Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

On 5/27/2021 at 2:19 PM, Kevin2k said:

It is not really a 'bug', but inconvenient. The following cannot be purchased as single vehicles in QB, but only as part of a formation:

- Elefant

- Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär mid/late

- Hummel

- Pz IIIM Flame

Confirmed and reported.

My friend and I bought the RT Bundle last month and are playing our first PBEM game with me as the Russians.  The scenario is Baranovichi.  I've noticed a number of times that squads become quite dispersed and you end up with the squad in groups many yards apart.  We have been playing the other WW2 CM games for 10 years and I've never seen this type of behaviour.  I was going to post a screenshot but holding the Windows key along with PrtScn only produces a black screen.  Anyone else seen this type of dispersion?

1 hour ago, CanuckGamer said:

PrtScn only produces a black screen.  Anyone else seen this type of dispersion?

On Windows you have the 'XBox Games Bar' that works a lot better and is the one I use. Press: 'Windows+G' and you see the Games Bar. The good thing is during the game you need to press only Windows +Alt+Prtscreen to get a screen shot. The App keeps a record of all your screenshots. All my screenshots here were done with this App. Yes, I noticed that too, it seems what the TacAI is doing this, that the units are looking for cover and split up the squad. Just my theory only. 

Edited by chuckdyke

I had the most interesting event happen while playing the fourth mission of the "Broken Shields" campaign (Snow Blind). 

Whilst attacking the observation post directly from the east I came under fire in the fields from an M3A1 scout car located just in the courtyard of the castle (the other main objective of the mission). And murderous fire at that! It took out my armoured car as well as 10 of my infantrymen, taking almost every squad under fire as they tried to approach the observation post. It was truly quite incredible. The car spotted and fired on my infantry teams almost every time they moved... this in blizzard conditions at a range of 400-500 metres! For point of reference, this was in a mission where my (regular-crack skill) infantry teams themselves could only see ahead 100-200 metres at most. My men for their part never even spotted, let alone shot at, the scout car. And I couldn't get any of them to get a LOS to where I knew the scout car was, even with reverse slope. 

Essentially, this Soviet scout car gunner either had the all seeing eye + aimbot... or there's a bug where the M3A1 scout cars don't have their spotting capabilities impacted by the weather for some reason. I lean more towards this theory, as the other scout car in the mission also had unholy spotting capabilities compared to my own veteran infantry. 

18 minutes ago, pintere said:

Essentially, this Soviet scout car gunner either had the all seeing eye + aimbot

One difference between us and the authors of the scenarios. They know which units they give us and paint the triggers of their plans. We can only guess what those triggers are. Perhaps your units stepped on one. 

9 hours ago, pintere said:

Essentially, this Soviet scout car gunner either had the all seeing eye + aimbot...

I just did a test with a purpose made map. Soviet scout cars and German Kubelwagens separated by a mortar smoke screen. The scout car HMG gunners see and shoot through the smoke screen.

This was also reported as bug for Cold War v1.00 and current v1.01, as shown with M113 HMG gunners, just this week. I don't know if the problem is isolated to just M2 .50 cal HMG gunners.

Model glitch: 

Panther VD Late - shadows from non-existent spare track on turret and hull

ngmYskE.jpg

XETZz1U.jpg

Only happens at certain angles, square-on to the affected side it's not showing:

VenkY1D.jpg

Latest patched version of Bubble & Squeak. Happens with and without mods. In or out of Movie Mode. Shaders on or off.

The spare track links that do appear also look a bit floaty, the shadow doesn't really anchor them to the vehicle.

11 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

One difference between us and the authors of the scenarios. They know which units they give us and paint the triggers of their plans. We can only guess what those triggers are. Perhaps your units stepped on one. 

The Soviet scout car never moved from it's spot in the whole game but still shot up my poor pixeltruppen like they were on range. And this in a blizzard at 500 metre range. I'm pretty sure even the most evil of scenario designers can't wrap that into an AI trigger...

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Model glitch: 

Panther VD Late - shadows from non-existent spare track on turret and hull

ngmYskE.jpg

XETZz1U.jpg

Only happens at certain angles, square-on to the affected side it's not showing:

VenkY1D.jpg

Latest patched version of Bubble & Squeak. Happens with and without mods. In or out of Movie Mode. Shaders on or off.

The spare track links that do appear also look a bit floaty, the shadow doesn't really anchor them to the vehicle.

Same problem with non-existent tow cable on IS2 (the model in the Seelow Heights scenario). Reported before patch but still remains.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

Same problem with non-existent tow cable on IS2 (the model in the Seelow Heights scenario). Reported before patch but still remains.

They did fix a few shadow issues I believe, but there do seem to be quite a few outstanding. Let's hope they catch them in the next patch ...

8 hours ago, pintere said:

The Soviet scout car never moved from it's spot in the whole game but still shot up my poor pixeltruppen like they were on range.

It didn't move but you did. I had once a scout car like that. Found a sweet spot with the .50 just exposed. Nothing could hit it but the .50 could hit anybody. Don't worry about it

• 1 month later...

Bug report: PziiiG has several 3D issues. I searched this thread and saw that hatch issues had been reported. Adding to that:

1. for "open up", the pziiig commander's hatch rotates up and out about an axis outside the hull versus rotating about the hinge location axis.

2. the bow LMG tracks with the turret and rotates about the z-axis at the center of the turret along with the turret

3. gun mantlet seems to slide outwards and down like the jaws on the creature in the movie Alien. Space Lobsters prequel? It eventually hits and enters the 3D mesh of the hull.

4. As turret rotates we see through and down into the crew compartment where Hans is whistling the Panzerlied

Maybe somebody hired some new interns?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 4:02 AM, Col Rosenberger said:

🐛 Minor typo in mission briefing for "The Rites of Spring" battle.  

"... were choked were choked with mud,"

Also in this briefing for the Axis side: one objective is not listed properly. On the map the "Vineyard" objective has one action spot seperated from the rest of the objective so when objectives are turned on "Vineyard" is in two places. The farm objective has one name as a "location" and a different one as an objective.

• 3 months later...