CMSF2 Demos Released!

At long last we are happy to announce the demos for CMSF2 are available right now:

Windows:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s25afa9e71ca4e789

MacOS:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sf03b551361e40989

The Demo is set up with the same scenarios as the original CMSF1 Demo, which should give everybody a good apples to apples comparison.  Might be kinda fun to go back and play the CMSF1 Demo after to get a reminder of how much has changed over the years.

You'll notice that we're calling CMSF2 "version 2.00" to distinguish it from CMSF1 version numbers.  Best to have as little chance for confusion as possible :D

We had intended to release it at the end of September an annoying Demo specific bug held things up.  We've not built a demo in awhile and some security changes required a work around for the Mac.  For you Mac guys out there, anybody running Sierra or higher *MUST* run the demo from the Applications folder (as best we can figure).  The installer should put it there to start with.

Enjoy!

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

At long last we are happy to announce the demos for CMSF2 are available right now:

Windows:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s25afa9e71ca4e789

Thank you, just given it a quick whirl... have any of your Beta testers mentioned any issue's with frame rates?

Playing the "training scenario" (which I recognize from the CMBS demo) seems to be killing me... I can play the CMBS version fully modded, with reshade & movie mode & barely notice a stutter.

Yet the CMSF2 version seems to be stuttery even on vanilla... tree's seem to be the big FPS killer, the (vanilla) movie mode also hurts my frame rates.

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Thank you, just given it a quick whirl... have any of your Beta testers mentioned any issue's with frame rates?

Playing the "training scenario" (which I recognize from the CMBS demo) seems to be killing me... I can play the CMBS version fully modded, with reshade & movie mode & barely notice a stutter.

Yet the CMSF2 version seems to be stuttery even on vanilla... tree's seem to be the big FPS killer, the (vanilla) movie mode also hurts my frame rates.

I am guessing (intel integrated video card) with the new install of the demo, your onboard Intel graphics card is now running the game.  If Nvidia, use the control panel and make a profile for the demo.

Thanks! Very cool. I wasn't expecting it. Actually when I first saw the thread I thought it was somebody being a jerk and pulling a prank.

BTW, mods won't work in the demo (tried to change the explosion, fire, red cross and some sounds) and there is no 3D view for the map editor. You can plop down tiles but you can't look at them in game.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

26 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Frame rates. I have a Mac so maybe not s good comparison, but all through beta testing it wasn’t an issue and I thoroughly tested the demo release. Runs great with graphic settings all maxed out to best and shadowsvand shaders. 

Same (also Mac) here so far. Everything maxed except Shaders turned off.

Michael

Glad to see our demo getting some immediate attention ;)

3 hours ago, Jace11 said:

Is it my imagination or is the AI behaviour under HE fixed in this demo?

Yep, it's all fixed.  We used CMSF2 and CMFI (which is in testing for Rome to Victory Module) as test beds to address the sheltering problems.  Took quite a while to get a thumbs up from the testers.  And before anybody asks, we're getting the Engine 4 patches ready.

1 hour ago, Mord said:

BTW, mods won't work in the demo (tried to change the explosion, fire, red cross and some sounds) and there is no 3D view for the map editor. You can plop down tiles but you can't look at them in game.

Some Mods might work "as is", some might work with a name change, but a whole bunch won't work without a total overhaul.  Soldier and vehicle models are pretty much all in the latter category.  Oh, and of course there are no normal maps in the old CMSF1 so those will have to be made to get the full quality effect in CMSF2.

Steve

7 hours ago, MarkEzra said:

It's a beautiful thing to behold!

100% on board with this Mark... Looks Great🌟

7 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Oh, and for those who are curious... formal announcements and links will go up in a day or so, as per our usual process.

Steve

🔆:)🔆 Fall is a great time of year soon to be made better 👏

4 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

I am guessing (intel integrated video card) with the new install of the demo, your onboard Intel graphics card is now running the game.  If Nvidia, use the control panel and make a profile for the demo.

Don't have a Windows machine at hand to test right now but I suspect Blazing 88s has this correct.

Have installed the CMSF 2 Mac Demo on machine that run macOSMojave v10.14, macOSHigh Sierra v10.13.6, back to ElCap v10.11.6 and CMSF 2 Mac Demo runs without problem. CMSF 2 Mac Demo plays and looks great on them all. 

8 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Might be kinda fun to go back and play the CMSF1 Demo after to get a reminder of how much has changed over the years.

Looks Fantastic comparing to the original CMSF 1 👍 Excellent to get all the New Modern features in a Classic Battlefront game. Wow!

With so much material developed for the orginal CMSF1 I am certian when the new and vastly improved, CMSF 2 full game launches it will keep Combat Mission players entertained for a long time. Looking forward to fighting the huge number of Golden scenarios campaigns in the vastly improved CMSF2👍 .... A great addition for Morden Warfare gaming. 

BTW: If you have not tried free demo of Combat Mission Black Sea... grab it as well and have fun. Tactical warfare at battalion and below scale in a true 3D environment has never been so much fun.... but now... with  CMSF2 "version 2.00" on the way... Jeeeezzzz Can't wait to hook these games up the the 55" OLED TV & Audio system to "Get Some:D" X 🚀 🚀 :D

1 hour ago, Mord said:

Thanks! Very cool. I wasn't expecting it. Actually when I first saw the thread I thought it was somebody being a jerk and pulling a prank.

Mord.

Thanks Mord... With the CMSF 2 full game launch I predict a flood of new modding will get underway... so much to look forward to. 

Thank You Battlefront👏👏👏

Buzz