The Vehicle Pack is out!

All,

My sincere apologies for my poorly worded comments of yesterday. I believe they were in this thread, but I don't even want to read back and look. I hope Steve removes them. Snowed in yesterday and made the always bad choice of getting on forums when I've been in my cups. Again, I apologize.

tbh I don't even find it that offensive after feeling the atmo in the whole thread. Nothing one haven't heard of in some bars even.

But sure like it that BF upholds the forum in quality standards:o Something of a rarity on the interwebs these days I reckon.

All,

My sincere apologies for my poorly worded comments of yesterday. I believe they were in this thread, but I don't even want to read back and look. I hope Steve removes them. Snowed in yesterday and made the always bad choice of getting on forums when I've been in my cups. Again, I apologize.

I know you mate, I'm also from BoB members. I hope you remember me too.

It's not a big problem. BTW, I'm ready to kick your ass anytime, if you're ready a match :-)

Regards

CM BN: 55$

CM CF: 35$

CM MG: 35$

CM 3.0: 10$

CM VP: 20$

See passionate fans of various elements of geek culture but who lets his passion override social graces: priceless!

Are you willing to spend money for eveything BF will release?

Fine and I totally respect this decision.

But please stop to offend/attack/call whiner who think the opposite especially if this person explain his decision in a polite way.

We are speaking about a game not your family/religion or whatever you think is really important :(

See passionate fans of various elements of geek culture but who lets his passion override social graces: priceless!

But please stop to offend/attack/call whiner who think the opposite especially if this person explain his decision in a polite way.

We are speaking about a game not your family/religion or whatever you think is really important :(

Watch your tongue blasphemer!! Religion, pah! Politics psshaw!!! CM IS all that matters!

Someone smite this foul demon with the Holy Hand Grenade or some such item!

For what it is worth I am afraid to say how much I spent on ASL over the years and CM far surpasses that in my ability to actually find gaming partners and my sheer enjoyment. It is hard to get into map editing when all it consists of is thinking of different ways to match up geomorphic 2 dimensional maps. :P So is it worth all you listed? - for me absolutely, it is a steal at that price.

Note the MMP board game pair that depicts JUST Market Garden retails for $350.

I'll buy the pack as soon as I get back off holiday :)

Oh, here you go.. good old Winston.

Yes madam, I am in my cups, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

(Based on the Winston Churchill quote)

My father used to tell a joke

A drunken man walks up to a woman with a stroller, looks at the baby and says "sheesh woman, dat ish one ugly baby".

The woman replies, "sir you are drunk!"

He replies, "maybe so, but tomorrow I'll be sober and that baby will still be ugly".

Well, when we have to listen to it from the same people EVERY time something gets released, over multiple threads, after it has already been explained forty times in the past that life and labor isn't free, then it is whining. Nobody cares if they don't buy it...what we care about is all the negativity and constant bitching because they can't get something for nothing. Don't like it, don't buy it...doesn't get any simpler than that. But they do want it and just don't want to pay for it.

I want BFC to produce lots more stuff for all the various families, as much as they can and a bunch of guys complaining about it with every release is a disincentive to that happening. Discouragement and negativity doesn't help get things made. But if it were up to some of the guys on here CMBN would've been left at 1.01 (without any of the newer features) just so they could save 10 bucks. We finally got the holy grail of wargaming and and all a vocal minority can do is complain about every cool thing that comes out. I for one am sick of it and don't have the patience to wade through it anymore. So, if I hurt a couple guys feelings, tough. I want to see more titles/modules/packs not less and I am willing to pay for it. People that get in the way of that happening piss me off.

Mord.

I didn't know that people still said things like "been in my cups". What a lovely old phrase.

In this instance, 'sloshed' works equally well. It's amazing actually how many words and phrases exist in the English language to describe that state. I bet that if we put our collective heads together we could come up with at least a dozen.

Michael

You forgot the 2.0 for 10$. Regardless, you have to view the continued purchase of content in the same way as if you where buying several different games but with no other content than the first release. One game for 150 or so $ seems steep but five games for the same price is not that bad. This is the equivilant of those five other games.

Its all about personal taste and what you want to do with your money.

Well, when we have to listen to it from the same people EVERY time something gets released, over multiple threads, after it has already been explained forty times in the past that life and labor isn't free, then it is whining. Nobody cares if they don't buy it...what we care about is all the negativity and constant bitching because they can't get something for nothing. Don't like it, don't buy it...doesn't get any simpler than that. But they do want it and just don't want to pay for it.

I want BFC to produce lots more stuff for all the various families, as much as they can and a bunch of guys complaining about it with every release is a disincentive to that happening. Discouragement and negativity doesn't help get things made. But if it were up to some of the guys on here CMBN would've been left at 1.01 (without any of the newer features) just so they could save 10 bucks. We finally got the holy grail of wargaming and and all a vocal minority can do is complain about every cool thing that comes out. I for one am sick of it and don't have the patience to wade through it anymore. So, if I hurt a couple guys feelings, tough. I want to see more titles/modules/packs not less and I am willing to pay for it. People that get in the way of that happening piss me off.

Mord.

Well said. I want more content and am willing to pay for it. If you aren't well that's cool, but don't create a situation that potentially results in those of us that do want it to be deprived of it. $165 for CMBN 3.10 with all the modules and pack? Priceless.

Mord.

Again, couldn't agree more.

If these relatively small amounts of money are so vastly important to the nay-sayers perhaps we should feel sorry for them and offer them our sympathy. Nothing else seems to shut them up.

My favorite whiner types are the ones who are willing to explain in lengthy detail why BFC is following the wrong business model. "Computer simulation design: You're doing it all wrong!" I had thought Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory was into model trains, not wargaming.

Not all of us who are sick of the whiners buy everything BF releases. If I don't reach a certain threshold level of motivation to play a title, I don't buy it. I still don't own CMSF or CMFI. However, I'm not on those forums every time an expansion is added, bitching and moaning about the prices in the hopes that BF will give me something for nothing.

I actually understand that those products have value independent of my subjective desires and that they cost just as much money to make, no matter what my individual interest in the content is.

And when I look at your list of software products, I see that each one is ADDING value in the form of entertainment hours well beyond its cost compared to...well...just about anything else on the planet I can think of. Your list actually makes me think "What a great deal!"

You are still operating from a rather bizarre assumption that that these software products should essentially be free, or pretty darn close, and that every dollar charged beyond that is some kind of burden that is being imposed on you arbitrarily.

And that is just silly.

It is a fundamentally childish viewpoint. You can dress it up as much as you want in as much "politeness" as you want, but it is still just that. And, when repeated over, and over, and over again, after getting adult answers as to why it is a flawed viewpoint, it looks ever more childish and frankly, worthy of scorn.

Forum users should stay within the boundaries of civil discourse when expressing that scorn, but don't expect the adults in the room to listen to the kids ranting on and forever without eventually taking them to task for it.

BFC's one experience with a 'loss leader', from what I can tell, was when the CMSF disks from their initial retail partner started showing up in mall store discount bins for chump change. Ouch. Maybe it pulled in additional purchasers for BFC's later modules but still that must've been painful.

One of those $5 mall copies is why I started playing CM. In the end it netted BFC:

$170 total I think. With $60 of that being CM:SF modules.

Note the MMP board game pair that depicts JUST Market Garden retails for $350.

I still can't figure out why mentioning how expensive board games and model tanks are is supposed to make CM seem less expensive to people who think it is. They are board games... and model tanks....