The Vehicle Pack is out!

Sure, and you could pirate it for free, but that doesn't mean you're right.

It's not worth the money for you. Fine.

Don't buy it.

But don't come complaining about the price because the price isn't unexpected and certainly isn't unreasonable considering the effort put into it (almost every unit is a 100% new model and there's even a new mechanic involved)

Let's see here...

Update to 3.0 with no new units = 10$

Vehicles patch with 20+ new units = 20$

Module with maby 30+ new units and some scenarios = 35$

Base game = 55$

Seems like a fair deal to me.

As for "a potential customer", well sure... but then there's my buddy who is also a "potential customer" if they ever decide to start selling the entire bundle for 5$...

Doesn't mean they should lower the price to that just to "get that one customer" that won't pay the full price.

And the CMRT patch has nothing to do with this discussion at all.

Sorry I'm not trying to be right.

Is it worth? Your call.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that there is a big difference in price between two products.

Everyone will do their observations.

And yes, I'd like to write my point of view, sorry if it is different.

I'm not writing a post against everyone who say this pack is beautiful and should be cost 40$, moreover, how you can easily understand, English is not my mother tongue and therefore something can be unclear.

I'm not neither a fanboy nor a detractor, just someone that is willing to give his opinion about a new product, and yes I'm not so happy how it come out (not only for the price).

Said that I'd like to post my feedback and not be accused by other forumiters to be a complainer, thanks.

BTW: you are right about CMRT patch, it was a thought in the wrong discussion.

I don't know why Chrome doesn't like this file but you don't need to download the pack again if you get the 'Malicious message from chrome', just rename the file back to a .zip and then open it up and run the .exe

That worked for me anyway :)

Gosh, if I knew that I wouldn't have downloaded it again. oh well, works now any way.

Sorry I'm not trying to be right.

Is it worth? Your call.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that there is a big difference in price between two products.

Everyone will do their observations.

And yes, I'd like to write my point of view, sorry if it is different.

I'm not writing a post against everyone who say this pack is beautiful and should be cost 40$, moreover, how you can easily understand, English is not my mother tongue and therefore something can be unclear.

I'm not neither a fanboy nor a detractor, just someone that is willing to give his opinion about a new product, and yes I'm not so happy how it come out (not only for the price).

Said that I'd like to post my feedback and not be accused by other forumiters to be a complainer, thanks.

BTW: you are right about CMRT patch, it was a thought in the wrong discussion.

The question as asked by someone earlier jokingly is I think actually true. Maybe the base game itself is under priced. BF is well aware of the amount of labor things take and they price accordingly to make their money back. I don't think they necessarily are 100% on about maximizing their profit. So yes the vehicle pack at $20 might just cover their costs based on expected volume of sale. On the other hand I think they probably could get away with charging another 10-15 for the base game and maybe 5 for their modules so from my view, I got a great deal on the base games and modules and a fair price on the pack. Just a slightly different perspective on what the price differential between packs, modules and base games might mean.

Well, let's just say I lived in a tiny tiny village with 4000 inhabitants, and 3 pizzerias...

And that's pretty much the picture in most of sweden. Every village has at least 1 pizzeria.

The village I live in now has 9000 inhabitants and 5 pizzerias, 1 chinese food, 1 thai food, 3 "burger joints" and 2 inns...

So yeah... pizza can be real cheap here :)

Can be expensive too though, but that's up to you if you want quality or quantity.

EDIT: and as an interesting sidenote, I could add that 1 of the pizzerias in Furulund (old village) burned down under mysterious circumstances and 1 pizzeria in Kävlinge (current village) burned down too.

Both opened by former chefs from the largest chain of pizzerias here (not really a chain, but owned by the same family and they switch owners every 2 years because it lets them get away with not paying taxes or something... and that same family is heavily involved in drugs in Malmö and my friend was even stabbed by one of them and is still after 10 years under death threat and can't go to Malmö)

Your friend wasn't sburke, was it? If so, the stabbing was probably caused by the way he questions those who make his food. Really.

Well, let's just say I lived in a tiny tiny village with 4000 inhabitants, and 3 pizzerias...

And that's pretty much the picture in most of sweden. Every village has at least 1 pizzeria.

The village I live in now has 9000 inhabitants and 5 pizzerias, 1 chinese food, 1 thai food, 3 "burger joints" and 2 inns...

So yeah... pizza can be real cheap here :)

Can be expensive too though, but that's up to you if you want quality or quantity.

EDIT: and as an interesting sidenote, I could add that 1 of the pizzerias in Furulund (old village) burned down under mysterious circumstances and 1 pizzeria in Kävlinge (current village) burned down too.

Both opened by former chefs from the largest chain of pizzerias here (not really a chain, but owned by the same family and they switch owners every 2 years because it lets them get away with not paying taxes or something... and that same family is heavily involved in drugs in Malmö and my friend was even stabbed by one of them and is still after 10 years under death threat and can't go to Malmö)

And we are told Sweden is such a nice civilised country with a working social model...

In Britain you aren't a real village until you have your Chinese Takeaway. In order as villages go up in size you get:

Church (usually sharing a priest with 3 or so others)

Pub (maybe - Chinese may come first!)

