I loved that series, but I hit the wall in 2004. CMSF was very good, but just didn't hit the same gut resonance somehow.

I know what you mean. I started fooling around with CMBO for the first time in quite awhile when I heard CMBN was in the offing.

As dated as it obviously is at this point, I'm reminded of just how stunning it was to see a game that took the best elements of tactical board war games, threw in a dash of plastic army guys, and mixed it with a healthy dose gear-head geeky goodness.

It was like some guy reached in my brain and pulled out the computer game that I'd always wished for. It's always going to be hard to top that initial wow factor.

The modern themed stuff just doesn't float my boat the same way.