And now.....

4 hours ago, Lethaface said:

And between 1979-1982 so almost all of the options are there.

The expansion & modding options for this game will be enormous, with just a couple of modules it could almost certainly handle the USSR's adventures in Afghanistan and all the way back to to America's involvement in Vietnam, and almost everything in between, including the Arab/Israeli wars.

PS - Suffice it to say CM:H&E will almost certainly be getting a rebuild.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

45 minutes ago, Wicky said:

Or a Soviet invasion of Harwich 😉 

I was just thinking about the various WWIII books that appeared over the years, 'History Of the Third World War', 'Red Storm Rising', 'Sword Point'.....IIRC a few of them feature an Iran scenario.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

9 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Now you're talking!!!

CM Cold War would be awesome!!

Don't forget the Dutch!

Must have Dutch & Belgians -- long, long ago I was a 20 yr old in charge of all NATO forces in Europe.  I remember building a second, desperate defense line behind a river using  Dutch & Belgian forces in Red Lightning.  Soviets broke through to that line but were firmly halted, fortunately having been heavily depleted during the breakthrough.  So yes, let's not forget the Dutch!  I am guessing this game will be expandable to other NATO countries, like has been done w CMSF.  Certainly gives me a reason to wish for a long life!

I had posted awhile ago that the delays caused by BFC working with Slitherine last year on their military project for the Brits was liable to see a downstream benefit from BFC becoming used to working to a deadline. This was what I was talking about. Turnaround on this title is about a fast as anything I've seen from them. And no corners cut doing it, either.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

I had posted awhile ago that the delays caused by BFC working with Slitherine last year on their military project for the Brits was liable to see a downstream benefit from BFC becoming used to working to a deadline. This was what I was talking about. Turnaround on this title is about a fast as anything I've seen from them. And no corners cut doing it, either.

Plus I guess it caught many of us off guard (including me), all the better. Don't forget to relax after the crunch! 😉

Holy sh*t, this is even better than I first thought! While I have never been a big fan of a playing a face-off with Russia in the 80's, this will certainly get me into it. But even better, along the lines of what the Sarge is talking about, this will be a great sandbox for all my African Bush Wars and Arab-Israeli Wars stuff I've been putzing with (in modern day settings, of course) with CMSF2. Great times ahead for us and BFC!

18 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

If it was done that fast alongside development of Fire & Rubble and British MOD work, I can imagine when they get around to early WWII, they could cough up at least one title per year, at least. Maybe we'll get to the early war stuff before I croak after all!

41 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I was just thinking about the various WWIII books that appeared over the years, 'History Of the Third World War', 'Red Storm Rising', 'Sword Point'.....IIRC a few of them feature an Iran scenario.

Team Yankee for something on this level.

4 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Team Yankee

Forgot that one.....Fun book.  B)

6 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

So Elvis, what release time frame are we talking about?  Just in general I mean -- do you expect 2021 or will it be more like 2022?

Allegedly April.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

We are keeping it all crossed for you!  ;)

Thank you for this awesome project.  B)

You are very welcome.  I think people will be surprised at how balanced the fighting is between the US and Soviet forces.  It reminds me more of CMBN than CMBS or CMSF wrt to force balance.

3 hours ago, rocketman said:

Yes, "Northern Storm" - Soviet invasion through northern Finland, into Sweden and on to NATO Norway. 

The Dutch and British marines, both specialized in arctic warfare, will come to your rescue! Well, we'll fight shoulder to shoulder with you guys.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Ordered via PayPal!  this is great. 

And what a deal -- I spend $75 a month for 5 months per year just to watch football, so CMCW for $60 is great bang for the buck, hundreds of hours of playing w armymen in the dirt.

Maybe, maybe the co-operation with Slitherine will also mean more modules for the ww2 titles. Perhaps all of our dreams will come true after all.

4 hours ago, waffelmann said:

? 2022???

First modle from Fulda Gap will hopefully be germany (west and east)... 

Indeed, especially the Bundeswehr, but also the British and Dutch army. In that period the Dutch army could field a thousand tanks. Nowadays we have to rent tanks from our German comrades to train our tank crews...

Edited by Aragorn2002

3 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

'kidding' aside...i actually think that this could be a decent module...COMBAT MISSION NOTHERN THUNDER 😊

Central europe will need to come first though offcourse...but hopefully one day...

As i recall it... one off the major threath scenarios as considdered in sweden in the days goes something like this...

The Baltic states strive for independance turns uggly and results in confrontations in those states...The Swedidh airforce and navy gets engaged by russian units while trying to protect baltic refugees fleeing across the sea....this escalates and results in a russian invation of Sweden...NATO forces interveen to try to prevent the russians from getting controll of the Swedish teritory...

If not a full modukle...I hope they will release a vast amount of TOEs from various nations to allow us to 'sandbox' at will....This timeframe/setting offers alot of possibilites if we only have the units avaliable...

God dammit !

I think i need to wear my glasses somewhat more (i don't like them 😎)...

I hope the above is somewhat readable atlest...uurf, uurf 🙃