The Vehicle Pack is out!

One of those $5 mall copies is why I started playing CM. In the end it netted BFC:

$170 total I think. With $60 of that being CM:SF modules.

I still can't figure out why mentioning how expensive board games and model tanks are is supposed to make CM seem less expensive to people who think it is. They are board games... and model tanks....

Well for christ's sake we aren't the ones who tried to come up with comparison's to start. We are fine with the price as is regardless of anything else. It seems you guys only like comparisons that aren't favorable to your point of view. I found the CMBO demo as a free disk and CMBN, CMFI and CMRT all have free demos..what the heck does that have to do with anything?

Well for christ's sake we aren't the ones who tried to come up with comparison's to start. We are fine with the price as is regardless of anything else. It seems you guys only like comparisons that aren't favorable to your point of view. I found the CMBO demo as a free disk and CMBN, CMFI and CMRT all have free demos..what the heck does that have to do with anything?

I'm not sure why you are going on about the free demos, but okay.

Why would you even make the comparison? "appreciate this product because model tanks are expensive!" why on earth am I buying model tanks, and why am I comparing that to CM?

I'm not sure why you are going on about the free demos, but okay.

Why would you even make the comparison? "appreciate this product because model tanks are expensive!" why on earth am I buying model tanks, and why am I comparing that to CM?

so why the heck is the $5 mall copy relevant and the free demo isn't? And I never said anything about models.

BFC's one experience with a 'loss leader', from what I can tell, was when the CMSF disks from their initial retail partner started showing up in mall store discount bins for chump change. Ouch. Maybe it pulled in additional purchasers for BFC's later modules but still that must've been painful.

Apparently memories don't go farther back than a page.

Hey, guys.

On a positive note...

I got permission from umlaut to use a section of his superb Ciembienne master map to make a quickie scenario using some goodies from the new Vehicle Pack, like the French conversion AFVs. It's called Char & Char Alike.

It's a small Axis probe with regular German infantry backed up by the French funnies trying to take a Rail Center back from some stubborn US paras on D-Day.

I want to get it out as soon as I can, so don't expect a masterpiece (umlaut's Ciembienne map is one, though!).

It will play as Axis vs. AI or H2H (point-balanced as small Axis probe). I'll leave off on US vs. AI, as it would just be a turkey shoot.

Here's the map (Axis starts in the bottom right corner):

15078859394_0db528f747_o.jpg

BFC's one experience with a 'loss leader', from what I can tell, was when the CMSF disks from their initial retail partner started showing up in mall store discount bins for chump change. Ouch. Maybe it pulled in additional purchasers for BFC's later modules but still that must've been painful.

I must admit I am surprised if BFC did not end up making more in the long run (even if it did go against their business model). I was put off by the inital demo of CMSF, when is was at the discount price a couple of years later i thought i would give it another go. So glad i did, all the patches had improved the game and i ended up buying all the modules!!

Even assuming i would have bought the full price game from them (which i doubt i would have) what BFC lost in the base game profit it must still have been a net gain for them from the follow up sales!

I still can't figure out why mentioning how expensive board games and model tanks are is supposed to make CM seem less expensive to people who think it is. They are board games... and model tanks....

At the risk of irking you, I would point out that it's freaking 2014 ( nearly 2015 ). $10 or $20 IS chump change.

I don't know how expensive it is in the US, but here a movie ticket is £8 or £9.30 (after 5pm).

That's for roughly 2 hours of entertainment. ( $12.80 / $14.88 at today's exchange rate ).

So on an hours-entertainment-per-dollar scale, all the various pieces of CM are value for money.

Hey, guys.

On a positive note...

I got permission from umlaut to use a section of his superb Ciembienne master map to make a quickie scenario using some goodies from the new Vehicle Pack, like the French conversion AFVs. It's called Char & Char Alike.

It's a small Axis probe with regular German infantry backed up by the French funnies trying to take a Rail Center back from some stubborn US paras on D-Day.

I want to get it out as soon as I can, so don't expect a masterpiece (umlaut's Ciembienne map is one, though!).

It will play as Axis vs. AI or H2H (point-balanced as small Axis probe). I'll leave off on US vs. AI, as it would just be a turkey shoot.

Here's the map (Axis starts in the bottom right corner):

15078859394_0db528f747_o.jpg

Yeeeey Macisle!!!! One eager customer awaiting your merchandise here. :-o

Yeeeey Macisle!!!! One eager customer awaiting your merchandise here. :-o

Thanks, Hister!

I can't say enough good things about umlaut's map. There should be lots of opportunities for serious flamethrower action on this little slice of beauty. The center gardens and Rail Center are like...Toaster Magnet City! Not to mention the buildings at the bottom center-left of the image, providing defense terrain for the bridge there.

