And now.....

3 hours ago, umlaut said:

I knew it!

OK, I didnt know it, but I very strongly suspected that you guys had planned some kind of ambush with a completely new game family. I had hoped it would have been Fall Gelb or Barbarossa, though (not that I´m complaining).
😃

Yeah I too have had my suspicions since the last round of patches (the scripts text file was full of new additions including Pattons, M113's, T-80's & LAW's ).

Excellent news and it'll be a guaranteed purchase from me.

3 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm not sure I understand why this news wasn't included in the 'bone' this year. Combined with the endless delay on the Fire and Rubble module it's all a bit of an Enigma to me.

My guess is that they wanted Fire and Rubble somewhat halfway out of the door before they announced anything new. My hope was/is that they were working on more stuff and 2021 might be a very good year :)

16 minutes ago, ratdeath said:

My guess is that they wanted Fire and Rubble somewhat halfway out of the door before they announced anything new. My hope was/is that they were working on more stuff and 2021 might be a very good year :)

Given the recent experiences I doubt that any other game than the Fire and Rubble module will see the light of day this year, or next year. But hope springs eternal. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Although I'm currently 100% WW2 (and thankfully I know a little bit about it), BFC seems to be doing its best to get me into more modern conflicts.  Oh well, time to start learning again 😉.

Still so much ground to cover with regard to WW2. Winter War, Blitzkrieg, North Africa, Russia 1941-1943 and so on and so forth. Modern conflicts are nice and each to his own, but I prefer the military conflicts from the past.

I am still waiting for a hero to date these pictures to a month. 😁

We know:
- Starship 1974-81
- Vehicle camo 1975-85
- Still wearing olive uniforms -1981
- M16A1 with 30-round mags approx.1977-
- ALICE carry system 1973–1997

My estimation is summer 1979

What did I miss?

Edited by The_MonkeyKing

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

But hope springs eternal. 🙂

Indeed :)

I am also somewhat impatient while waiting and I like it when the time between announcement and release is short. Like Bethesda did with Skyrim, they presented it at E3 in June if I am not mistaken and they launched the game in November that very same year!

Hmm, I just fact checked my own memory and I mixed Skyrim up with Fallout 4. Skyrim was announced in December 2010.

49 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I am still waiting for a hero to date these pictures to a month. 😁

We know:
- Starship 1974-81
- Vehicle camo 1975-85
- Still wearing olive uniforms -1981
- M16A1 with 30-round mags approx.1977-
- ALICE carry system 1973–1997

My estimation is summer 1979

What did I miss?

In 1983 the balloon almost went up, so yes, about that time would be possible.

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

In 1983 the balloon almost went up, so yes, about that time would be possible.

Although the M60A2 was already phased out of service by then (81 according to wikipedia at least, and noted by Monkeyking who seems to have some expertise in the kit of this era).

Countryside looks typical central Germany to me, although it seems the bus stop sign has Arabic text. Guess they borrowed those from Syria ;-).

3 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

To be fair it does look like South Korean Vehicle Camo, but the ROK never used the Starship if i remember right.

This was also my though or Vietnam war...

so adieu 80 ' 

I was also  checking the bus sign and make the picture big big to see something new and readeable...

But we one another theatre of war...

Edited by 3j2m7

7 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Wait, what?

Yeah.....That!  Exactly!  :o

5 hours ago, Bufo said:

Almost spilled my morning coffee...

My keyboard is wearing a light coating of tea!  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yeah I too have had my suspicions since the last round of patches (the scripts text file was full of new additions including Pattons, M113's, T-80's & LAW's ).

You kept that quiet.  :ph34r:

3 hours ago, 37mm said:

Excellent news and it'll be a guaranteed purchase from me.

Christ yes!  @BFCElvis.....Where do I send the money?  :D

Probably just the artificial night-brightness option.

It should be noted the scripts file additions included the M2 Bradley (introduced in '81), M901 ITV* (introduced in '79), and, as the PASGT gear was standard issue by '85, I'm all but certain this will be a 1983 Fulda Gap game.

*Also the M163 VADS

11 minutes ago, atshii said:

Good. 

I guess that all the Fulda threads and votes over the years did eventually reap results 😉

And between 1979-1982 so almost all of the options are there. 

Edited by Lethaface