CM:BN Pre-odered

Just pre-ordered mine too and it looks great.

I just hope that future modules will have British and Canadian units too. It seems strange that a game purporting to represent the battles and breakout from Normandy solely focuses on American efforts.

eh next module is commonwealth forces, to much work to fit all in game for release IIRC , otherwise we would get it at Christmas ...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IFB: That amount actually sounds about right. I ordered an item from Canada a few weeks ago and the shipping was about $13- the item measured 6"x6"x2".

I stinks, but everything is more expensive to ship lately. Seems like all the low cost options said, "oh, the hell with it" and raised their rates to equal the other guys.

:(

IFB: That amount actually sounds about right. I ordered an item from Canada a few weeks ago and the shipping was about $13- the item measured 6"x6"x2".

I stinks, but everything is more expensive to ship lately. Seems like all the low cost options said, "oh, the hell with it" and raised their rates to equal the other guys.

:(

I business mail and ship to Canada. It is a Canadian Import tax of some kind. I don't know if it cost Canadian companies the same to ship into the USA but it sure cost me an arm and leg to ship to my customers in Canada...

I business mail and ship to Canada. It is a Canadian Import tax of some kind. I don't know if it cost Canadian companies the same to ship into the USA but it sure cost me an arm and leg to ship to my customers in Canada...

i wouldn't doubt it, we had liberal clowns running this country for a while now and they were rotten to the core.

I put a US address and shipping charges were $10.00. I don't know if i should be spending that much money on a game that i don't even know how the gameplay would be! i will probably just wait.

S&H is where a lot of companies improve their profit margins. Years ago I belonged to a book club that offered merchandise at a discount of about 20% IIRC. But their S&H was so high that I was ending up only paying a little less than I would in the local bookstore run by my neighbors.

Not accusing BFC of the same practice, but it's something to watch out for. Amazon has a nice deal where if you order $25 or more, S&H is free, and it's not hard to order that much, so nearly everything I get from them is shipped free.

Michael

Then again, we haven't made any press announcements or sent around a newsletter yet :D

Steve

It is a insignificant thing but I rather approve of that.

Far too many companies have a loyal following that, when there is any news, have to hear about it from other sources then the company forum they hang out at.

In this case the scoop goes to those that care enough to show up here.

Preorderers should get access to the beta download with a small patch that updates it to the full version later. I am assuming that this would:

1. make people squeal with joy as they can play now.

2. distribute the load on the download server on more days rather than on the release day, as people flock in to preorder and download over a longer time frame. :D

Not? No? Aw was worth a try. :(

This has been said before I know but...

I wish there was a discount for pre-orders on d/l only. Or maybe a discount voucher code to redeem against an upcoming module.

That would make early BF support worth-while for us 3rd world types in Europe :P

Reason being not that I don't want the great steel-box package & manual, believe me I want that chimichanga... just that s&h & import duties will effectively double+ it's price & that just plain smarts! :rolleyes::mad:

Preorderers should get access to the beta download with a small patch that updates it to the full version later. I am assuming that this would:

1. make people squeal with joy as they can play now.

2. distribute the load on the download server on more days rather than on the release day, as people flock in to preorder and download over a longer time frame. :D

Not? No? Aw was worth a try. :(

There may not be enough scenarios to make it worth while.

This has been said before I know but...

I wish there was a discount for pre-orders on d/l only. Or maybe a discount voucher code to redeem against an upcoming module.

That would make early BF support worth-while for us 3rd world types in Europe :P

Reason being not that I don't want the great steel-box package & manual, believe me I want that chimichanga... just that s&h & import duties will effectively double+ it's price & that just plain smarts! :rolleyes::mad:

The whole point of pre-orders is for the publishers to get a gauge of the demand for the physical product.

A DL only pre-order makes no sense from a business POV.

S&H is where a lot of companies improve their profit margins.

Rest assured, we aren't. What people always seem to forget is the &H part of S&H. It's not just shipping, it's also Handling. So you can't just look at the postage and say "I only have to pay $4.95 for a flat rate USPS box in the US, why are they charging $10".

The handling part is a significant cost which includes packaging, picking, printing, assembling, verifying, QC'ing and actually handing off your order to the USPS. If we were as large as Amazon, we could offer free shipping, but unfortunately we aren't, so we have to spread the overhead and the running cost over a much smaller customer base.

BTW, and this gets lost in these discussions as well (which we're having every time we release a new game ;): we do have a built-in shipping discount. The $10 shipping&handling fee is only FOR THE FIRST PRODUCT. Each subsequent product you buy in the same order only adds $1 to the total. So if you buy two games, you don't pay $20, but $11. This isn't the same as "free shipping when you order $XYZ", but it does mean that as your order total increases, your S&H fee gets proportionally smaller.

The whole point of pre-orders is for the publishers to get a gauge of the demand for the physical product.

A DL only pre-order makes no sense from a business POV.

Not so. It might give some gauge of the physical product through-put but that isn't the only reason discounts/pre-orders exist. Companies & their bankers appreciate cash-flow, that $ in the bank equates to a benefit vs things like running costs inc bank charges.

Companies can utilise the principle of pre-order as an interest free loan. Big companies generate significant revenue from this kind of virtual investment.

cedric, the game is in fact multi-language capable (just like CMSF). In the Options menu, you can set the language to be English, German, French, Spanish or Italian (I may have missed one language). However, the game itself is not fully translated. But it is possible to do so by the community, as the texts are all available to modify.

The manual is in English only, however.

The handling part is a significant cost which includes packaging, picking, printing, assembling, verifying, QC'ing and actually handing off your order to the USPS. If we were as large as Amazon, we could offer free shipping, but unfortunately we aren't, so we have to spread the overhead and the running cost over a much smaller customer base.

Understood, which is why I was careful to note in my post that I wasn't accusing BFC of padding their costs. The fact remains though that there are other businesses who are not so scrupulous in their practices.

Michael