CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Quick update. Germans are dying over here.....

My awesome scout who took multiple 122mm shots, aided his buddies, helped to spot the bigarse tanks...remember him? That heartless Bil sent an HQ team out to hunt for him. They found him and he got a few shots off that did nothing but make a couple of guys cower for a bit.

1_zps60dd9732.jpg

Then met the end that we all knew he would.

2_zps387ff465.jpg

Meanwhile, back at GLEB, Bil is rolling in fast and in force. He began firing what seemed like random shots all around the VL.

3_zps49060394.jpg

One (at least) hit home. I really wish I could have plugged a few riders before he went down. What are ya gonna do..... The gunner is still alive...maybe he can get a shot or two off before he joins the scout.

4_zps8bce1d05.jpg

And finally, I have my answer about the bailed out tank. Not dead. I have two armor sound contacts coming through those woods VERY quickly.

5_zpsa096507f.jpg

This would be an EXCELLENT time for a counterattack! Or an inquisition. No one ever expects an inquisition.

When does the armored kampfgruppe reinforcement arrive? ;)

That is not amongst our weaponry.

Counterattack is how I will get GLEB back. But I have some things to take care of first. ;)

Elvis, why do you keep writing GLEB? Not a criticism, just trying to understand.

Michael

Dyslexia perhaps? Did you hear about the dyslexic Soviet Atheist insomniac?

He lies awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog.

I haven't had as much computer time in the last 24 hours as I would have liked. I have had the time to process a couple of turns and will post screenies later.

The short version of what is going on it that one of my Hetzers was about to fire a couple of shots at one of his tanks hanging out around GELB. He returned the fire. All round hit trees in a small treeline that separated them.

In BLAU I have successfully moved everyone (well....almost everyone:) ) out and they have reached new defensive positions.

A huge problem for me with this map is that there are almost no places where I can get LOS to approaching units from any kind of distance. I am not about to engage him until he is right on top of me. With the way I am out numbered it's making it very hard to slow him down.

Ah..an Elvis sighting. I thought maybe you were cowering in the fetal position yelling "I can't do this...retreat", or possibly consulting with Ken on how to Attack Ivan and give meaning to your men's lives.

I am running out of ideas about how to deal with this.My best hope is to get armor superiority. If I can do that then maybe I can fight off what appears to be an overwhelming amount of infantry. My mortars and infantry have no chance in this situation. It do feel like time is on my side....but I may be kidding myself about that.

I am running out of ideas about how to deal with this.My best hope is to get armor superiority. If I can do that then maybe I can fight off what appears to be an overwhelming amount of infantry. My mortars and infantry have no chance in this situation. It do feel like time is on my side....but I may be kidding myself about that.

Die with honor, Elvis. Dran, drauf und dürch. In other words, attack, before Bill has all his units where he wants them for the next push.

Elvis, if you can use your Panther (specially your Panther) and kill enemy armor, everything Bil has done so far will be almost useless,...Don't kamikaze your armor, be patient, wait for him to move,...Don't rush, don't become the attacker,...

My best hope is to get armor superiority. If I can do that then maybe I can fight off what appears to be an overwhelming amount of infantry.

I agree that is what you must do. If you can tip the armpr scale in your favor Bil's infantry wont be able to do anything more on their own. First, I think you have to counter attack at Gelb to try to knock him off, and try to retake that objective. If you do not try to counter he may just sit there insead of coming to you, which means he gets Gelb's points. At least you have some infantry on that side at the mine field that you can use to assist whatever armor you can get into the fight. If you can't retake Gelb at some point you lose in victory loacations two to one, that is if you can hold Rot. At least that is how I see it from this vantage point.