Final Blitzkrieg release update

OK, I SEE WE HAVE PLENTY HERE LETTING OUT THEIR CHILDISH SIDE.

No, its not fun to have to wait for something that has been known about for some time now. But the situation is what it is. I am sure BF did not plan on it being held up this long either.

But attitudes like this will just encourage them to not give any bones on forth coming products until they are sure it will be short term before release.

We will see how you like that.

Are you kidding?

This level of begging and misery is pretty much the highest form of flattery for a niche war game!

:D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those odd channels with constant infomercials.....MikeyD!

You not only get the 3D flying Sturmtiger projectile but we are gonna throw in NOT one, not two, not three but yes folks a DOZEN new features.

The "random audience" bob their heads in agreement. (There's IanL and sburke in the front row!)

This IS awesome. I am getting a big sack of fake snow and try and get that winter groove on...I know this winter I will be having a BIG time fun with CMFB. 

wait are you calling Ian and I random?

The fact that BF is taking its time to get CMFB "right" is a decision that we should be applauding.  "You only have one chance to make a good first impression."

BF has committed itself to making the best possible product and to not release a buggy product (I'm looking at you, Microsoft) or be a slave to some abstract date forced on them by distributers the way that CMSF was released.  For a small co like BF, one bad product and customer confidence could be lost.  They have to be "right" every time.  And quite correctly imo they are making sure that we will all be happy when CMFB is released.

Am quite happy to wait for an xnt product until hell freezes over and pigs fly (ie Spring).

The fact that BF is taking its time to get CMFB "right" is a decision that we should be applauding.  "You only have one chance to make a good first impression."

BF has committed itself to making the best possible product and to not release a buggy product (I'm looking at you, Microsoft) or be a slave to some abstract date forced on them by distributers the way that CMSF was released.  For a small co like BF, one bad product and customer confidence could be lost.  They have to be "right" every time.  And quite correctly imo they are making sure that we will all be happy when CMFB is released.

Am quite happy to wait for an xnt product until hell freezes over and pigs fly (ie Spring).

Plus 1 from me ... sound sense!

Also, from what Steve et al have said, it's not so much CMFB, nor the Battle Pack, that is / are holding things up, as much as getting the new store front right. On the assumption that BF will be transferring over to the new store all of our existing purchase / download etc records, so that we can continue to access them in the new store, to release CMFB and the BP under the old store arrangements is simply making more work then immediately to have to transfer over those new transactions etc to the new store as well.

If it were my decision, I'd wait.

Plus,as a player I've not even scratched the surface of at least 50% of the content I already have ... :)

"Plus,as a player I've not even scratched the surface of at least 50% of the content I already have ... :)"

I bet it's less than 10% for most of us.  I doubt that I have completed all the campaigns for a single CM title, let alone all of the scenarios. 

Having said that, the campaigns are the only way to play that shows off all the impressive features of CM Campaign System re ammo resupply, replacements, conservation of force and materiel etc.  It's what makes playing CM "real" vs the "fight to the last man cos there is no future" that so many scenarios (and unfortunately many of the newer campaigns) end up as. 

My hope is that BF will put more focus on better-made and more "sophisticated" campaigns that demonstrate all the campaign feature possibilities - even if one has to pay extra for campaign modules.

Its not like they are making something entirely new they are making another later war World War II title with many of the same vehicles and weapons from CMBN so there isnt much room for error. If they were making an early war title I would agree, but honestly it looks like alot of things are just copied from other CM titles   

To borrow from Nancy Pelosi : "They have to release it so we can find out what's in it"  Umm that was an "Affordable Care Act" reference

meant as kind of an analogy to release of CMFB. :mellow:   I can assure everyone that the latter was far better researched and read than the former.

To borrow from Nancy Pelosi : "They have to release it so we can find out what's in it"  Umm that was an "Affordable Care Act" reference

meant as kind of an analogy to release of CMFB. :mellow:   I can assure everyone that the latter was far better researched and read than the former.

Well, to go off topic (and it's not like we have a FB release or anything to keep us on topic), Obama Care is not poorly researched, the people behind it knows exactly what they are doing. They want socialized, government controlled health care, but they know the American people would never accept that. So, they launch the catastrophe of the "Affordable Care Act", knowing that it will never work as intended. Their goal is, once this system has failed, to blame the failure on "greedy private health care providers", and then put everything under direct government control.

Yes I agree with you 100 percent. But when I thought of that Pelosi remark it made me smile and try to use it in a CMFB context.

This being an election year with so much at stake, esp after the passing of  SCOTUS justice Scalia, the temptation to talk politics is great.

I better quit before I get in trouble though.

The mind boggles at the fact that Barry gets vilified for trying to create a decent health service. When I was born, we had the best health care in the world here in Limeyland. Sadly, it has gotten steadily worse since a certain someone said "There is no such thing as society". 

Still no FB? Because of the webshop? Really? That shop redesign must set new standards among cyber companies, if it takes longer to build than an Amazon. :D;)

The good thing is, as long as the boss is engaging in personal political discussions only, their business seems to be running extremely well and pressing forward seems no necessity.

I personally beg to differ, because FB is a winter-wargame. To me as layman the release during spring and summer seems not the best idea. Not for releasing a game and even less for a winter game. But maybe being in a niche without any real competition has it's own laws.

Edited by CarlWAW

Still no FB? Because of the webshop? Really? That shop redesign must set new standards among cyber companies, if it takes longer to build than an Amazon. :D;)

The good thing is, as long as the boss is engaging in personal political discussions only, their business seems to be running extremely well and pressing forward seems no necessity.

I personally beg to differ, because FB is a winter-wargame. To me as layman the release during spring and summer seems not the best idea. Not for releasing a game and even less for a winter game. But maybe being in a niche without any real competition has it's own laws.

Yes!  That is kind of what I was hinting at in my soliloquy!    Anyway, how many spotting rounds before we get to place an FFE counter ?

Yes!  That is kind of what I was hinting at in my soliloquy!  

You're an optimist, aren't you? If one among the highest judges is found dead with a pillow on his face and prosecutors immediately say there is nothing to see here, move on - and all media remain silent, you believe elections can change course? :D

Edited by CarlWAW

To use a birth analogy;

Steve's baby is overdue. Steve has varicose veins and chronic backache from the long difficult pregnancy. Steve truly, wildly, ffing wants that baby out but baby ain't ready yet. Poor Steve.

We are Steve's long suffering husband :)