Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

3 hours ago, Ultradave said:

They are in there. One way, in a QB, select Panzer Battalion 44 (late), then at the bottom you can select what vehicles, as the screen cap below shows.

Also available as individual vehicles. (second picture).   

I had the date set for February 45. Didn't check other dates.

(It's also in FB, BTW, by picking the same formation and it was already in RT)

Dave

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.14.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.16.57 AM.jpg

I know that we have Pz IV J late, in fact, it is in the game since Red Thunder. I'm talking about the latest production serie (Jan'45-May'45) only build in the Nibelungenwerfer factory which showed clear visual differences regardind the rest of Pz IV's. Given that we have Tiger Late and Tiger Last with the only nuance of the amunition ammount, we shoud have that Pz IV version (IMO) which offered several distintive characteristics.

17 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Is anybody else really, really, REALLY happy to know that AKD is a Combat Mission beta tester?  If not, you should be :D

That's for sure. I read over every informative and precise discussion thread that @Battlefront.com and @akd have. Mostly my eyes glaze over but I am always impressed at what they accomplish with regards to the TO&E. And thankful.

3 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I know that we have Pz IV J late, in fact, it is in the game since Red Thunder. I'm talking about the latest production serie (Jan'45-May'45) only build in the Nibelungenwerfer factory which showed clear visual differences regardind the rest of Pz IV's. Given that we have Tiger Late and Tiger Last with the only nuance of the amunition ammount, we shoud have that Pz IV version (IMO) which offered several distintive characteristics.

Yup, this one slipped through unnoticed until now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

For the most part we focus our minor variants on ones that have an impact on performance (eg. ammo count).  Usually there's physical changes that are obvious and so we do those too.  In this case the PzIV J's final form was mostly physical changes that don't impact performance.  That's not a reason for us to exclude it, just a good explanation as to why it hasn't been done.  It's now on our ToDo List ;)

Steve

35 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yup, this one slipped through unnoticed until now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

For the most part we focus our minor variants on ones that have an impact on performance (eg. ammo count).  Usually there's physical changes that are obvious and so we do those too.  In this case the PzIV J's final form was mostly physical changes that don't impact performance.  That's not a reason for us to exclude it, just a good explanation as to why it hasn't been done.  It's now on our ToDo List ;)

Steve

Thanks for considering this. IMHO the main reason for including it in game is based on that the Pz IV continued being the backbone of the armoured forces including in those latest stages of the war. Ending 1944,Nibelungenwerfer was the only factory which worked on Pz IV since Vomag and Krupp focused theirs work on JgPz and Stugs. So the last Pz IV J viewed on the battlefield was that mentioned version. Only for that it deserves a place here.

P.D. When will it be included? In a future F&R patch? Next module for FB?

5 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

Thanks for considering this. IMHO the main reason for including it in game is based on that the Pz IV continued being the backbone of the armoured forces including in those latest stages of the war. Ending 1944,Nibelungenwerfer was the only factory which worked on Pz IV since Vomag and Krupp focused theirs work on JgPz and Stugs. So the last Pz IV J viewed on the battlefield was that mentioned version. Only for that it deserves a place here.

Certainly.  Although the numbers were small compared to the other PzIVs in service, we do like variety ;)

5 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

P.D. When will it be included? In a future F&R patch? Next module for FB?

I don't know when it will get into the game, but for sure it will arrive in a patch available to everybody. 

Steve

2 hours ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

Jumpete: Small correction: Nibelungenwerk or Nibelungenwerke - not Nibelungenwerfer.

Thanks for the correction and my apologies for the wrong. There are some germanic  words which for me are impossible  to write correctly, one of them is this and another one the name of the mortar carried on the  WW2 german tanks turret.

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Certainly.  Although the numbers were small compared to the other PzIVs in service, we do like variety ;)

I don't know when it will get into the game, but for sure it will arrive in a patch available to everybody. 

Steve

Thanks you for considering the suggestions Steve. You and your team did a great work with F&R, congratulations.

Edited by Jumpete

@Battlefront.com all all the staff...This game is incredible...is amazing...it is the game I have always wanterd...brings me back does memories of when I do first discover some small company that got a game call CMBO and I decided to give it a try... on the time that any penny in my pocket counts...this is mind blowing..with the atmosphere, the big and small toys, the ANYTHING it get... I guess i'm becoming insane!! i have just found myself literally crying of joy...just thinking that even it can be improved with upgraded engine #5 and my brain goes nuts...

Edited by Dan Dare

Just now, Dan Dare said:

@Battlefront.com all all the staff...This game is incredible...is amazing...it is the game I have always want...brings me back does memories of when I do first discover some small company that got I game call CMBO and I decided to give it a try... on the time that any penny in my pocket counts...this is mind blowing..with the atmosphere, the big and small toys, the ANYTHING it get... I guess i'm becoming insane!! i have just found myself literally crying of joy...just thinking that even it can be improved with upgraded engine #5 and my brain goes nuts...

Don't beat around the bush, Dan, do you like this module or not? 😀

On 4/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, sburke said:

some people like leaving you guessing.  It is a psychological manipulation ploy and eventually leads to bicycle theft.

They'll get my bicycle over my cold dead body.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:03 AM, Dan Dare said:

@Battlefront.com all all the staff...This game is incredible...is amazing...it is the game I have always wanterd...brings me back does memories of when I do first discover some small company that got a game call CMBO and I decided to give it a try... on the time that any penny in my pocket counts...this is mind blowing..with the atmosphere, the big and small toys, the ANYTHING it get... I guess i'm becoming insane!! i have just found myself literally crying of joy...just thinking that even it can be improved with upgraded engine #5 and my brain goes nuts...

Welcome to the club. You'll find many of us here share your compulsion. some even exceed it and beta test new releases.

Edited by Vet 0369