Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

What I don't get is that for CMCW it's possible to give an exact release date, while for Fire and Rubble we don't even know whether the release is a matter of days, weeks or months. I've said enough about it in the past years and have been ridiculed, insulted and ignored for it. That's okay, since I often have been harsh and offensive. But I don't regret one word and still think Fire and Rubble will go into history as an example of how NOT to produce and promote a new product. 

We're now in the pre-order phase, we have a release candidate, but still don't know whether we can expect that wonderful e-mail to start downloading our pre-order this evening or in a couple of months...🤨

Edited by Aragorn2002

8 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Hey Aragorn, as I understand it, CW has a firm release date because of commitments to Steam and Slitherine. 

My guess was March 32nd, and I’m sticking with it. Next weekend is your Huckleberry!

Let us pray, MJ...🙏

Long Easter weekend ahead, so...

Edited by Aragorn2002

I'm agree with Aragorn2002. Why CW has a release date and FR hasn't? Apparently CW is more ambitious project since it's a full new family and FR is only a new module based in a base game with seven years old and with the mostly of the incoming stuff tested extensivily in others Battlefront WW2 tittles.

16 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

I'm agree with Aragorn2002. Why CW has a release date and FR hasn't? Apparently CW is more ambitious project since it's a full new family and FR is only a new module based in a base game with seven years old and with the mostly of the incoming stuff tested extensivily in others Battlefront WW2 tittles.

Precisely.If MJ is right (he usually is, but don't tell him I said that) and it is a matter of commitment to Steam and Slitherine I have been right all along and Fire and Rubble is a sideshow with low priority. CMCW shows what's possible with a good and strict schedule.

Edited by Aragorn2002

It is too bad we can just through money at it. I'd pay an extra to have it released sooner. BFC could increase revenue per unit. Everyone would be happy. I don't think it is that type of problem though. I am sure they are trying their hardest with the resources available. 

My first BFC game was shock force 2. I didn't try the WW2 because I thought it would be lame in comparison to all the gadgets of the modern era. Boy was I wrong. WW2 has way more tactical elements. Shock force you knock down houses with a 30mm cannon and then move on to the next house. They should build in an overheating effect to balance that weapon out. It is still a great game, it is just out done by BFC ww2 titles. When F&R releases, I am gonna be so amped. I'd enjoy an BFCElvis update just to catch a glimpse of where things are at.   

13 minutes ago, Almac said:

I'd enjoy an BFCElvis update just to catch a glimpse of where things are at.   

Sure. All standalone battles and all 5 campaigns are complete. Briefing graphics, final tweaks, etc...Done. In the bag. Ready to be shipped. 

One of the things that I do with each new build is open each battle from both sides and make sure something hasn't changed that causes a crash now, where it didn't crash before. Ben was doing the same for the campaigns and 1 of them crashed.

It is not uncommon when testing for one thing to get fixed only to have it break somefink else.

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

Sure. All standalone battles and all 5 campaigns are complete. Briefing graphics, final tweaks, etc...Done. In the bag. Ready to be shipped. 

One of the things that I do with each new build is open each battle from both sides and make sure something hasn't changed that causes a crash now, where it didn't crash before. Ben was doing the same for the campaigns and 1 of them crashed.

It is not uncommon when testing for one thing to get fixed only to have it break somefink else.

I think this qualifies as very very very very very close though at least!

Seriously though I appreciate updates like this because it does make it less torturous, sounds like it'll be in our hands shortly.

12 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

thank you for the update Elvis., always appreciate the insight.. 🙂

Edited by Bubba883XL

12 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

yeah, that does sound close

Depends on how serious that crash is, I would say. How difficult is it to find what causes the crash? Is it simple to fix or does it require a lot of work? And if it's fixed won't it cause another problem, which causes another crash? A crashing campaign is no small patatoes.

I must admit feeling trully sorry for those guys. Must be very frustrating.

Personally I would rather have a fixed release date, even the 29th of April, than this. But anyhow, no show this weekend. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

Hey,

BFC hooked us up with some snow, works for me, I have a ghetto version of cmrt right now but its cool. I have snow. :)

Not for nothing I expect this to be BFC's most prestigious to date - and probably ever. This is something they would never want to get wrong. R2V was lame compared to this. This module looks insane.

Edited by Artkin

1 minute ago, Almac said:

Rock on Elvis, you are the man! I appreciate the update. It sounds real close to being done. I hope you guys can find the source of the issue and take a holiday. We appreciate all your hard work. 

Yes, it is much appreciated. No sarcasm intended. You guys must be pretty exhausted.