CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Bil made a very big mistake. In my last set of screen shots you can see him moving his flamer into a gully next to the smokehouse. He then moved it behind the smokehouse. While all this was going on I have been rushing my Panther to BLAU in the hope of getting a shot the flamer. He may not have known it but when he put himself in that position he was trapped. I have no idea if he was aware of my Panthers arrival. I saw no infantry support near him. He backed away from the smokehouse toward the position he started at (and should have stayed in) and I got the drop on him.....again.

3_zps564ef0bc.jpg

1_zps2603352f.jpg

No guesswork needed here about the result of hit.

2_zpsc3916a0b.jpg

What I've decided to do for the moment with the 120mm mortar is to use the other HQ unit in BLAU to target most of the VL.....even though I have men sitting on it. As I mentioned before, this arty takes 8 minutes to come in. The terrain on the entire map is not allowing for long range spotting for arty. I'm kinda doing the Jim Kirk star Trek thing of activating the self destruct...hopefully, like Kirk, I will cancel it before I kill any of my own men.

4_zpsb95ec4e7.jpg

Bil's attack on BLAU is not as strong as I had anticipated. I had thought by now I would have given the "BLAU has fallen" signal. It looks like he is driving into my rear.....fast. I am getting multiple vehicle sound contacts racing down the road to my back VL. And the troop sound contacts all seem to be headed that way now.

5_zps02ac8cbd.jpg

Ah, what a total bummer man! I HATE when that happens! Keep your chin up Elvis. Apollo, ah, I mean Bil is just a man!

Nice kill on that T-34!

Not a huge deal with the arty. It would have been nice to have it falling as he broke for BLAU. But it almost looks moot as he seems to have called off his attack on BLAU for the moment. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it elsewhere.

Jolly good show in taking out the Little Flamerâ„¢, Elvis. However, I somehow expected the OT explosion to be bigger.

Me too....or at least I was hoping for it. I didn't post anything from the previous turn because all I could think about was that thing. And the previous turn ended with him backing into my LOS and the Panthers gunner went to "aiming" at the last second. I held off until I had the result.

Patience, dear. This is just a little sideshow while the next reel is being loaded.

Michael

America is still the Land of Opportunity. All sorts of opportunities. For instance, if you'd like to get mugged on your vacation, like a bunch of Reds advancing into Objective BLAU, this is the place to come.

There, brought that back on topic for ya...

Good plan to get that artillery back in action. I thought you didn't have another HQ so it's good that's not a lost asset.

What are you going to do about those naught sound contracts and your crumbling positions on your left flank?

Steve

The Rolling Thunder Tour will hit GLEB with little resistance. I was expecting more probing recon or the area, which would give me more time. The way I see it, I have a couple of choices. One would be to concede the VL. Doing that would give Bil one less thing to worry about. But perhaps I'd be able to hold BLAU. The other would be to bail on BLAU and get some armor down there STAT. The Hetzers had reached great positions around BLAU to both deal with infantry and defend themselves from Bil's armor. That flamer had put itself into a position where if the Panther hadn't gotten it, one of the Hetzers would have. He just happened to back up into the Panthers LOF first. At the end of a story turn one Hetzer and the Panther could cover nearly every avenue of approach from my front/left. If I pull armor back I believe I can safely get back there but the LOS is VERY short on the entire map. At some point I would have to close in. That could cause problems if I have to face more than one at a time.

The platoon on the left. I'll do a head count but I think they are still at 66-75% strength. I was doing a fighting withdraw but taking too much fire from, what I believe was, direct mortar fire. I am pulling them back fast now (Run) and plan to have them regroup in the deep woods and see how they can help in GLEB.