Once CMBN is installed...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be your first action. For myself there is much to consider but QB along with the use of map previews and the 'cherry picking' feature should be a blast!

push the cats out of the room, tell the wife I won't be home for dinner (even though I am in the next room) close the door and start a campaign. (and oh yeah send a thank you note to BFC with a dozen roses and maybe a keg of beer).

dang this is gonna be a long month.

Ah, word to the wise. You might want to settle into a comfy chair and READ THE MANUAL! (I almost said 'RTFM' but that would've been impolite. ;) ) I imagine a lot of newbie cussing-and-swearing as people try to get an individual vehicle to appear for purchase in the editor. This title is not going to look like CMx1 and its not going to resemble CMSF either. There are going to be some things you're just going to have to learn.

While I enjoy the campaigns of CMSF, my heart yearns from some QB goodness every time I fire it up. However, I know when I click the button that there's a 50/50 chance the forces will be unbalanced and not even close to what I wanted (last attempt resulted in one side having three tank platoons and the other not having any at all, despite mirrored settings)

So basically yes I will go straight into QB and set up a nice little company sized combined arms battle with mirrored-ish forces. The real question is which side to play as first...

Ah, word to the wise. You might want to settle into a comfy chair and READ THE MANUAL! (I almost said 'RTFM' but that would've been impolite. ;) ) I imagine a lot of newbie cussing-and-swearing as people try to get an individual vehicle to appear for purchase in the editor. This title is not going to look like CMx1 and its not going to resemble CMSF either. There are going to be some things you're just going to have to learn.

Don't be silly. Reading the instructions is for when all other options have failed. :)

Pvt.Ryan

I definitely wouldn't recommend doing that from up close with the volume turned up. :D

I can't wait for this game to be released because I think it is going to blow folks away and I'm looking forward to reading their reactions. You can post screenshot after screenshot of the game but they just can't convey to the viewer how superb it looks when it's moving. The smoke/dust blowing across the landscape, the trees moving in the breeze, your troops dashing from cover to cover. It's like being in your own movie. And the action....

However, after this is over I plan to play QBs like crazy for a few weeks.

QBs are sweet, but don't forget there's also going to be proper scenarios with real historical backstories, often at historical map location, with logical victory objectives and properly customized AI order sets. Nothing beats a well-crafted scenario. A 'great' QB = a 'good' scenario in my opinion, even a fancy-schmancy cherry picking QB. ;)

You can post screenshot after screenshot of the game but they just can't convey to the viewer how superb it looks when it's moving. The smoke/dust blowing across the landscape, the trees moving in the breeze, your troops dashing from cover to cover. It's like being in your own movie. And the action....

Sooo...I hear they have this thing called youtube on the internets now *wink wink nudge nudge* :D

I'll sit down and press F5 on this forum to see who is complaining about it and why. Then I'll probably fire up a small single battle and find out for myself what all the fuss is about. I would like to play all the single missions before I contemplate the campaign, as that to me is 'value for money'. Then I will consider which of the three campaigns to play. Once I've finished a campaign and we're on patch 1.5B I will then open up the QB generator and editor and consider purchasing the Commonwealth module.