CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Ah, it is meant in that sense, sorry, I thought it was meant as an encouragement to throw his armor into battle. Unleash your armor, that sort of thing. I'm familiair with the term unbottoning of course, but haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. Yeah, unbuttoning makes all the difference with regard to spotting, I agree.

Great start of the day, this AAR.

Unbutton your armor, you madman!

It is prettier and more fearsome looking buttoned. I'm not sure you guys realize how far out of the "action" that my armor is. I would feel comfortable having the crew dismount, dance a fairy dance around the Hetzers and remount.

But then again......maybe Bil has infiltrated deeper than I know. Good thing I'm buttoned up. The tank commander is always the first to go.

It is prettier and more fearsome looking buttoned. I'm not sure you guys realize how far out of the "action" that my armor is. I would feel comfortable having the crew dismount, dance a fairy dance around the Hetzers and remount.

But then again......maybe Bil has infiltrated deeper than I know. Good thing I'm buttoned up. The tank commander is always the first to go.

Great! Post the movie clip.

Things are beginning to heat up. Not much in the way of firing at each other but I am getting more hard contacts.

There is a small bridge to the east of BLAU that I have seen 2 single men from 2 different units pass by. They appear to be heading north, not toward BLAU. But that is unconfirmed, I'm basing it solely on the direction they were moving.

2_zps15a500c6.jpg

4_zpsbf6e3d80.jpg

Here is the area that I spotted them at.

1_zpsa99bf6dd.jpg

I have also spotted a guy in the middle of the map approaching BLAU. He happens to be walking through the area where I have retargeted my harassing fire. Hopefully it will be coming down by the time his friends arrive.

3_zps21279450.jpg

To the west I am beginning to get more sound contacts on the western side of the large woods.

5_zpsad4e1a26.jpg

Now an update on my armor.

I continue to plan on using them like a pack of rabid dogs. This shot should give you an idea of how far back they still are. This is where they ended up after having used QUICK movement from their original set up position. There is line of sight to close to nothing from there.

9_zpsc88de460.jpg

I have decided to move them forward but not far as I had originally considered. I am ordering them to HUNT to position where they can see the western most edge of the woods and much of the open area to the west of that. The target line I have draw is only to show what they can see from the point that their movement stops. I have not targeted anything.

10_zps86afede1.jpg

How mobile is your AA, Elvis? You may wish to keep it close to your armour.

It's not very mobile and I've regretted my purchase since turn 1.

John,

Anything you see like that is a placeholder. The placeholder I am most looking forward to going away are the sound contact ones. It gives me the sadz when I make screen shots with them.

YankeeDog makes a good point. You may find your AA comes in handy after all.

What would you rather have chosen in place of the AA? Were mines an option?

Something bigger than the 20 mm one I chose. I heard a plane a few turns ago but nothing fired on me. It is in pretty good position to see approaches to BLAU from the west and behind BLAU to the north and east. You can see its placement in the screen shot with my armors movement orders.

Yes, mines were an option and I bought some. They are in the back woods to the north and east, where I have the platoon that will either defend my rear VL or use as reserves.

I finished “Smoke Em, if You Got em” in CMFI recently playing as USA on the attack, and had 20mm AA in a good position that gave me a very tough time even with my armor. The fast rate of fire, and rotation can get some nice firepower down range quick. I had many damaged tanks from it, and many tanks freak out and reverse from the first hits. Of’ course it is also a great meat grinder against infantry too. I wouldn’t feel too bad about getting it Elvis, it can be a very effective weapon even if it doesn’t take a tank out in one shot. How it does against Air remains to be seen.

Firing at the front aspect of the ISU-122: Don't worry about the armor. Its muzzle is so large, you can probably get a shell right in there. ;)

Indeed. I was looking at the gaping maw of one and thinking how intimidating that looks. It's like looking down the bore of a battleship knowing that a shell is about to emerge.

:eek:

Michael

. Its muzzle is so large, you can probably get a shell right in there. ;)

Perhaps Elvis will get lucky if one of Bil's pixeltruppen want to see if his pixelhead fits in there, and plugs it up. We had a pinhead in my artillery battalion who tried that with a 8" howitzer while cleaning it, and got is head stuck! :D. They squirted a bunch of oil around his head, and a bunch of guys had to pick him up holding him level with the gun twisting him out. He had this huge circular cut around his head. Talk about funny. I wish I had a camera with me to capture the moment.

Perhaps Elvis will get lucky if one of Bil's pixeltruppen want to see if his pixelhead fits in there, and plugs it up. We had a pinhead in my artillery battalion who tried that with a 8" howitzer while cleaning it, and got is head stuck! :D. They squirted a bunch of oil around his head, and a bunch of guys had to pick him up holding him level with the gun twisting him out. He had this huge circular cut around his head. Talk about funny. I wish I had a camera with me to capture the moment.

Man, he wanted that Darwin Award bad !

I've seen a picture somewhere of a GI sticking his whole body ( successfully ) out of the barrel of a KO'd Sturmmorser Tiger's gun ! ( may have been the hole where the gun used to be - memory is hazy )

No looking happy at all, his riders dismount.

1_zps17a660b5.jpg

And he fires again at my poor lone scout....and misses!

2_zps8a2bc824.jpg

He continues to move men across the bridge.

3_zpsfb16bbc0.jpg

This is meant to give you an idea of the line of sight that my armor will have when they arrive.

6_zpsc2599fef.jpg

(Damn, I am really hating the black sound contact icons) Things are forming up very nicely from above. I don't think I will be surprised when he finally comes at me. I just hope I'm ready.

5_zpsbac31a7a.jpg