Chinese (serving Fish and chips if only takeaway in the village)

Fish and Chips

2nd Chinese

Indian restaurant and takeaway (strange that, you need to be a big town to have a Chinese restaurant, the first 3 or 4 Chinese will be takeaway only but the first Indian will be a restaurant that does takeaway)

A kebab joint

2nd Chippy (or maybe 2nd Indian)

Once you have about 3 Chinese, 2 Indians, a Kebab place and 2 Chippies, then you will get a Pizza place. About the same time you may get a burger joint but one of the others will do burgers (unless a McD within 5 miles!)

Never met anywhere with more pizza than Chinese!

My area has a Starbucks every one to two miles. Where do they fit in?

Lucky bastard. In downtown SF there are locations where they are literally every half block. I have no idea how that is sustainable. I used to pass 3 of them to walk to the Peet's coffee that was a block from my office

But how's the pizza?

In Britain you aren't a real village until you have your Chinese Takeaway. In order as villages go up in size you get:

Etc...

Really? In that order?

The one thing I "takeaway" from my time in the UK is that the only true religion is not to be found in any church but rather the pub.

I guess it's just a matter of priorities...Cheers!

Lucky bastard. In downtown SF there are locations where they are literally every half block. I have no idea how that is sustainable. I used to pass 3 of them to walk to the Peet's coffee that was a block from my office

In my town (population ~6,000-7,000) there is a Starbucks in the local Safeway. I am not aware of any others. However, there are probably something on the order of a dozen independent driveup kiosks that sell espresso and various other coffee concoctions. In the county as a whole there could easily be a hundred. Probably more espresso stops than gas stations; on the highway one every ten or fifteen miles on average.

Michael

BF is well aware of the amount of labor things take and they price accordingly to make their money back. I don't think they necessarily are 100% on about maximizing their profit.

That's the key point. As Steve explained—for those of you who missed it—they are not expecting to sell a lot of the vehicle packs compared to base games and modules, so in order to make their money back they have to charge a higher price per unit. Now, I hope they are wrong and the sales of the pack are brisk. That might encourage them to lower the price, which would make a lot of people happy. But I have to admit that I see their point and their logic is sound. Most likely it will be the hard core who will buy it and those constitute only a small minority of the total sales of the base game. So as I see it, the production of the pack is really something of a special favor for the hard core guys.

Michael

It just occured to me we didn't get the Brümbar. They were present in the theater. Yep there's definitely enough vehicles remaining for another vehicle pack. I hope this is a success.

Okay, after review I'm going to disagree with myself and say there really aren't many vehicles left for the CMBN time period that would excite people. Still I hope it's a success so we may get some sort of additinal Pack in the future.

Despite BF's announcement I really hope they rethink releasing vehicle packs without scenarios.

Better to have more packs with fewer vehicles per pack but include some scenarios that use the new units so people who prefer to play (rather than just drooling over pics and other people's AAR's) can immediately play.

All this arguing about the pack seems to be happening in a vacuum. Has anyone here actually played the game using the new vehicles yet? How can you have an opinion if you haven't played the game with the new vehicles yet? I just did a QB using Hotchkiss chassis SP guns in bocage country to fight off a US advance and had great fun doing it. :)

I think MikeyD has a point....

What do you do for a living then Oddball if I may ask? Burning down pizzerias for the competition? ;)

Oh I wish! I'd be walking around with rolled up wads of cash like those guys do if that was the case :)

No, I work at a school as a substitute. Mostly with the pre-school kids ages 5-6 but also at the after-school type institutions but not as a teacher since I'm not a trained teacher.

And we are told Sweden is such a nice civilised country with a working social model...

Fish and Chips

2nd Chinese

Indian restaurant and takeaway (strange that, you need to be a big town to have a Chinese restaurant, the first 3 or 4 Chinese will be takeaway only but the first Indian will be a restaurant that does takeaway)

A kebab joint

2nd Chippy (or maybe 2nd Indian)

Once you have about 3 Chinese, 2 Indians, a Kebab place and 2 Chippies, then you will get a Pizza place. About the same time you may get a burger joint but one of the others will do burgers (unless a McD within 5 miles!)

Never met anywhere with more pizza than Chinese!

Well it's pretty much dependant on the immigration I think.

In sweden we had alot of immigrants from the former Yugoslav country that were brought here as labour immigration in the 70's.

They were the ones that started up the pizzeria boom.

Before that, there had been a few italian run pizzerias in sweden but they never caught on.

But in just a few years there suddenly were pizzerias in every town it seems.

I'm betting it was the same kind of thing with the chinese takeouts in britain.

But how's the pizza?

It's 'meh' basically.

It's ok for a sunday when you're hung over.

But for the really good pizzas, you go to Milas in Furulund (my old town).

And if you really want to splash out and get a real culinary treat, you'll go to Höör (in the center of skåne, so a good 45 minutes away from where I live) and buy a pizza at Höörs Restaurang & Pizzeria.

They make the best pizzas I've ever tasted.

And I've had my fair share :)

All this arguing about the pack seems to be happening in a vacuum. Has anyone here actually played the game using the new vehicles yet? How can you have an opinion if you haven't played the game with the new vehicles yet? I just did a QB using Hotchkiss chassis SP guns in bocage country to fight off a US advance and had great fun doing it. :)

Good point, i downloaded the pack last night, not much time to play but activation was not a problem just have the instructions to hand!!

I can wait to get the new Churchills into action, I like playing as the Brits and they need some extra firepower.

PS Except for the crab that I think i will leave on the beach!!