Final Blitzkrieg release update

Good lord folks.  How long after CM1 did we wait for CMBN?  I had two kids, 1 house. 1 condo, 5 cars, and 3 jobs while waiting for CMBN and they still did not include my favorite part (operations).  They will release it when it is ready and we will be happy with that.  It is not like there isn't 1000 hours of content you probably have not played with another release.  Go play a campaign.  I am 15 hours in to the first scenario of the main CM RT campaign and I have 50 minutes of game play to go and still need to touch the final 2 lines.  It can wait (at least until the next east coast major snow storm).

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord folks.  How long after CM1 did we wait for CMBN?  I had two kids, 1 house. 1 condo, 5 cars, and 3 jobs while waiting for CMBN and they still did not include my favorite part (operations).  They will release it when it is ready and we will be happy with that.  It is not like there isn't 1000 hours of content you probably have not played with another release.  Go play a campaign.  I am 15 hours in to the first scenario of the main CM RT campaign and I have 50 minutes of game play to go and still need to touch the final 2 lines.  It can wait (at least until the next east coast major snow storm).

People are just excited myself included 

I agree I hope they at least have the battle pack ready.. I remember when CMBS released they were shooting for a summer release of CMFB.. I feel like I have been waiting on this game forever 

Well, of course beggars can't be chosers, but like you say, this game has been in the pipeline for such a long time, that it shouldn't wonder anyone that patience is running out. Yes, yes, I know we can do other things with our time in the mean time and it is ready when it is ready and all that. But enough is enough.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Well just for completeness sake...there was a little game called CMSF (with a core game and three large modules) plus CMA between CM1 and CMBN.  And that was the development of an entirely new game engine.

I think some people look at it as more the expectations that have been set about a couple games a year and multiple modules.  The pace has continued to slow with new releases, but some people still look back on the initial hype around the new engine increasing the pace of releases.

Oh dont even joke about that! lol I just want it to come out already so i can stop checking the website.. ChrisND said it was only a matter of weeks and that was like a month ago at this rate you could be right michael

Yes I'm getting scarily obsessive about this. 

Ok now is the time for a soliloquy. Who for? Well for me, that’s why it’s a soliloquy.

Me: It is now past mid February. By this time in 1945 the Battle of the Bulge was over and allies were

Preparing to cross the Rhine,

Myself: So?? What’s your point? Me: Well I was kinda hoping to get CMFB in December or early January

to coincide with the historical time of year the battle was fought.

Myself:  Well get over it. Can’t you just pretend it’s that time of year? Why does it have to coincide with the time of year anyway?

Me: I don’t know. It kind of helps with the immersion somehow.

Myself: Why don’t you immerse your head in some water or something?

Me: Meet me outside. We will settle this.  Be ready for a knuckle sandwich.

Myself: Ooooh I am so scared.

Me: Just get on out here and we’ll see who’s scared. And don’t bring your friends. Oh that’s right , you don’t have any friends.

Edited by J Bennett
had to re paste

Ok now is the time for a soliloquy. Who for? Well for me, that’s why it’s a soliloquy.

Me: It is now past mid February. By this time in 1945 the Battle of the Bulge was over and allies were

Myself: So?? What’s your point? Me: Well I was kinda hoping to get CMFB in December or early January

Myself:  Well get over it. Can’t you just pretend it’s that time of year? Why does it have to coincide with the time of year anyway?

Me: Just get on out here and we’ll see who’s scared. And don’t bring your friends. Oh that’s right , you don’t have any friends.

Ain't it terrible what this delay does to people? :)

Forget about BFC. Who won the fight?

OK, I SEE WE HAVE PLENTY HERE LETTING OUT THEIR CHILDISH SIDE.

No, its not fun to have to wait for something that has been known about for some time now. But the situation is what it is. I am sure BF did not plan on it being held up this long either.

But attitudes like this will just encourage them to not give any bones on forth coming products until they are sure it will be short term before release.

We will see how you like that.

[shakes head in mock sympathy]

Isn't it tragic when cousins marry?

[with a nod to Martin Mull. thanks Marty]

:D

Michael

Being a Gemini - I know exactly what this is about...

On the bright side, while the darned website is being wrestled with they aren't sitting on their hands game-wise. Fixes and improvements continue to sneak into the game. If the title had been released on schedule you wouldn't have got the 3-D flying texture model of the Sturmtiger rocket, or fog-corrected 'infinite plain' shading, or a separate ground conditions button in QB de-linked from weather conditions (that's BIG!). And a dozen smaller items, besides. The wait was unforeseen and unfortunate but there's some good coming out of it. The title keeps getting better and better.

Those odd channels with constant infomercials.....MikeyD!

You not only get the 3D flying Sturmtiger projectile but we are gonna throw in NOT one, not two, not three but yes folks a DOZEN new features.

The "random audience" bob their heads in agreement. (There's IanL and sburke in the front row!)

This IS awesome. I am getting a big sack of fake snow and try and get that winter groove on...I know this winter I will be having a BIG time fun with CMFB.