The Vehicle Pack is out!

Well, following the above argument satisfied customers could easily not involve in such threads. That's not a real solution though.

Don't need to get so angry/sad/buffled when something is stated that does not vibrate with your philosophy (meant for all parties involved) makes a long way towards more civil forums.

Well then fine...

Let's compare digital products to digital products.

Here's a pack of 6 ship skins for 1 ship in Elite Dangerous... it's 12.50£

And here's the Elite Dangerous game. it's 40£ and it will include hundreds of ships that you can travel through the entire milky way with over 100 billion star systems, each with their own planets and stations. Each with their own sort of government and tons of resources.

Now... that's only for 40£

That's a ton more content than what's in a CM game.

So should they start giving the games away for free?

Or should we just realize that a pack with 27 units takes time and effort to make and that time and effort must be paid somehow, and 20 bucks is not alot of money.

And don't talk to me about the value of money.

Have you ever been starving?

I have.

Have you ever lived without any income?

I have.

I know the value of money.

And 20 bucks is not alot of money.

Hell, I could make that much money if I just went out and started begging in the streets.

probably would not have noticed, but I compares the latest pack for BF products (eg. the Gustav Line) I do not use absurd comparisons to the pizza, or the iPhone app "I'm rich" for $ 1,000, which does nothing. (of course you have to find some ridiculous comparison)

I do not use emotional arguments and ad absurdum, for me it is a simple relation of price and content - which is why I repeat again - in relation to the product BF, the price is too high in relation to content, or vice versa.

I spent $ 150 on the game, I really can not imagine spending another 20 bucks just for new models of vehicles whose use in the game is very limited.

Well I will be buying it, too many good vehicles to miss out on. 20 bucks is naff all, relatively speaking in today's world. My only gripe is why was the wasp missed out? Thought they saw duty in Normandy? And also why create fictional units like concrete emplaced allied AT guns?

But well done BFC on continuing to support CMBN :)

"If you don't think there is enough value in the pack, don't buy it" - you do not need anyone to explain it, it sounds like the words of Marie Antoinette - S'ils n'ont pas de pain, qu'ils mangent de la brioche! - Let them eat cake! This is not an argument in the discussion.

So, you prove that you don't understand either language, even if you can transliterate the words.

Buncha slack jawed faggots in this thread, complaining about $20, when they should start playing some PBEMs, instead of being girly-men and sissyfying the whole forum with their whiney assed bull****.

Meet me on WeBoB if you want me to STFU.

Regardless of what I think of price complaints that tone is likely to get you banned off the forum.

Regardless of what I think of price complaints that tone is likely to get you banned off the forum.

True, but I can understand Doug's frustration level with this BS thread going on 25 pages!

And Doug, you know you can save your games in the Command Phase (before you install the Pack), and your pbem/saved games will work fine after the new install, right? (Not that it isn't still annoying, since I always forget to do that in my excitement to install the latest and greatest thing from BFC!)

I may understand the frustration, but I won't condone the behavior. As one of the people who feels the same frustration, I think it is incumbent to set a distinction. Whatever else I think, Togi nor anyone else deserves that and the language itself is offensive. We have another thread open on the issue of involvement in the game and making folks feel welcome. This is exactly not that.

I may understand the frustration, but I won't condone the behavior. As one of the people who feels the same frustration, I think it is incumbent to set a distinction. Whatever else I think, Togi nor anyone else deserves that and the language itself is offensive. We have another thread open on the issue of involvement in the game and making folks feel welcome. This is exactly not that.

No argument from me.

Read this whole thread and it is amazing how this happens at every release. To me it is very simple, if you enjoy the game, can afford it and want the company to continue putting out content while still making money (the philosophy of how they do it is up to them, after all it is their company) then do so. If you can't afford it or don't think it is a fair deal, then don't.

Don't get yourself banned, Doug. I've had to take a break from responding to these threads myself because my frustration level has hit a similar level to yours.

