Final Blitzkrieg release update

I know what you mean. I already have my resignation letter prepared for the day that XCOM 2 releases.

(hopefully Steve doesn't read this)

but have you done the obligatory trashing of the as-yet-to-be-released product's lack of features on their own forum?  No?  What the heck are you waiting for?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'll be streaming Final Blitzkrieg every Sunday till we release.

Perhaps you can show us a blizzard and the Jagdpanzer IV series. O, and the Grille, would love to see that too. :) Did I ever mention I love that vehicle?

Edited by Aragorn2002

I know what you mean. I already have my resignation letter prepared for the day that XCOM 2 releases.

(hopefully Steve doesn't read this)

Oooh is that due soon ? :)

Steve can hardly complain - didn't he shamelessly take time off when Fallout 4 came out ? :ph34r:

Having lurked on these forums for over a year, marveling at the AARs and dreading that the reality of such of an in depth tactical game may completely overwhelm me, I've finally decided to give this series a crack  with  Final Blitzkrieg; is there a suggested retail price as yet?

Edited by littleGuy

Having lurked on these forums for over a year, marveling at the AARs and dreading that the reality of such of an in depth tactical game may completely overwhelm me, I've finally decided to give this series a crack  with  Final Blitzkrieg; is there a suggest retail price as yet?

Welcome to the club! Prepare to lose large chunks of any leisure time you may have ....

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying one of the demos (WW2 titles, rather than CMBS, if you're planning on CMFB ...). The demos aren't (AFAIK) at the very latest iteration of the game engine, but they will enable you to get used to the "mechanics" of the game, and explore some of the tactical nuances, before you launch into CMFB "for real".

Having lurked on these forums for over a year, marveling at the AARs and dreading that the reality of such of an in depth tactical game may completely overwhelm me, I've finally decided to give this series a crack  with  Final Blitzkrieg; is there a suggest retail price as yet?

I think Steve has confirmed that the price will be the same as previous CM titles $55.

I have to second Baneman's suggestion. The Red Thunder demo is definitely the one to try if you plan on getting a feel for Final Blitzkrieg before it's own demo becomes available. Not only does it use the v3 engine, but it also gives you the opportunity to learn how to use both Stugs and Panthers in it's two scenarios. 

Having lurked on these forums for over a year, marveling at the AARs and dreading that the reality of such of an in depth tactical game may completely overwhelm me, I've finally decided to give this series a crack  with

Nice first post there.  I agree with @Baneman and @Warts 'n' all that getting the CM Red Thunder demo will give you a head start on how the game mechanics work etc.

When I have trouble with web developers, I find that threatening them with real work motivates them wonderfully.

Too funny, Sarge.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be related to the "Sarge" in this thread, would you?

Thanks guys, downloaded the CMRT Demo last night (Aus time). Once I nut out the performance issue I'll give it a crack (my PC is well above the recommended specs, so it's a case of trying some of the suggestions in the NVIDIA thread).