What Subject For The First CMCW Module?

9 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I'd ask @Warts 'n' allabout that ... closer to his time than mine 😏

I have to say that I was a bit surprised when I got a notification saying I was mentioned in a CMCW post, given the fact that I have no intention of buying it. For what it's worth I always call the Dutch, "the Dutch", as for "Cloggies", surely they are Lancastrian mill workers. 

Edited by Warts 'n' all

12 hours ago, Double Deuce said:

I would personally rate a module with the rest of the Warsaw Pact nations low on the priority list. For the most part, they're essentially using the similar enough equipment/organization (with some exceptions of course) and would probably be sufficiently accomplished via a thorough mod. I'd shoot for either the West Germans and Brits as the next module. 

I think for that exact reason they'd be included as part of other modules, similar to how additional Syrian formations were included in the various CMSF modules.

I would like for BLUFOR: Germany and Britain

for OPFOR: VDV and NVA or Poland/Czechs

But it would be oustanding even extending the timeframe: up to 1989 and back to the sixties

I would buy EVERYTHING (I own all the CM games with every module)

On 5/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, ng cavscout said:

The new DLC for Arma3 - Prairie Fire S.O.G. - might be up your alley, especially the Mike Force mode.

I have ARMA 3 but its not installed. I have 2.5 TB of storage space on my SSDs and need the space. I got it on sale. I'm not too familiar. I cannot play any FPS as I get motion sick. It looks like there are other modes than FPS in ARMA, I just didn't spend the time to really learn the system.

When I get my new desktop system in July it will have 3TB SSD on it so I'll be able to store more.

I did just get a new gaming laptop that had 1TB on it and I didn't want to put another SSD in it as I would void the warranty. It has the new USB 3.2 Gen 2 port so I was able to pair it up with a SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable 2TB external Portable Solid state drive.

With USB 3.2 Gen 2 the transfer rate is 2000 megabytes a second. I've been able to install games on the external SSD and play them from the external SSD and I can hardly tell the difference between the external installed games and ones stored internally.

31 minutes ago, db_zero said:

If the Dutch are included in a module will the soldiers have long hair and abide by Union rules?

iirc correctly around the time frame of CW the Dutch army was unionized and pretty laid back.

But well trained and professional. Make no mistake about that.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, db_zero said:

If the Dutch are included in a module will the soldiers have long hair and abide by Union rules?

iirc correctly around the time frame of CW the Dutch army was unionized and pretty laid back.

I thought that was only 1 brigade.

3 hours ago, Splinty said:

I thought that was only 1 brigade.

I don't know, however I don't think any union had much to say when it came to showing up for appèl or deploying to the field.

Although long hair troops would be fun :D

Edited by Lethaface

14 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Yeah, IIRC There were two Dutch divisions in the FRG and of course the rest of the Army wasn't all that far behind so I'm just wondering what is meant by "one brigade"?

Probably due to the fact that 41 Pantserbrigade based in Seedorf/Hohne was the only significant element of 1 (NL) Corps based in Germany in peacetime.  Anybody interested in the Dutch military in this period should bookmark this site:

Netherlands Armed Forces Order of Battle 1985 (orbat85.nl)