Red Thunder manual is up

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted April 3rd at 22.00gmt..I wonder

Then again,

A second manual, not included in the web preview, covers all the new features of the v3.0 Game Engine Upgrade that is part of Combat Mission Red Thunder

perhaps we will get the second manual in about a week, then the game will come out another week later ;)

Just checked the new manual out. It looks really good and seems much improved, IMO.

Edit:

But the chapter on the editor seems to be missing? I´d hoped to read a bit about the triggers.

This is the supplemental manual specific to Red Thunder content. There will also be a new "3.0 Engine" manual.

Thanks for posting the manual Chris. I noticed after a quick glance at the first few pages that it says the game will be expanded with modules and packs up to the Battle of Berlin. Does this mean the Eastern Front will be covered with modules instead of new games?

Thanks for posting the manual Chris. I noticed after a quick glance at the first few pages that it says the game will be expanded with modules and packs up to the Battle of Berlin. Does this mean the Eastern Front will be covered with modules instead of new games?

The manual seems to imply that RT will be expanded with modules to the end of the war. But this still leaves Summer 1941 to Spring 1944 open.

The AMMO Status for the OT-34: Flame >5K.

How many shots does that translate to in the game?

A lot. I haven't managed to run one dry yet. I'm not sure what the "points" of ammo for flamers are supposed re represent (ccs would be too small, liters would be too large... ounces, maybe?). Usage per blast is pretty high, IIRC in the hundreds of points, but with vehicle flamers that have high-capacity tanks like the OT-34, unless you're very extravagant with area fire you'll likely to run out of targets before you run out of juice.

Manpack flamers are a different story. They only have enough juice for a few blasts, though this usually isn't much of an issue since given their short range I'm usually happy if I get a manpack team close enough to flame just a single target.

Thank you for posting the Manual. However, the 2 pages per viewing page is extremely hard to read on a tablet or small laptop computer. Will you please consider reformatting the Manual so that it is 1 to 1? Thank you.

The game itself includes a different PDF version of the manual which will allow printing, and also allows 1 to 1 page view. And then of course there is the printed spiral-bound manual :) All preorders will get two of these plus as many other folks as stock will last (which probably isn't very long after preorders end I would guess).

Martin

Where did Battlefront read that the M1891/30 was also called the M1930? All of the original Russian documentation I have seen and read (and the scope on my PU sniper) calls it either the 91/30 or 1891/30. I have never, ever heard of it being called the M1930.