CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

shatnerpose.jpg~original

Very nice, MikeyD!

Okay, looks like it's time to add something to Battlefront's request list:

Anytime you peel off some scouts, their uniforms must change to MikeyD's Ensign Expendable uniforms!

Back in the earlier days of DragonCon, I was always intending to make a soon-to-be-dead-red Star Trek uniform. From the front, it would look normal, but it would have a crosshair silkscreened on the back.

-Never got around to it. I'm sure it's been done many times by now.

I've got some eyes on the back of GELB and it looks like Bil is content to have a T34 just sit of the VL. I'm not inclined to go in after this guy, so he may spend the rest of the game like this.

6_zps33bb5932.jpg

The ISU122s are heading "who knows where". Is it possible that he is bringing them back in support of GELB? That's a lot of eggs in one basket.

1_zps6ace8235.jpg

The flamethrower team in BLAU continue to be my heroes. Bil has decided to rush a team to their position and take them out.

3_zps6194f68c.jpg

Uh oh! I moved back to the original building!

4_zpsb432bdd4.jpg

Toasty. That is 7 confirmed kills but the flame team. The dead men count for both sides is probably pretty even right now.

5_zps82a7e0af.jpg

They factored into my set up by anticipating how Bil would advance on them. BLAU was the obvious first point of contact and my initial recon/hunting missions originated out of there with very little success. GELB and the woods in front of it seemed like the most likely path that Bil would take and so setting up a defense of a platoon with mines in a spot that may have caught him off guard seemed like a good idea. I never would have guessed that he would charge GELB with no regard for what I might have back there. He took a big gamble on that road being clear and it paid off. Rot is where I figured the final stand would happen and deployed with that in mind. The sight lines out of there are just as poor but the sight lines into it are too. And I saw when an HMG can do against infantry in the open to the east of BLAU.

The VL seem like natural ones. It is a beauty of a map and a challenge to defend. I found a spot this morning that I hadn't noticed before that may have been helpful around BLAU. But that ship has sailed.

Regarding what I purchased in relation to the map and the VLs. I chose the Straggler group because it was requested and I hadn't played with them yet. In hindsight I would have been better served with a SMG company. The HMGs were 100% selected because of the VLs and the map. So was the Panther. With the Panther I wanted something heavy duty with a turret in case I got into a tight spot. The Hetzers were by request and also something I wanted personally. The terrain and VLs had no bearing on my buying them. And so far they look like my best purchase.

This is kind of a rambling post and I hope I kinda answered you questions.

Thanks, understood! Nice to see all that neat CMRT stuff in action, particularly on GeorgeMC superb maps! :) Think what I asked initially is way out of topic here and better left for mission design threads.

Knights Cross for that flamer guy! :D

Could you maybe give us a zoomed out Situation Shot especially for the Area around Blau and Rot? I'm getting a little confused about the Tactical Situation there.

Also: any plans for the Infantry Platoon behind the Mine Belt blocking the Wood Approach to Gelb, now that the Objective they protected is in Russian Hands?

I don't think Flame Throwers should be used when firing from inside a building, particular if that building is easily flamable.

In anycase, there should be at least a minimum of one AS ( not adjacent ) between the enemy and Defender ( or obstacle ) before a Flamer can be used ( any closer and there is a good possibility of catching your surrouning area or yourself on fire.

It seems from this angle that the building or occupants should have a chance to catch on fire as the Flamer appears adjacent to the Defender.

I don't suppose the Red Army had a chaplain. But if they did his first words would be: "Lettuce pray."

BTW, given the diet in that part of the world, those are much more likely to be cabbages than lettuces. But then, "Cabbage pray" doesn't make a very good pun does it? Not that you'd let that stop you.

:D

Michael

I don't think Flame Throwers should be used when firing from inside a building, particular if that building is easily flamable.

In anycase, there should be at least a minimum of one AS ( not adjacent ) between the enemy and Defender ( or obstacle ) before a Flamer can be used ( any closer and there is a good possibility of catching your surrouning area or yourself on fire.

It seems from this angle that the building or occupants should have a chance to catch on fire as the Flamer appears adjacent to the Defender.

It is presumed that the gunner is putting the muzzle of the launcher outside of the building. In reality this could still have a negative effect, such as catching a curtain on fire or something, but we don't want to get too detailed about that. Small eventualities can sometimes lead to major game headaches. Sometimes its worth the headache, sometimes not. I don't think this is one of those times.

Steve

Here is a quick overview of where I have everyone.

The blue circle are the units from my platoon by the mines and the remnants of the one that was on the left.

The Hetzer circled is the one that took fire from the plane and the lines show where our rounds were hitting trees when the Hetzer and his T34 were firing at each other.

8_zps6228396e.jpg

In this shot the blue shows where Bils ISUs came from and the direction that they are headed.

The black icon on the left side of BLAU is where my flamethrower is. That is also where the "smokehouse" is.

The units circled in pink are the dudes that bailed out of BLAU.

The red circled HMG is the one that has been able to put some firepower on Bils men as they move through BLAU.

7_zpsb0868848.jpg