Red Thunder manual is up

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and found a typo: the 'M1985 Nagant Revolver'. Maybe that came from the Black Sea game. ;)

Damn, I could have been a hero! A week or so ago, when testers got the manuals for review, I noticed the 1985 designation, so checked with Google--you never know if those Bolsheviks didn't have some weird numbering scheme--and up popped a bunch of hits for what I read to be "1985". In my scenario testing, I seemed to be behind everyone else, since every problem/bug I found--every single one--someone else had already reported it. So I figured 1985 was correct. I just checked (carefully this time), and of course it's "1895". I must have some form of numbers dyslexia. :)

There goes any chance of fame and fortune for me...I just hope they let me test again sometime!

I've just noticed something very interesting on page 18, which I haven't seen discussed or commented.

In the three pictures shown, the one in the middle suggests that we're going to be able to issue target commands over low walls and other similarly 'half cover' terrain features, rather than getting that 'No Aim Point' labelled blue LOS line.

Is this something changed in CMx2 3.0 or it is just a coincidence due to the terrain being slightly higher on the far side of the wall?

PS: Besides that I must say that the Tutorial has been greatly improved.

Hi,

I think it would be more user friendly, if there would be a dedicated tutorial PDF (for tablet use):

Each step on a dedicated page. Switching between reading the tutorial and interrupting, looking at the screen and then continue reading is not something people like and adds to the already steep learning curve.

But with the tablet beside the screen and for each step in the tutorial a tap on its screen, this would be more user friendly IMO, especialy for beginners.

Hi,

I think it would be more user friendly, if there would be a dedicated tutorial PDF (for tablet use):

Each step on a dedicated page. Switching between reading the tutorial and interrupting, looking at the screen and then continue reading is not something people like and adds to the already steep learning curve.

But with the tablet beside the screen and for each step in the tutorial a tap on its screen, this would be more user friendly IMO, especialy for beginners.

Can't we just copy this .pdf manual to our iPad or whatever tablet you have, and read it?

Thanks for posting the manual Chris. I noticed after a quick glance at the first few pages that it says the game will be expanded with modules and packs up to the Battle of Berlin. Does this mean the Eastern Front will be covered with modules instead of new games?

I hope very much that there will be a module that goes backwards in time like maybe Barbarossa to.... Kursk?? Please?? :D

"On June 22nd, 1944, the Soviets launched the single largest ground offensive that the world has ever seen: Operation Bagration. So massive was the attack that in just a few days the German Army Group Center effectively ceased to exist, leaving the Third Reich with roughly 400,000 casualties it could not replace. "

Well if that don't get you interested in a little Red Thunder... have someone take your pulse:D Credits lists an abundance of talented personnel. One Task "Quick Battles" appears to be entrusted to Mark Ezra by himself!

"Version 3.0 of the Combat Mission game engine includes a plethora of new features and upgrades. Highlights include: - Flamethrowers! :D

They had been sent to Italy after Kursk. I expect we will see themwhen BF produce a Kursk game/mod. Which won't be long i hope.

Unsubtle hint! :D

Only one company was sent to Italy IIRC while the rest remained with Army Group North Ukraine. You will see them on the Eastern Front before Kursk. They were almost all destroyed or abandoned in the retreat after Army Group North Ukraine was attacked so they would only be on the Eastern Front until sometime in August if I remember correctly. Once all their Elefants were destroyed they switched to the JagdTiger IIRC. I'm going from memory though so if anyone needs specifics I can dig through my references if necessary.