The nature of the map also allows me to set up a die-in-place AI defense (already finished). That should speed things up quite a bit. I hope to get it out this week.

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you as soon as it's ready for a first-play. It won't be tested, but like I said, it is point-balanced under the QB system.

Funny...

For some people VP is too expensive, but they will gladly pay 10 or 20 bucks for new scenarios.

Making scenario (I assume) is very time consuming and when people open the editor they realize how much work has to be done.... so there is no problem paying for scenarios...

Making your own vehicle is not possible, so I don't have any clue how much time it takes ...

It must be cheap, it must be free?

Expecting to have those vehicles (not included in the game) for 5$ or maybe for free is somehow

unreal vs. paying 10-20$ for scenarios. (Editor is included in the game and QB generator)

On the other hand 100 presets for synth (depends which one) costs aprox. 20$... they were not included when you buy this synth, no new features on synth, just because someone else tweaks knobs instead of you ..... or should be free?

Given that we already have a Mod Forum and a Tech Support Forum' date=' why not set up a Whingers Forum, then they can F%*K Off there to moan to their heart's content, and leave those of us who actually think that BF do good job in peace.[/quote']

In general I am staying out of this stuff now but this was just too good to pass up. *This* is exactly what we should do - call it Whinebanning. And it would work just like Hellbanning except we could perhaps have it be non permanent. Anyone whinebanned would be invisible for n months after their offense and again automatically after each release comes out. :D

And, although kinda funny, I'm *not* joking.

For what it is worth I am afraid to say how much I spent on ASL over the years and CM far surpasses that in my ability to actually find gaming partners and my sheer enjoyment. It is hard to get into map editing when all it consists of is thinking of different ways to match up geomorphic 2 dimensional maps. :P So is it worth all you listed? - for me absolutely, it is a steal at that price.

Note the MMP board game pair that depicts JUST Market Garden retails for $350.

I know it, I'm an ASL player as well. ABTF is so expensive because is an OOP product with the rare SS black counters, another market.

You are still operating from a rather bizarre assumption that that these software products should essentially be free, or pretty darn close, and that every dollar charged beyond that is some kind of burden that is being imposed on you arbitrarily.

And that is just silly..

No, sorry this is what you want to read from my post but it is not what I wrote.

It is a fundamentally childish viewpoint. You can dress it up as much as you want in as much "politeness" as you want, but it is still just that. And, when repeated over, and over, and over again, after getting adult answers as to why it is a flawed viewpoint, it looks ever more childish and frankly, worthy of scorn.

Forum users should stay within the boundaries of civil discourse when expressing that scorn, but don't expect the adults in the room to listen to the kids ranting on and forever without eventually taking them to task for it.

I'm a rather new member and I don't know the past, and to be honest I don't care because if you think all user that say something against this game are children, oh well we don't have nothing to discuss.

Can I freely give a negative feedback about comunication given that we still don't know yet which kind of bug fixes have been implemented or am I a whiner anyway?

Making scenario (I assume) is very time consuming and...

Wait wait! Making scenarios is only as time consuming or as difficult or as complex as YOU make it. I could go into the editor and twenty minutes later have a brand new scenario in my scenarios folder. Admittedly not a very inspiring scenario but still a playable scenario that's just as likely to be 'fun' as the most gruelingly worked on epic scenarios.

If you want to start making scenarios let me suggest you try starting minimalist - see how LITTLE you'd need to do and still get a playable scenario out of it. Then you can start expanding just for the fun of it. :)

...if you think all user that say something against this game are children, oh well we don't have nothing to discuss.

There is some misunderstanding and miscommunication going on here. I really doubt that anyone would normally be taken to task for raising a question on a matter to do with the game that concerns them, or offers a criticism of something that doesn't seem to work right, or a suggestion for something that might make the game better. It's when they keep harping away about something that has already been patiently explained to them and behave like a three year old brat who won't stop screaming at his father to stop the car and buy him an ice cream, that they get treated like naughty children.

Can I freely give a negative feedback about comunication given that we still don't know yet which kind of bug fixes have been implemented or am I a whiner anyway?

Ask away, but recognize when you have been given as good an answer as is available. Sometimes there just isn't an answer yet that is going to satisfy you and you just have to wait. It's only when posters continue to whine and behave badly that they become regarded as the spoiled brats that they are. If you want to be treated as an adult, then behave as one.

Michael

In general I am staying out of this stuff now but this was just too good to pass up. *This* is exactly what we should do - call it Whinebanning. And it would work just like Hellbanning except we could perhaps have it be non permanent. Anyone whinebanned would be invisible for n months after their offense and again automatically after each release comes out. :D

And, although kinda funny, I'm *not* joking.

Why not call it for what you really want it to be... criticbanning. Then none of us are in any doubt exactly what you want.

Regards

KR