CM:BN Pre-odered

I couldn't resist that steel box. Man that looks good! That $20 strikes me as a tad excessive considering it's shipped from Germany to the UK for a few Euros, (I remember seeing the packaging from CMSF) - someone somewhere is making a nice little profit from the shipping! Still, I'm not overly complaining - can't wait to get it even though my little baby boy is eating up all my spare time Maybe I can teach him Combat Mission:D

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That $20 strikes me as a tad excessive considering it's shipped from Germany to the UK for a few Euros,

Actually, all pre-orders are fulfilled from our central US location as of the beginning of this year. Either way, the costs are about the same. The German location operates in Euros, which means that while the postage is a little less than from the US, the handling costs are higher.

For me it seems that the performance on the Mac side of my MacBook Pro is about the same as it is on the PC side. Exactly the same? I don't know because the code is constantly changing and I've not been using a Windows build for several months now.

What Glukx Ouglouk said about the Mac video hardware being middle of the road is pretty accurate. So a similar speed PC can be much better if the user has one of the higher end cards plugged in. But that's a similar issue to two PC users having identical PCs but one guy only had the money for a medium quality card and the other bought the highest end card out there.

BTW, we did not use Cider. The port is very stable and plays very well most of the time. However, there definitely are Mac specific memory, input, OpenGL, etc. issues that need to be optimized. Most of that work has been done already, but it's not complete yet. Should be wrapped up very soon though.

Steve

Close enough is good enough for me. I'm on a high-end 27" iMac with the 512 video card so while not state of the art, it'll run fine. Heck, I run X-Plane 9 nearly cranked and the frame rates and rendering is great. I'll buy two copies of the OSX version as soon as I can (one to hand out on insidemacgames forums).

When the Mac version gets released, will there be the same discounts as available for the Windows version? In fact, will it be priced at the same level as for Windows?

I'm not too optimistic about this.

Dan

I am. Moon already said that there will be SteelBook editions of the game set aside for OSX pre-orders; that just because we can't pre-order right now that we (Mac users since 1978) won't be able to get in on the nice stuff. I'd imagine that we will also get a crack at the same pricing. The OSX pre-orders (a couple of weeks) are gonna hit before the game is released I think (late April) and I'd doubt that BF will raise the price for us.

I'm in for the steel box, I hope she doesn't divorce me over it.

Just ordered mines!!! I feel sorry for you guys that have wives that nag you over playing video games all day long on the computer!!! My wife actually told me to hurry up and order. We get hotseat games going all the time in my household!!

Hey! I can dream can't I?!!!:D

1.If I pre-order does the physical disks ship before release date?

Usually we open downloads first and then start sending out physical goods. That's because after we have a final master v1.00 release version of the game itself, it's usually quicker to prep the downloads than to do the physical production of the CDs. The delay used to be a couple of weeks, but in the past couple of years we have gotten much quicker. For example, for the just released Strategic Command World War I The Great War game, the physical goods shipped on the same day as that we opened downloads!

2.If you have run out of the metal boxes is the manual still sent in the physical copy.

Currently, we have as many manuals as SteelBooks planned. However, we'll see how things pan out.

3. I live in U.K. Does it all still apply to me?

Yes, all pre-orders (and the initial batch of orders) is all sent out from our central location in the US.

Martin

Just for curiosity sake, can you tell us how many steelbooks you had available when you went live with the announcement? I have already pre-ordered but I only saw this 15 hours after you put it up and I thought I may have already missed the window.

And boy, I read these boards fairly regularly but there are names (with 100s of posts) that I have never seen before.

Mac user here: theres a question which has been posed somewhere down this thread but I haven't read an answer: do I have to buy a seperate license for the mac and pc version?

This would somehow disappoint me especially if its a download only version. There are two reasons for me to use the pc version: when travelling with the company laptop and because the pc version comes earlier :)

Preordered. 60 Euro for everything. My first physical BF purchase. :)

The "Follow this link to view the Order Details and/or DOWNLOAD your game immediately." Link doesn't work though. I cannot download it immediately. ;)

That's where the "or" part comes in :)

Just for curiosity sake, can you tell us how many steelbooks you had available when you went live with the announcement? I have already pre-ordered but I only saw this 15 hours after you put it up and I thought I may have already missed the window.

And boy, I read these boards fairly regularly but there are names (with 100s of posts) that I have never seen before.

Let's just say that the quantity is well in the 4 digits. We tried to target a number that matches our expectations for pre-orders. However, at the current rate of pre-orders we'll sell out in about 10 days... :eek:... but then things usually slow down after the first days and the first weekend.

Mac user here: theres a question which has been posed somewhere down this thread but I haven't read an answer: do I have to buy a seperate license for the mac and pc version?

This would somehow disappoint me especially if its a download only version. There are two reasons for me to use the pc version: when travelling with the company laptop and because the pc version comes earlier :)

The Mac and PC versions are separate, yes. But I'm sure that if you ask for a discount after buying the PC version when ordering the Mac version, we'll probably give you a few bucks off. sales@battlefront.com. But don't ask NOW... rather when the Mac version is on sale/pre-orders.

Just pre-ordered mine too and it looks great.

I just hope that future modules will have British and Canadian units too. It seems strange that a game purporting to represent the battles and breakout from Normandy solely focuses on American efforts.

If you spend a few minutes browsing this forum, you´ll soon discover the answer: Brits and canadians are scheduled for the later modules of the game.