**** ROW IV *****

Ok, here is the official list, in alpha order. If you aint on it, you aint in it.

a1steaks

AC

Ace Pilot

Agent Orange

Alsatian

Bbaker

BigMik1

Breakthrough

Brent Pollock

Capitano_Gino

CaptainMike

Chaos49

CombinedArms

Cpt T

CuznJG14

dalem

dangerousdave

DEADLY 88

Deathdealer

Determinant

Direwolf11

Efraim

Elmar Bijlsma (Tweety in ROWIII)

EMIG

Enoch

Enqvist

flammenwerfer

gator6

GreenAsJade

hartmn

Heavy Drop

herrbixx

Jaws

jbertles

jjelinek

John Kettler

John Osborne

JPS

Kanonier Reichmann

KARNAK

Larsen

Legend42

Levitacus

lindan

Londoner

Lt. Bull

Malakovski

marc420

Melnibone

MG42

Michael Dorosh

michal

Mick_Oz

mPisi

MrSpkr

Nestor

Nidan1

Nolloff

None

none

overkill

OWL

Pacestick

Panther Commander

PHLguy

PittPanther31

Platonov

redwolf

sandy

Scheer

Sgt_Kelly

Shocktrooper

Slicerw

SpineRipper

Sripe

Steve McClaire

stevebalance

Strider

Ted

The_Capt

Thumpre

Tychus

Vadr

Victor Charlie

von Lucke

Vorishilov

wadepm

Walpurgis night

Wellsonian

WWB

[edited cos I can't copy and paste neither]

PS: No amount of begging will get you in at this point. Bribes in cash or kind might.

[ February 05, 2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: WWB ]

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Can I clear up a bit of confusion.

The list is of all those who said they wanted to play.

What the list does not show is what time you signed in and what tourneys you have previously played.

Because your name is on the list does not mean automatically you get to play.

We are now going to sort through that list and release the groups as soon as we can.

People wanted to know they signed in and that is what the list shows... (and only that.)

I hope this helps. Please refer to the posts at the beginning about how the list will be sorted.

smile.gif

H

P.s. I will be having a serious talk to KF about his money making schemes. ;)

Originally posted by Enoch:

According to my count, you have 90 people on your list. Are you all adding a fourth section or making each section larger?

No, the regular tournament will be organized exactly as was ROW II & III, that of 72 players divided into 3 groups of 24, and then further subdivided into 4 sections of 6 players each. The extra players will go into a replacement pool organized and maintained by Spanish Bombs.

Originally posted by Jaws:

I'm in great smile.gif B.t.w. do you have a format for an AAR?

I will send you several examples from previous ROWS to reference, but there is no one standard format. There are some guidelines that the AAR must follow, such as size of AAR, what type of programs to use, etc. All that is spelled out in the tournament manual which you can find here

I should clarify my status - I was in ROW II but did not finish the tourney. When I signed up for this one, I indicated that I had not participated in previous ROW, to reflect that. A computer crash and a time zone concern with an opponent in Finland IIRC were the reason I failed to complete 1 or 2 battles.

I did do AARs for those I completed.

If the organizers wish to replace me with one of the other hopefuls, I can completely understand, but I would like to participate if possible as I feel my skills are improving and would like to actually finish a tourney for once. I had been in the Winecape invitational as teh competitors slowly withered away and did poorly; did better I thought in ROW II. Learned a lot, mostly, which was the main thing.

Anyway, just thought I would be upfront about it here. There was no spot in the signup form for "notes".

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Will you be sending out an email updating us on when this is starting, etc?

Also, are the groupings going to be totally random this time, or grouped randomly amongst players of roughly equal skill?

Steve

Our goal is to have the matchups completed by this weekend. We will then post the groupings here, as well as send out an e-mail to each section. These will have the e-mail addresses of your 5 opponents, so you can check to make sure everyone can communicate.

I have asked the designers to send me their finished scenarios a couple of days before the launch date. When I get the last one I will announce it here.

As for the groupings, we are kicking around a few ideas. Mine (which may not be the one we choose) is to balance out each section with 2-3 vets and a like number of newer players. We may go with an all vet / all noob groupings, or totally random.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

As for the groupings, we are kicking around a few ideas. Mine (which may not be the one we choose) is to balance out each section with 2-3 vets and a like number of newer players. We may go with an all vet / all noob groupings, or totally random.

Heh, heh, what determines a "vet"? I've never been in ROW before, but I've got at least 100 PBEMs under my belt...

Mr D, I did note that you had failed to put down your involvement last time around.

I think that you will have no problems here unless anyone has strong objections.

I know about the circumstances with the player concerned and it does not affect your entry into the tourney IMO.

As KF said we are kicking around ideas as to how to group people. I am fully aware of our debate about this last time Steve and I hope you will be happy with the challenge that is presented you.

;)

I have finished one of the games for the tourney and busy playing two others. I hope to have a quick run through the remaining two and they look good so far.

I have some Good News on the AAR front and will post that as soon as I can.

H

I like Kingfish's idea for grouping sections. I was in an all-vet section in ROW III which was fun because it was a reunion of our ROW I group, but it was also frustrating because a lot of good players basically killed one another off and only one could make the finals. It also meant that less experienced players might not benefit from the chance to play a fair number of more experienced players and thus improve their game. Also, balanced sections make for a more balanced and competitive final round. And, on another level, I'd like the chance to play some opponents I haven't confronted before.

So, all in all, I support KF's model. And if not his idea, then I'd support random pairings. My least favorite idea is all veteran and all green sections. I did an all veteran section in the last ROW and would like to do something different this time.

Just my two cents. :D