CM:BN Pre-odered

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catacol Highlander, $80 is about EUR 55, that includes download, the collector box, shipping&handling. It doesn't strike me as steep. I remember collector packs selling in stores in Europe for around that when I was still in Germany.

As for your question: this gets asked surprisingly often. Pre-ordering a download doesn't make much sense (btw, the download will be $55), since you won't be able to download until it's released anyway. In this specific case, however, the pre-order is deliberately targeted at people who want the "full enchilada", i.e. the collector box with all bells and whistles and the 200 page printed manual. Since we only have a limited amount of these printed, pre-ordering is a way for us to allow those fans who want the package to get it.

Pre-ordered and now very excited!

Maybe more than I would normally pay for a game but this isn't just a game to me and I reckon I owe BFC as my closest friend and I have been playing CMx1 several times a month via LAN for ten years now after picking up CMBO in a bargain bin for £4. Not to mention CMBB and CMAK which came as prt of the anthology in 2005 for a whopping £6.50.

A good summer ahead, I feel :-)

Catacol Highlander, $80 is about EUR 55, that includes download, the collector box, shipping&handling. It doesn't strike me as steep. I remember collector packs selling in stores in Europe for around that when I was still in Germany.

As for your question: this gets asked surprisingly often. Pre-ordering a download doesn't make much sense (btw, the download will be $55), since you won't be able to download until it's released anyway. In this specific case, however, the pre-order is deliberately targeted at people who want the "full enchilada", i.e. the collector box with all bells and whistles and the 200 page printed manual. Since we only have a limited amount of these printed, pre-ordering is a way for us to allow those fans who want the package to get it.

Right on! That sounds like a fantastic deal to me, I definitely want the whole enchilada. :D

Since we only have a limited amount of these printed, pre-ordering is a way for us to allow those fans who want the package to get it.

Am i right in assuming that this will mean the manual (whether in steel box or just the standard dvd case) will only be available for pre-orders?

I'm leaving the country at the start of May and, living all the way in Australia at the moment, i wouldn't trust postal services to deliver this before i leave - However i was hoping to be able to get a manual when i do eventually get around to buying this.

They mention it will be a separate pre-order page Michael, down in the fine print area. Coming soon.

Oh, and did everyone catch this one?

"Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release around the end of April, 2011."

Had to rub my eyes a bit on that particular piece of news! I sure didn't expect an announcement quite this stupendous.

My understanding is that the pre-order is for the metal collectors case that can hold extra modules, the printed manual, and also the download as soon as that is available.

There is only one preorder option. That is US$60 for US residents plus $10 s&h.

(If I have misunderstood something and ordered the wrong package, please tell me BFC.)

Yes, after we run out of the boxes the manual will remain in print.

Thank you, kind sir. :)

Will be waiting for May and get my order in as soon as i can - Do you think there's any chance that all 4 games (well, game + 3 modules) will be offered in another form of packaging once all are released? I guess there wouldn't be much point considering most people would buy them all at the time of release but just thought i'd ask.

One thing, though: The wallpapers in the media section doesn´t seem to be working.

I noticed that too, also the steelbook's interactive online viewer doesn't seem to show anything - Though that might be my browser not behaving...?