hartmn

herrbixx

stevebalance

Enqvist

sandy

AC

marc420

BigMik1

regarding the Replacements process. If any of you do not receive it, please email me. In the next couple of days I'll be setting the list.

The intention is to use the running ROW threads to keep track of the need for replacements, and who is on-deck from the list. If anybody ever has any questions, please email me. The goal is for replacements to step in as quickly as possbile to kick-start stalled games.

I am also aware that there is a small number of vets who, through varying degrees of Real Life and knuckleheadedness missed the signup period. I will email them offline in the near future regarding where they would stand on the list, although those that signed up but missed the cut will be first.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic News!!!

The AAR prize has been increased to a years subscription to After the Battle.

I have been in touch with the editor of the magazine and he has agreed to sponsor the prize.

So if you needed an incentive to get typing you now have the chance of winning a full year subscription to this fantastic magazine.

See my previous post as to what this prize involves.

H

Originally posted by Bertram:

What happened?

I went away for a week from feb the first, last thing I was told was there would be a chance to write up for some time (see my post and the reply a few pages back), and now everything is booked full?

Drat, the first RoW I am going to miss.

Bertram

Don't know for what it's worth Bertram, but I hereby petition the RoW organizers that you ARE in good standing with this sponsor and as such a vet in good standing for RoW IV.

Do my voice carry any weight sans alcohol? Time will tell. I wish you luck getting into RoW IV's playing section.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

[ February 09, 2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by AC:

What chances do us newbies have in entering the ROW tournees in the future?

Out of the 72 players who made the cut, I count 30 who are newbies. Oh, and thats not counting the ones who will make it in as replacements, which BTW one already has.

Seems to me the chances are pretty good.

Originally posted by Holien:

Fantastic News!!!

The AAR prize has been increased to a years subscription to After the Battle.

I have been in touch with the editor of the magazine and he has agreed to sponsor the prize.

So if you needed an incentive to get typing you now have the chance of winning a full year subscription to this fantastic magazine.

See my previous post as to what this prize involves.

H

Great work, I know the magazine and it is really a very detailed and accurate magazine. But quit expensive in the Netherlands. So as a real Dutch I will try to get it for free ;)

Warning on File Sizes

I think people should be aware that if you have a Hotmail account you (or other free accounts) you might have a limit on file size that you can deal with.

In my testing of a "Ground Breaking" scenario, I had a file size of 3Megs last night.

Please ensure that your mail provider can deal with the size of the PBEM turns. This scenario is a not alone in having file sizes above 1Meg and that I know would blow my Hotmail account.

I suggest you check your e-mail accounts and ensure that they work with these file sizes.

H

And remember, zipping these files does NOT make them smaller. I can't find the thread that discussed this right now, but I can say from experience that zipping does not make the attachment smaller, in fact it makes it slightly larger! You can break the file up into pieces if you are having problems, but that can get old in a hurry.

Originally posted by wadepm:

And remember, zipping these files does NOT make them smaller. I can't find the thread that discussed this right now, but I can say from experience that zipping does not make the attachment smaller, in fact it makes it slightly larger! You can break the file up into pieces if you are having problems, but that can get old in a hurry.

Are you sure about this? I looked at the file sizes on my computer and zipped files were about 75% the size of unzipped files. When you attach a zipped file to an email, does this increase the size of the file versus a regular text file?

Makes the file larger to transport. On the ends it can be made smaller, especially by the mail services. I know yahoo charged me by actual size of attachment, not by the base-64 encoded size (which is why they are larger).

In any event, for those of you in need, I can offer folks email addresses @3dwargamer.net. Email me at wwb@3dwargamer.net with desired login name and password.

WWB

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Group 2, Section 1,

Have had confirmatory E-mail from all but troppo,

but I owe you a commo check from my end. This will be sent in due course. Please advise me how you wish to be addressed.

Regards,

John Kettler

G'day John. I have sent you a confirmatory email.

BTW, please call me Jim. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Enoch:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wadepm:

Are you sure about this? I looked at the file sizes on my computer and zipped files were about 75% the size of unzipped files. When you attach a zipped file to an email, does this increase the size of the file versus a regular text file? </font>

Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Enoch:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wadepm:

Are you sure about this? I looked at the file sizes on my computer and zipped files were about 75% the size of unzipped files. When you attach a zipped file to an email, does this increase the size of the file versus a regular text file? </font>

I have never had a problem with corrupted unzipped files. Which mail systems are you talking about?

He means mail servers along the way, between you and your destination.

Plain text attachments almost always work for me, but I have one opponent who cannot get txt files from me for some reason. The message shows up on his end with no attachment. So I zip files for that game.

It depends on your ISP and, apparently, the "path" the message takes to get to your opponent. It's completely out of the user's hands.

Replacement List Update:

On Deck: Platonov

In the hole: Slawreg

I have yet to hear from hartmn, stevebalance and marc420 regarding their willingness or desire to be on the list. If they are still interested, then they need to contact me in the next day, or else I'll assume they are out.

Full list to come later this week. jbertles already got his marching orders, so the list has shrunk even before the tourney starts.