Is it just me, or is it too quiet...

Haven't heard much from steve for a while , even though we have been touching on issues he usually butts in, I mean makes a meaningful contribution too.

Come to think of it haven't seen much admin at all, so I have two theories.

One, everything is coming along great and they are just overworked putting together the game of the decade, or

Two, The damned thing is a turkey they can't get to work and they've all done a runner for Mexico and left the server running to cover their escape.

Hope it's One......

Peter.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

You are right. Apart from me and you and a handful of other die-hards, this forum at the moment seems as dead as a dodo. Everyone remotely interested in the game has long since given up hope of any news.

The difference between this forum and the "Histwar: Les Grognards" forum is stark. Over there, the developers are constantly posting new screenshots and describing fully fleshed-out game mechanics. Any questions from fans are answered within hours. There is a real feeling of expectation and excitement.

Then there's this place. No sign of admin or of developers. Not a crumb of news about how the game is progressing. Total silence.

It is hard to believe that CM:SF is on schedule for this year. I hope I'm wrong.

I stop by every couple days and move my mouse pointer over the logo hoping it'll turn from an arrow into a little hand....one day soon, I can feel it. It's as inevitable as the glare on Madmatt's head.

Mord.

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

Haven't heard much from steve for a while...

You just now noticing that? I noted over a month ago that Steve had gone back behind the curtain. I assumed that he had gone back to work after taking off for a few weeks to hang out with fun guys like us. Or at least like me, that is.

Or...

Two, The damned thing is a turkey they can't get to work and they've all done a runner for Mexico and left the server running to cover their escape.
Yep. That's a definite possibility. Well, as long as the Peng thread keeps running, I can always kick back, open another beer and light up another cigar.

Michael

I haven't been on the Drop Team site for a bit but I'm assuming that the balloon's about to go up on that game. I imagine a lot of i's have to be dotted and t's crossed to get a game out these days, especially a over-net play heavy game. Hopefully, while everyone else is scampering around getting that game to market they've left Charles in a corner calculating TOW missile flight dynamics for this game.

That's the problem with working on the game engine first and the graphics second. No pretty pictures to keep us interested! On the other hand, think of all the pretty pictures we've seen in recent years of games that were never quite able to work properly. ;)

Oh, and about changing Syria to Iran. I stumbled on a cheezy network crime show last night that had the good guys hunting down the evil secret again from... wait for it... Venezuela! Oooh, yeh, there's a mortal enemy for you. Its times like this that a guy gets nostalgic for the cold war.

the Silence is indeed "Deafening"

the forum list gets shorter

as there are fewer posts to fill the threads

and there is a scary sense

that something may NOT be happening

but...

Just like I have grown to trust my surgeons

(I don't like all they do, but it always seems to work out)

I trust BFC because of their track record

I dont like ths silence and apparent lack of activity

but BFC has come through in the pat

and I am (hopefully) confident they shall do so again [soon?]

Hoolaman,

THIS IS THE WEB SITE....

They changed the mast head to the picture of the guy in uniform standing beside the riddled billboard saying "SHOCKFORCE".

Now that might be a bit minimalist, but technically it's true.

Given Steve's persistant absence I tend to think with all the other projects like SC2 on the go they've diverted him to something where his talents are better suited, like loading boxes in the back of a delivery van.

Peter.

[ April 20, 2006, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Peter Cairns ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

(snip) ... I stumbled on a cheezy network crime show last night that had the good guys hunting down the evil secret again from... wait for it... Venezuela! Oooh, yeh, there's a mortal enemy for you. Its times like this that a guy gets nostalgic for the cold war.

That reminds me of one of "The Mighty Ducks" movies when the big bad opponents were from (shudder) ICELAND!!! The horror. :eek: :eek:

Hi,

Things clearly have gone quiet…. but we unhinged fans of CM must not get paranoid about this meaning that CMX2 has hit major trouble.

I think CM turning real-time for its underlying engine is a good thing; it will be fun to play real-time for the some very small scenarios in human v human and maybe against AI now and then. If we still have WEGO as an option who could complain.

My only concern is that “all” the real-time wargames I have seen are of a scale and level of detail far below CMX1. Thus it is only natural that I am a little apprehensive that CMX2 may not be able to cope with battles of a size which will interest many CMX1 fans. But Battlefront will have been only too aware of this and are likely to have the problem covered. So I too must not be paranoid about the “battle-size” implications of real-time ;) .

No doubt all is well….

Hugely looking forward to a new version of CM to play,

All the best,

Kip.