And now.....

Quoted  from wargamer.com:

•  the game will include three campaigns and 15 standalone scenarios
  • West Germany between 1979 and 1982
  •  between the US and Soviet forces
  • The game primarily centres on the Fulda Gap 
  • the first of the game’s campaigns follows US forces [...] Players take command of two US regiments to stop a Soviet invasion of Europe and can play the campaign in either 1982 or 1979
  • The second campaign, playing as the Soviets, traces the opening 48 hours of a fictional USSR invasion of West Germany
  • The final campaign gives you command of a US Army Company Team, simulating battle in the US National Training Center
  • The game also includes 15 standalone scenarios set in the US V and VII Corps sectors of West Germany, involving different-scaled battles, from platoon- to battalion-level
  • historically accurate equipment and weapons effects, alongside a suite of era-appropriate tanks and vehicles – including the M48, M60 series of tanks, and T64 – alongside a range of US and Soviet aircraft, such as the F-4 Phantom and Mig-23/27

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

No speculation on what exactly is raining down from the sky in that top shot?

Cluster munitions fired by off map arty.

That can only mean one thing!

16 minutes ago, Bufo said:

• the first of the game’s campaigns follows US forces [...] Players take command of two US regiments to stop a Soviet invasion of Europe and can play the campaign in either 1982 or 1979
  • The second campaign, playing as the Soviets, traces the opening 48 hours of a fictional USSR invasion of West Germany
  • The final campaign gives you command of a US Army Company Team, simulating battle in the US National Training Center
  • The game also includes 15 standalone scenarios set in the US V and VII Corps sectors of West Germany, involving different-scaled battles, from platoon- to battalion-level
  • historically accurate equipment and weapons effects, alongside a suite of era-appropriate tanks and vehicles – including the M48, M60 series of tanks, and T64 – alongside a range of US and Soviet aircraft, such as the F-4 Phantom and Mig-23/27

YUP!  Take my $$$ now.  That time frame was extraordinarily interesting as NATO and the East Bloc were (more or less) 'balanced for gameplay.'

Can NBC be simulated?  I know that literal nukes are overkill, but having contaminated terrain type where MOPP suits degrade pixeltruppen speed, stamina and spotting capability would be a nice touch. 

3 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I am still waiting for a hero to date these pictures to a month. 
We know:
- Starship 1974-81
- Vehicle camo 1975-85
- Still wearing olive uniforms -1981
- M16A1 with 30-round mags approx.1977-
- ALICE carry system 1973–1997
My estimation is summer 1979

image.png.d7e7e0610a5990aa23329b0a2f40ccda.png

do I get a price?

Edited by The_MonkeyKing

Just now, Megalon Jones said:

YUP!  Take my $$$ now.  That time frame was extraordinarily interesting as NATO and the East Bloc were (more or less) 'balanced for gameplay.'

Can NBC be simulated?  I know that literal nukes are overkill, but having contaminated terrain type where MOPP suits degrade pixeltruppen speed, stamina and spotting capability would be a nice touch. 

I'm more hopeful about fire being implemented like in the old games - where buildings and stuff could be set on fire and destroyed. 

Think napalm. And thermobaric explosives. 

18 minutes ago, Megalon Jones said:

Space Lobsters!

BDH

1 hour ago, RepsolCBR said:

First module...

- Swedish forces 😁

'kidding' aside...i actually think that this could be a decent module...COMBAT MISSION NOTHERN THUNDER 😊

Central europe will need to come first though offcourse...but hopefully one day...

As i recall it... one off the major threath scenarios as considdered in sweden in the days goes something like this...

The Baltic states strive for independance turns uggly and results in confrontations in those states...The Swedidh airforce and navy gets engaged by russian units while trying to protect baltic refugees fleeing across the sea....this escalates and results in a russian invation of Sweden...NATO forces interveen to try to prevent the russians from getting controll of the Swedish teritory...

If not a full modukle...I hope they will release a vast amount of TOEs from various nations to allow us to 'sandbox' at will....This timeframe/setting offers alot of possibilites if we only have the units avaliable...

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

Strange that we must get that news from Wargamer. This still is the CM forum, isn't it?