CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

So what is the plan now? Filter the Blau forces back to Rot and have the ones on the opposite side of the map go down and retake Gelb?

Steve

ROT isn't very big. And, aside from the HMG in the only 2 story building in the VL, you can't see very far when you're there. The guys from BLAU will probably be used as a buffer/screen. And I'm not ruling out sending them back into BLAU with armor for cover since it seems like Bil is not leaving any armor to help the men he has there.

With GELB I have choices as well. And I'm not sure that I have to act on them quickly. My armor sees a lot but not everything. I don't believe he has much freedom of movement for his armor. If he is bringing his big boys back there and thinking about going to toe to toe with my armor, I may want to stay put and let him come to me and hope to get the first shot. Or, I may make a quick play on the armor he has sitting there and try to score a couple of kills before the big ones get added to the mix.

The infantry also has a couple of choices. There are a LOT of sound contact icons on that side of the map. The platoon I have set up in the woods may be able to ambush him after all. Any situation like that, where I would score some points and make him slow down, is very appealing. On the other hand, pulling them back and assisting with an immediate quick hit and run on the objective has its appeal.

I believe he has a massive amount of infantry. The fact that I have not had a massive amount of hard contacts should let you know what visibility is like. I consider my losses as light at this point in the battle. If you added up all my dead from all units it may only be about a platoons worth of men. When you figure in my heavy weapons platoon, that works out to be only about 20% of my foot soldiers. I count that as a win this deep into the battle. My maths could be off...don't sue me if I'm wrong....but I don't think I'm wrong.

Do you still have arty?

Yes, I do. Deciding where to place it now. It takes 8 minutes and will probably be the last mission that I call in. Without being able to see where I would really like to drop it, figuring out the best spot is something I want to be careful about.

ROT isn't very big. And, aside from the HMG in the only 2 story building in the VL, you can't see very far when you're there. The guys from BLAU will probably be used as a buffer/screen. And I'm not ruling out sending them back into BLAU with armor for cover since it seems like Bil is not leaving any armor to help the men he has there.

Does the terrain require you to actually interpose those Blau-truppen between Bil and Rot? Flanking his approach route could deny him progress... at least until he's rooted the Blau-truppen out.

Yes, I do. Deciding where to place it now. It takes 8 minutes and will probably be the last mission that I call in. Without being able to see where I would really like to drop it, figuring out the best spot is something I want to be careful about.

Think I´d stayed out of the forests entirely and attempted to fix and screen the largest mass of russian infantry there instead, then drop Arty. and let the many tree bursts take it´s toll. :D

It looks like Bil is running either a recon or diversion to the left of my armor. I've spotted a man running near the railroad tracks that he must know will be seen. I think it may be time for me to change things up a little bit over there.

1_zps6aa5d5db.jpg

My flame boys are still doing me well. I saw them get this guy and this time definitely heard 2 screams...I'm going to assume 2 kills. Bringing it up to 9 confirmed.

3_zps19d5b54f.jpg

I guess we all knew what his fate would be though. His buddy still lives but the flamer is gone. He may have expended all of his fuel. If not it was very close. That is something I would have taken before the game started if you offered it to me.

2_zps2ef34f13.jpg

As you probably already know...it wasn't a good turn for the good guys. The dead Hetzer was in the middle of turning when he got whacked. A missed first shot and maybe it would have been a different result. The Panther ended it's turn firing, so the round should be in the air in the first second of next turn. Fingers crossed.

The flak gun went down very easily considering it was small arms from a distance. Bummer.

What's left of the flamethrower team still racks up the kills with 3 more. It must be giving Bil fits. But he probably has infantry to burn.

The 3 units that have been pinned by the smokehouse have finally been able to escape the HMG in ROT.

Screenshots later...sorry.

Well.....well..............

As I mentioned before today didn't start very well.

I made a move on the T34 sitting on the south side of GELB and paid the price. As my Hetzer was making his turn after arriving at the treeline he go kilt. Fast.

9_zps55067c70.jpg

8_zps7640fa2c.jpg

My Panther was turning to face him as well and got a sweet new decal.

7_zps72aa7f7d.jpg

My flak gun took some small arms fire and lost and a man and abandoned the gun. Never to return.

