CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Tactical problem. The Tiger is covering a road through town that is covered in smoke. That an enemy tank is down that road beyond the smoke is almost certain. Meanwhile another enemy tank has been observed in an adjoining field...what to do... how to deal with two threats at 90 degrees and neither in LOS yet.

XfMkI.jpg

Answer back up behind building facing wall. Hmm okay now only have one potential threat, but line of fire is blocked... to drive through wall is to expose flank both on road and in orchard. Answer: Apply high explosives and wait for dust to clear.

wACjl.jpg

remove threat

RkxYw.jpg

Meanwhile threat two attempts to catch now hidden tank in flank

36zp1.jpg

To do so means having to come in nice and cozy. This was an infantry team protecting my Tiger.

ICzmi.jpg

The scenario by the way is In the Shadow of the Hill 8-30am and is a lot of fun.

Damn I love this game

Found this in an old ammo box in the attic. ;) My scanner is not so great.

Hell Comes to Town

Night1.jpg

Actually just a little Post Processing of a screen shot using using iphoto.

Outstanding atmosphere in this one! My favorite screenshots are the ones that look least like in-game shots, with lots of post-processing to achieve special effects like old photos, desaturated lighting, black and white combat camera shots, or -- as I like to do -- mid-20th Century army comic books.

I was watching a turn tonight and ended up seeing this:

BehindTheAction.jpg

This is from an on going game with Siffo998 from "Linking up and breaking out". This is behind the real action so I am not giving anything away. Through the smoke you can see just a hint of what is going on at the pointy end of my attack.

The burning jeep was first blood. I miss understood the briefing and thought I was moving into a undefended area. Ooops the recon guys paid for it. Actually some of them got away but the jeep sure did not. Also the team in the near ground were caught in the open by a HT's MG42 all lined up. It sucked to watch that one burst and four men down.

This is getting interesting.

The burning jeep was first blood. I miss understood the briefing and thought I was moving into a undefended area. Ooops the recon guys paid for it. Actually some of them got away but the jeep sure did not. Also the team in the near ground were caught in the open by a HT's MG42 all lined up. It sucked to watch that one burst and four men down.

This is getting interesting.

I am endlessly fascinated by CMBN's ability to suck me in to cheering for my pixeltrüppen. I wince when one of my Shermans get Ronson'd, I cheer when an MG team holds the line and stops an oncoming infantry charge dead in it's tracks. Unlike other RTS games where you're too busy clicking on things to feel the battle, in Combat Mission, you're acutely aware of all those (virtual) letters you're going to have to write home when you charge against the bocage fails in front of your eyes.

It probably wasn't the worlds greatest ever design decision in the first place...

Having ambushed an enemy armoured car and put two AP rounds through it, forcing the crew to bail...

LMS_unlucky_exit_1.jpg

...my Cromwell lines up its third shot,...

LMS_unlucky_exit_2.jpg

...which disperses roasted bits of the unfortunate driver all over Aris' beautiful paint job, as it goes right through him before destroying the Spähwagen. By the way, I find it interesting that while this causes the victim's hat to become airborne, his headphones stay on (BFC plz fix or do sumfink, obviously a gamebreaking bug!!!).

And that, children, is why you don't jump out of a dying AFV in the direction of incoming fire, but away from it.

"Six PanzerGrenadiers came to kill me one time and the best of them carried this. It's a Callahan fullbore autolock, customized trigger and double cartridge thorough-gauge. It's my very favorite gun. I call it 'Vera". "

(With apologies to Adam Baldwin and Josh Whedon)

Just made my day! Good to see another Browncoat on these forums.