CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

The vehicle status was destroyed, not abandoned...

Again w/o a replay I am just spouting hypotheticals. I also don't know what a damaged unit will show if the crew is killed. I haven't had too many abandon them. Those few times I have had a Jpz IV they have seemed to be able to take a lot of punishment. I also play wego though so I watch every dang thing that happens to them. Missing scenes like this is probably one of the reasons I am willing to accept losing control for 60 seconds. At least I know what happened and why to my units. Situations like this one could drive you nuts where if you had the replay you might be slapping your forehead and saying "oh yeah dang why didn't I see that" or in some cases seeing something you would never catch w/o the replay.

How is this possible ?

I just ran a quick test. M8 vs Jpz IV late at 50m. I let the M8 shoot until dry. All hits failed to penetrate except for 1 partial penetration on the "upper front hull". Looking at the Jpz IV it may have a weak spot at the front vision block.

I thought about doing the same test, but it's too late ;). Maybe tomorrow.

There is really a vision block in PzjIV. Who knows, maybe it's modelled :). On the other hand, the 37mm shells were solid shots without any HE.Even a penetration would probably only kill a driver and any person direcly on path pf the projectile. But shocked crew could bail out :).

...37mm shells were solid shots without any HE.Even a penetration would probably only kill a driver and any person direcly on path pf the projectile.

Unless it hit something catastrophic. Which you'd see evidence of, I'd imagine, in the form of smoke. Sadly, we'll probably never see anything like this ever again, and you can't rerun the turn to see it never happen again, cos it was an RT game.

Unless it hit something catastrophic. Which you'd see evidence of, I'd imagine, in the form of smoke. Sadly, we'll probably never see anything like this ever again, and you can't rerun the turn to see it never happen again, cos it was an RT game.

Sounds almost sad to hear.

I hate plaing WEGO against computer, because of stupidity of my pixeltropens and lack of orders like armor cover arc ;). I love plaing WEGO against people - then we both have the same limitations :).

Does anybody knows, if "computer player" is able to "give orders" to his units (or change them) during calculation of WEGO turn ? Or maybe the AI has the same constraints like me, and once orders are plot, they are not changed during the turn ? Are the pixeltropen of my AI opponent also "left on it's own" during the WEGO turn ?

I believe para question wasn't to be able to grab screen shots, but instead wanted to know how to post larger images here (or on any other forums): I suggest you create a free account on any image servers (i.e. imageshack.com) where you can upload your files; they usually let you choose to link your images either as full images or thumbnails linked to their original sized ones... Quite simple, really.

HTH

I believe para question wasn't to be able to grab screen shots, but instead wanted to know how to post larger images here (or on any other forums): I suggest you create a free account on any image servers (i.e. imageshack.com) where you can upload your files; they usually let you choose to link your images either as full images or thumbnails linked to their original sized ones... Quite simple, really.

HTH

Correct GVT and thanks

e5ZSU.jpg

I am pretty sure this might be the best sniper action and results that I have ever managed out of a team.

I had posted the story on another thread and this was their final results.

What made this team so cool was both are packing sniper rifles. it really helped in dropping the enemy when I found them out of cover.

I dont think the Americans can have a team like this, for once I found something I like about the Brits,

Maybe it's just my monitors, but I find the night scenarios impossible to play cos I can't see anything. So, I have to up the Gamma and brightness so it looks like (washed out) day just in order to play. Similarly, I can barely see anything in the picture posted in the previous message.

Can everyone else see it ok??

I am unsure what is the point of night scenarios if one can't see anything.