**** ROW IV *****

Originally posted by Tychus:

There seem to be some errors in the Axis briefing for Squeezing the Melon. References to east and west don't match what's on the map. I'm going to assume that in all cases east and west were accidentally transposed.

I was told, to watch out in this one, no error was confirmed..keep on your toes.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Andrew Kulin:

I presume that that the tournament will be played using version 1.01 since the patch was released prior to any files being sent out. I recall that there was some discussion early on about what to do if patches were released during the tourney but have not seen anything since.

In any case I am running 1.01 and I expect everyone else is by now as well.

If 1.02 comes out during the next 120 days what is the "rule" for that? (upgrade or stay at 1.01?)

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

In the past we have stuck with what was started with.

This is always up for discussion and if every player agreed things could be updated.

I don't think it will be an issue and I would assume that it will be played through on 1.01.

H

Maybe they're like me and thought at first that they should save it to the PBEM folder. Then, when you go looking for it using the JOIN MULTIPLAYER button, it doesn't show up in the list of files. After trying that a couple times, I twigged to the fact that I was supposed to plonk it into the Scenarios folder and open it using the START GAME and EMAIL buttons - worked like a charm. All this is likely in the ROW instructions, which guys like me don't pay enough heed to.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Guys,

Several of you have reported difficulties in opening up the axis setup file. If this is the case then e-mail me, making sure to mention the scenario in question. I will send you a zipped copy which seems to work.

Found it. Here's the relevant snippet from the B&T ROW Rules: [it's actually repeated once...maybe to highlight its importance ;) ]

"If you are playing the German side you will also receive a secured saved game file in addition to the two briefings and password. By 'secured' I mean that the briefings have been stripped out, the game begun, and the passwords entered. This is the file you will use to start the PBEM game. It will be a .cmg file, not a .txt file. Start the game just as you would any other new PBEM game. The only difference is that you will have to enter the password I provide you. You will find yourself in the Axis setup phase."

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

Maybe they're like me and thought at first that they should save it to the PBEM folder. Then, when you go looking for it using the JOIN MULTIPLAYER button, it doesn't show up in the list of files. After trying that a couple times, I twigged to the fact that I was supposed to plonk it into the Scenarios folder and open it using the START GAME and EMAIL buttons - worked like a charm. All this is likely in the ROW instructions, which guys like me don't pay enough heed to.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Guys,

Several of you have reported difficulties in opening up the axis setup file. If this is the case then e-mail me, making sure to mention the scenario in question. I will send you a zipped copy which seems to work.

</font>

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I did the same thing, but took it a step further. I'd just point out for anyone else, if you rename the file like I did (to shorten it), make sure you add .cmg to the end or the game won't see it. redface.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Guys,

</font>

Ok, and now I managed to put my reply in the middle of the quotes. Yes, that's right, this is all a ruse to make my opponents think I am a complete idiot. Please, underestimate me. :rolleyes:

What I meant to say in reply to Brent was:

I did the same thing, but took it a step further. I'd just point out for anyone else, if you rename the file like I did (to shorten it), make sure you add .cmg to the end or the game won't see it.