6_zpsda364216.jpg

On a brighter note, the one guy left from the flamethrower team continues to kill Russians. Getting 3 more in this exchange.

5_zpsa1bf9ff2.jpg

Things haven't gotten much better but there was a bright spot....

After getting a non-penetrating hit on the T34 that took out my Hetzer, the Panther gets another shot away.

3_zpsf456b3ba.jpg

This one hit home!

4_zps76069153.jpg

I was feeling kinda good. But at almost the same moment my other Hetzer takes a killer shot. He never saw a thing. The penetration was the lower left side but after multiple replays the shot appears to come from his back right side.

2_zps5de76f06.jpg

Then these guys show up and I know where it came from. I consider running my Panther up and maybe getting a quick shot at one. But then take a look at how he has them set up and know that it would be suicide.

1_zps3236874b.jpg

On a brighter note, the one guy left from the flamethrower team continues to kill Russians. Getting 3 more in this exchange.

Obersoldat Metzger, of Regular experience, is definitely operating at "Hero" level.

Just don't kill him too Elvis.

Ouch. Bil has you boxed in. Here's my 2 cents worth of advice.

You have much more to fear from the T-34s than the ISUs because the ISUs have crappy RoF and no ability to rotate. I recommend doing something daring and gamey with your surviving Panther. Drive at top speed at the ISUs using the treeline to shield you from effective T-34 targeting. Keep going until you are behind the ISUs by a good bit, then turn around and face them. BUT, absolutely do not drive to your destination and use a Face command (I think that is what got one of your Hetzers killed). Instead drive the tank in an arc so that when you stop it you're mostly facing the beasts. Then use Face to fix the arc a bit. Take some shots and then back up to some better cover.

At the very least you'll go out in a blaze of glory :D Because I see you getting nailed pretty quick if you stay where you are.

Steve

You have much more to fear from the T-34s than the ISUs because the ISUs have crappy RoF and no ability to rotate. I recommend doing something daring and gamey with your surviving Panther. Drive at top speed at the ISUs using the treeline to shield you from effective T-34 targeting. Keep going until you are behind the ISUs by a good bit, then turn around and face them. BUT, absolutely do not drive to your destination and use a Face command (I think that is what got one of your Hetzers killed). Instead drive the tank in an arc so that when you stop it you're mostly facing the beasts. Then use Face to fix the arc a bit. Take some shots and then back up to some better cover.

At the very least you'll go out in a blaze of glory :D Because I see you getting nailed pretty quick if you stay where you are.

Steve

Move fast, possibly die young, and leave a good looking corpse... or sumfink like that.

Steve

That was one of my options (the running behind the ISUs. ...not the dying quick).

The other option I've been considering is to go into serial killer mode. Let him level ROT and everything else I have but go on a wild enemy killing spree.

One is a gamey way to score points.....the other isn't.

Oh my.........

Well, cats and kittens, I think the fat lady just sang. I didn't send a surrender turn to Bil yet but I might the next turn. Or more likely a ceasefire with the understanding of having conceded the game. With ceasefire it's easier to see kill stats.

My Panther looked like sonny Corleone at a toll booth. The first shot was a killed, the second to make him twitch.

3_zps768ba942.jpg

1_zps560ebd92.jpg

I finally was able to spot the guy that did it as the turn ended.

5_zpsf894fd12.jpg

Even the remaining guy from my faithful flamethrower team was finally flushed out and killed. Und wir sind dann Helden. Für einen Tag

2_zps9672155f.jpg

I guess we all knew what his fate would be though. His buddy still lives but the flamer is gone. He may have expended all of his fuel. If not it was very close. That is something I would have taken before the game started if you offered it to me.

Is the FT fuel limited? Is there a value for it in the UI?

Inquiring minds want to know!l:D

Is the FT fuel limited? Is there a value for it in the UI?

Inquiring minds want to know!l:D

Yes, there is. It's a number I don't admit to understand. I think the starting number was something like 242. And go down about 40 each time it was fired. I can go back and Check but I think the guy using exhausted it just before dying. It may even be in some of the screen shots. The other guy got his kills with an SMG.