It's funny, nazi sympathizers don't bother me. In fact, I quite enjoy reading response posts by some of the amazing brains on this forum, with their vast arsenals of knowledge, putting the little would-be fascists in their place.

However, I've grown exceedingly weary of what I'm now calling "The Brat Patrol." Guys who can't understand the basics of business, economics, the business-customer relationship, and software development realities. For those guys, I'm starting to make use of my Ignore list.

I don't put them on it right away. Only after their complaints have received what should be acceptable answers to anyone with an adult level of maturity and awareness of the world, and only after they have continued to whine on and on and on, despite getting those answers.

I'll repeat this until the end of time, I guess, but here goes again. We have two options:

1. Make a product and sell it at a price that will assure us of covering our costs and risks

2. Do not make the product

There is no third option to make a product and sell it at a loss. That's how companies go out of business.

Here's the funny thing. The people saying that we should charge less for our products might as well encourage us to not make them in the first place. Because in the end, producing things that make us go out of business is the same as not making them at all.

Oh, and it's not lost upon me that the same couple of posters complain over and over and over and over and over again about pricing. And I'm sure if we slashed the prices by 75% the same people would still be complaining.

Steve

As for Doug's post, it crossed the line. I keep context and past history in mind when I decide if I should flip the ban switch on someone. With that in mind, and Doug's long trouble free posting history, I'm not going to ban him for the post. However, Doug does have a PM from me in his inbox that he otherwise would not have.

Steve

Please stop wasting your time responding to this nonsense. You have already explained and supported with facts your successful business model and I am sure most of us do not care about Doug's tirade and if it will get him banned. You are wasting your time responding to these posts when you could be giving us more important information such as what "fixes" are in the Pack??? Do not mean to come off like a $%ck but I hate to see the limited time you have on these forums spent on these same old stories.

As for Doug's post, it crossed the line. I keep context and past history in mind when I decide if I should flip the ban switch on someone. With that in mind, and Doug's long trouble free posting history, I'm not going to ban him for the post. However, Doug does have a PM from me in his inbox that he otherwise would not have.

Steve

For what it is worth, Doug I believe meant to be funny quoting the movie, but it just doesn't really come off well.

There is no third option to make a product and sell it at a loss. That's how companies go out of business.

Welllllll...just for the sake of argument and speaking theoretically...there is a way that that might work...sometimes. And that is, a company might put one item on the market at a price that it knows will lose money, but with the anticipation that doing so will attract enough attention to the company so that other products which it markets will be profitable enough to cover the losses of the first product.

What does this have to do with with BFC? I don't know, probably not the slightest thing. If this was a promising option for BFC I'm sure they would have figured it out all on their own. But this has become a palaver thread (as most do sooner or later) so...

Michael

BFC's one experience with a 'loss leader', from what I can tell, was when the CMSF disks from their initial retail partner started showing up in mall store discount bins for chump change. Ouch. Maybe it pulled in additional purchasers for BFC's later modules but still that must've been painful.

Welllllll...just for the sake of argument and speaking theoretically...there is a way that that might work...sometimes. And that is, a company might put one item on the market at a price that it knows will lose money, but with the anticipation that doing so will attract enough attention to the company so that other products which it markets will be profitable enough to cover the losses of the first product.

What does this have to do with with BFC? I don't know, probably not the slightest thing. If this was a promising option for BFC I'm sure they would have figured it out all on their own. But this has become a palaver thread (as most do sooner or later) so...

Michael

Well that only works if you have spare capital.

BFC isn't exactly swimming in money here and they need to pay their employees.

The problem with that approach is that suddenly scenario makers have to pick and choose from all the packs and if you don't happen to have the "sherman firefly" pack (or whatever pack) then you can't play alot of the scenarios.

Keeping the modules down to a minimum removes that problem.

Good point. But it would be nice if they would make at least the maps fully compatible within the CMx2 games, so that they can be loaded in the editor without hex editing