CMSF2 Demos Released!

15 minutes ago, SippyStraw said:

After creeping as an anon in the forums for a very long time, this day deserves an actual registering in here to celebrate. Looking forward to playing SF in its new form. Refresh monkey mode can now rest, at least for a little.

Welcome. Nice to have you!

Is this your first title?

Mord.

6 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Judging by the "refresh monkey" comment I'm going to guess not :)

That's weird. I completely missed the refresh monkey part! I am slipping in my old age. Pretty soon I'll be just like Emrys, eating tapioca and screaming at the mailman because they raised the price of stamps again..

Mord.

Edited by Mord

10 hours ago, Mord said:

Welcome. Nice to have you!

Is this your first title?

Mord.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. No I've been playing seriously since I found the original CMSF. Ironically when Shock Force came out I would come off actual patrols in the middle east to play with my little virtual units, and still am sitting in the middle east down about do the same (little less excitement these days but none the less). I've stuck mostly to Shock Force, Afghan, Normandy, and Black Sea. Super excited to dig into the next wave. Figured its probably time to "be social" and make myself known here lol. My F5 support group. I've got some catching up to do, with some of yall having over 16000 posts lol.

Edited by SippyStraw

On 10/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, absolutmauser said:

Running well on OSX. As mentioned above, make sure you drag the extracted application into the Applications folder if it doesn't unpack there automatically! Otherwise you get a black screen! 

I'm on a mid 2013 MacBookPro 15" with integrated graphics and it's running well on Balanced, similar to performance of other Engine 4 games (I've got all of them except Gustav Line, which I will get!) 

Looking forward to the full release!

On a sad note, Strykers are still made out of spit and tissue paper, just like IRL. 

@Pete Wenman We can be more than one thing! We can be happy about the demo and simultaneously grouse about any number of other things! We're amazingly capable in this area! =D

Good to know that it runs well on MBPs. Hope it will run on my mid 2011 MBPro 13 inch. What was the RAM on your MBPro?

Great news! and great vibe here now ;-P. i fired the demo up yesterday evening, a lot of memories coming back from listening the intro music. It seemed to run very well without having to setup a nvidia profile.

looking forward to giving it a proper spin over the weekend! :)

Great news! and great vibe here now ;-P. i fired the demo up yesterday evening, a lot of memories coming back from listening the intro music. It seemed to run very well without having to setup a nvidia profile.

looking forward to giving it a proper spin over the weekend! :)

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

Oh wow, you weren't wrong when you said that was running awfully for you :(

Cool video though - the shader mods probably work really well with CMSF's high contrast pallette.

Lol, you should have seen it 48 hours ago... I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve to improve it but turning off "threaded optimization" has helped greatly.