Is it just me, or is it too quiet...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Why don't we kill a chicken and examine its guts for signs and omens. Then we can fry it and eat it. The chicken that is, not the signs and omens.

Michael

Yes, it's best to carry out your ritual on a remote Chinese poultry farm. Make sure no hospital is in sight though. And while examining the slain bird, create profuse facial, yet nasal contact with its feathers and vital organs. Otherwise, omens may prove illusive and rather anemic. :eek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

When I was young, we used all of the chicken...

Somehow this does not surprise me. I bet you were really big on cloaca stew, right?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Stuka:

When you were young, chickens were still called Pterodactyls....

Don't knock it. Pterodactyls were good eating with a lot of meat on them. Which was a good thing because you had to catch them on the ground and bop on the head with a rock or a club. Often the only way we could get them to light was to stake out one of the young 'uns while the rest of us hid. Then we'd rush out and grab 'em and whap 'em upside the head before they could take off again.

You never hunted pterodactyl, eh? Probably explains why you're such a wimp.

Michael

Originally posted by rleete:

That's just wasteful. When I was young, we used all of the chicken, omens and all.

So all you great grand veterans, tell the good BF folk about Sherman’s breach of the Confederacy. While his adjuncts, and from first hand experience, was he really Savannah’s Stalin :confused:

Wego is promised to be operable as well.

Michael

So that means its an RTS game with a pause feature.

Surely true WEGO game emchanics are different to RTS game mechanics. As I love CM for its WEGO aspect and I just dont get on with RTS games on the whole. Except Highway to the Reich.

I just dont see how it will work and Ive a feeling that those who prefer WEGO and turn based games wont be happy.

Well, the reason that this forum is getting cold may have something to do with the fact that the majority of the intended audience for CMX2 thought that the idea of bashing Syria with the worlds most powerful army was kind of boring? We had waited so long for some news so we stayed and whined for a month or two. Now we just pop by once or twice a month to see if anything interesting is happening apart from the Peng threads and discussions about Stryker versions (damn what a boring military vehicle!).

I guess we all think that the engine sounds promising and will join the ranks when the second installment in the series gets back where it belongs ;)

That said I will naturally buy the game, but if it has to be US vs some poor middle east land with crappy equipment it would actually be a lot more interesting if it would be US vs Iran which is obviously the new enemy to the "free" world?

You are all old friends here, forums need someone to be pissed at. Did I light the fire? ;)

/Mazex