What Subject For The First CMCW Module?

I've been wondering what subject would the community prefer for the first module. 

I tried creating a poll with what I thought would be the most likely choices. These include East and West Germans, BAOR, Canadians, Airborne/Air Assault Troops, Minor Warsaw Pact Nations (Czech, Poles, Etc) and Nato Forces (Belgians, Dutch, etc).

If you don't see your preferred subject, please comment below.

I think this would also be a good way to gauge consumer interest in follow on products for CMCW.

Link to the poll

24 minutes ago, ratdeath said:

Nordic module with winter terrain :)

Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and more Russian/Warsaw pact forces of course!

Yes, yes, and YES!

I volunteeer to do voice acting for Swedish forces if that makes it more likely to be produced. I have a lovely voice 😎

30 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

I'm thinking German forces East and West, and winter terrain/textures. 

Maybe throw in the Netherlands and other users of West German gear, but I doubt we get a single NATO module for this. British forces separate.

NVA and Bundeswehr seems quite plausible as one module, yes. Still, there's quite a few assets to build for the Bundeswehr. Jaguar, Gepard, Kanonenjagdpanzer....

In my idillyc world, yet still grounded on reality (or so I hope ;) ), the sequence of module release should be something like this:

1st. CMCW Mad Wargames: An extension of the base game to add the year 1983 (together with winter textures) and the Archer Able exercises, together with the inclusion of both West and East German Armies. (The soviets during that year were convinced that the Americans were about to invade them, campaigns with the americans in the offensive would be an interisting change from the usually depicted soviet invasion)

2nd. CMCW Race to the Wesser: A module depicting the push to the Wesser by the soviets. The british, belgians and dutch are included, together with the Poles.

3rd CMCW "Le Garde Sur Le Rhin" : The french are added, with campaigns depicting the defense of the Rhine by french forces in case of a effective Soviet bretrought. The rest of Warsaw Pact, together with Canada; are also added.

And with that, you have a hot war in 80s Germany mostly covered. From there, you can go wherever you want. Extend the year coverage to the early 70s or late 80s, add the southern and asian fronts, do some Alt-history scenarios, etc.

Norway.

As well as the main push around Fulda there would have been a myriad of smaller fronts, and Norway would be one of the most interesting IMO.  It would need winter textures and would provide interesting opportunities for mountain/fjord choke points.  Which would need the inclusion of Norgie forces as well as British, probably.

Didn't the French refuse to deploy outside of France, so Warsaw Pact has to get through everyone else before they encounter the French.

For myself I voted the obvious east/west Germans, though if the setting was 1989 I would have nominated the Poles first for the awesome Wz. 89 Puma camo.

Edited by Speedy

27 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Didn't the French refuse to deploy outside of France.

No, as I recall two or three French divisions were stationed in West Germany, plus as others have mentioned, there was a French brigade in Berlin.

4 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

No, as I recall two or three French divisions were stationed in West Germany, plus as others have mentioned, there was a French brigade in Berlin.

Ahh yeah I just did some quick googling and I was mixing it up with the French removing their forces from the Nato command structure from the 60's on.

the French 1st and 5th Armored Divisions were stationed on the German side of the border at Oberhofen and Trier. It's easy to come up with a scenario where France for various reasons refuses to participate, but the "standard" Fulda Gap scenario generally assumes the French would be fighting in Germany.

I voted for the two Germanies. While I prefer Britain personally, it just makes more sense to do Germany first for a war fought in Germany. Also the NVA should be easy to do since nearly all the assets are already there. And you already have German voice acting from a wide range of titles.

edit: it should also be fairly simple to do Poland and Czechoslovakia, whose units would have been included in the follow-on forces behind GSFG and CGF. 

Edited by KungFuTreachery

Logic would say you're never going to see Swedes or Koreans in this game. I'm not even sure they could fit US Marines into the title, though BFC loves their Marines. I suspect any Arab-Israeli battles are going to have to be cobbled together via the NTC region setting. I don't think Steve is particularly keen to invade Lebanon in 1982

2 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

You forget about the Dutch near Lunenburg, forget it the Soviets wouldn't dare to attack them. 

The more the merrier. Wouldn´t mind to have the dutch and belgians in that module also.

If they manage to implement North German Plain 85 by Tiller everyone would be more than happy I guess John Tiller Software - Modern Campaigns - North German Plain '85

Edited by DesertFox