**** ROW IV *****

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellsonian:

Here is an interesting thing. I just received my CMAK. It occurred to me that the only reason I bought it was to try and participate in ROW IV.

Me too.

What _time_ on Feb 1 will signups open?

Ta,

GaJ. </font>

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you would be ROW contenders are no longer slaves to my drinking schedule.

The ROW signups will commence at Midnight, Eastern Standard Time on Feb 1 2004. Definition of midnight is up to my host's webserver, but it is somewhat near correct.

WWB

[ January 25, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: WWB ]

Drat, I am leaving on januari 30th for a week of skiing in France. I do really hope they have internet in the appartment we hired.

I haven't missed a ROW yet (and haven't made it past the first round either). I have CMAK, ordered it right away, but still have to play the first battle... (btw, Tabpub, where is that setup?). Actually the only reason I was reading this forum now and then is to see if ROW IV was happening.

I really do hope that I manage to get a connection.

Bertram

Bertram,

Read the posts higher to this about how selection will work. As long as you sign up in a reasonable time frame and if you have been in the other tourneys you stand a good chance of being in, even if you do not sign up on the day that it opens.

I hope that helps?

H

These following RoW I participants below created CM tourney history with Wild Bill Wilder's scenarios. Whether some are still around (under another forum name) or has moved along/away from this board, I don't know.

If the older RoW vets are still around and reading this post/thread, it will be nice to know who was who in "Wreck's" zoo (aka "Wrecks Bitches") - i.e. your forum name during the tourney then.

-----------------------

EDIT: Wreck was in the same group as the following gentlemen :D : Enoch, Zalewski, Travisano (whom had the misfortune of meeting him in "Sounds in the Night" and lost 13-87), Rohde, Davidson, Juha and Gaspari

------------------------

Each player listed below played 7 scenarios with their total normalized score out of 700 [in brackets]. The 24 Vet RoW I roll call was ...

</font>

• [1] Leonard Dickens [537/700](aka "Wreck" the eventual winner)
    [2] Rhode (Chuck?) [277/700]
    [3] Travisano [287/700]
    [4] Zalewski (Tony?) [324/700]
    [5] Enoch [513/700]
    [6] Gaspari [321/700]
    [7] Juha [311/700]
    [8] Davidson [289/700]
    [9] von Lucke [323/700]
    [10] Svensson [339/700]
    [11] Georges [218/700] (later replaced by Mick, or vice versa?)
    [12] Holien [455/700]
    [13] Kingfish [377/700] (now RoW IV Tourney Director)
    [14] Tom [326/700]
    [15] CapitalistDoginChina/CDIC [363/700]
    [16] John Kettler [310/700]
    [17] Redeker [438/700]
    [18] Pixelmaster [217/700]
    [19] Scot Johnson [349/700]
    [20] Bertram [276/700]
    [21] Warren Miron [410/700]
    [22] Jukka-Pekka/JPS [391/700]
    [23] Wade Moore [259/700]
    [24] Jon Sowden/JonS? [332/700]</font>

The 7 scenarios were...

</font>

Can't seems to find the link for the last 3, can you help Kingfish?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

[ January 28, 2004, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

WineCape:

-----------------------

EDIT: Wreck was in the same group as the following gentlemen : Enoch, Zalewski, Travisano (whom had the misfortune of meeting him in "Sounds in the Night" and lost 13-87), Rohde, Davidson, Juha and Gaspari

------------------------

A lot of us were using our actual names in ROW I but there was a switch to BFC forum names in ROW II and III. So perhaps ROW I vets should be encouraged to add their actual names or other variants when they sign up so they can get credit for their vet-hood.

I am the aforementioned Travisano and want to thank WineCape for quoting the actual score of my "Sounds of the Night" debacle with Wreck. :D

[ January 28, 2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We still exist...

But I think we may be entering a black hole or somefink!!

I suggest you choose dalem he has quite a bit of spare time on his hands of late... and with any luck if he gets tied up with your "Row" then he wont turn up for the wedding and I can marry Jack.... :D

:eek: ;)

Originally posted by WineCape:

Speaking of the Pool,

It was (is?) the custom that we usually invite one useless slack from the Peng thread to participate in the RoW. Do they still exist so that we can extend an invitation to them Kingfish?

What the hell is the RoW? Righteous Organization of Wankers? =)

Kitty

Now that the fine Ladies of Peng have blessed this tournament, I'm sure it will be a great success. To further insure its success, I will be happy to finish games for 4th quarter dropouts, the time period when replacements are most difficult to find, should the need arise. Of course, should the need arise, I might just hunt down that Wreck fella instead. :D

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Now that the fine Ladies of Peng have blessed this tournament, I'm sure it will be a great success. To further insure its success, I will be happy to finish games for 4th quarter dropouts, the time period when replacements are most difficult to find, should the need arise. Of course, should the need arise, I might just hunt down that Wreck fella instead. :D

Yeah, I figured you didn't didn't have the guts to invite me. :cool:

Kitty

Well, Kitty, I'm not running these tourneys anymore so I can't do any inviting. I believe there is always a slot open for a representative of Peng however. I think you need only post your desire to participate as such, and the tourney sponsor, Winecape, would probably put you on the roster.

I don't like wine but I'll play for beer, scotch, bourbon, or vodka. =)

Where do I sign?

Kitty

I think you just did. You see, the representative of Peng is not bound by normal signup procedures. This is because they are incapable of following instructions, or conforming in any way to anything that is even remotely structured. You need only monitor this thread for a reply from WineCape or one of the other organizers. Good luck to you! I hope you get in.

I think you just did. You see, the representative of Peng is not bound by normal signup procedures. This is because they are incapable of following instructions, or conforming in any way to anything that is even remotely structured. You need only monitor this thread for a reply from WineCape or one of the other organizers.

So what do I do now? ;)

Kitty