CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Amateurs. Look at all the holes in the barrel. Now the barrel of the Kar 98 might be worth considering. You could try and do some shotgunning.. what... oh am I saying too much? aw c'mon you aren't saying you didn't.. oh you didn't.. never mind.

I have no clear memory of that, sir

How can he target a soldier he doesn't see ? If he knew there is a soldier two steps back from the window, he could hit him piercing the wood easily, but he can't know, he cant' see him. He should aim to the enemy he CAN see, so to the one at the window.

If soldiers in CMBN can target enemies seeing them trough the walls, then we have explanations why the light buildings are giving so poor cover and protection. Fighting from inside of a light buidling would be like trying to fight from a greenhouse....

How can he target a soldier he doesn't see ? If he knew there is a soldier two steps back from the window, he could hit him piercing the wood easily, but he can't know, he cant' see him. He should aim to the enemy he CAN see, so to the one at the window.

If soldiers in CMBN can target enemies seeing them trough the walls, then we have explanations why the light buildings are giving so poor cover and protection. Fighting from inside of a light buidling would be like trying to fight from a greenhouse....

BFC have said before that houses are very abstracted. It's just the way it is. pTruppen stand in the wrong place for fighting from windows anyway. IRL, with the shooters standing back from the windows, most 'return fire' wouldn't be aimed at an individual. So shooting at an 'unseeable' pTroop in game is a representation of shooting at the frame behind which you suspect an enemy to be hiding. If you watch from the target's point of view, you'll see plenty of shots go "through" the shape of the target, but have no effect, because the terrain they're in gives them a "saving throw". It's just that light buildings don't have much of a save chance.

Even with all the 1-1 modelling that the game does do, if you expect it to be perfect you'll be disappointed.

BTW: is there any way of turning off the transparency of occupied buildings - there was in CM1.

I am pretty sure you are wrong about that: You could only toggle transparency of UNoccupied buildings. I wished there were then - and I wish there was now. :-/

Could you tell me what mod you are using with the german shield on the helmet as I would be keen to use.

Many thanks

An anachronism in summer '44. The Wehrmacht got rid of the tricolor decals in '41 and phased out the eagle decals a year or so later. The Waffen-SS had already ditched theirs by Barbarossa (over 90% of SS decals on helmets on the collector market are fake).

On older helmets, those decals which hadn't simply worn off were usually covered up when re-painted, which most helmets were (even on those which weren't given camo jobs, the original gloss paint was redone in matte).

How is this possible ?

cmnormandy2012060323282.jpg

I mean, how the Greyhound could knock-out a Jagdpanzer IV ?

Unfortunately, I didn't see that. It was RT play against AI. I sent the Jpz to carefully look out from behind a corner, facing front to the enemy, with Slow command. I had to check something in different part of the map, and when I returned moments later, it was already dead. I wondered what killed him (thought about some unnoticed Bazooka from the side or grenades) but no, it was Greyhound responsible (that was killed by my other tank 5 minutes later).

How is this possible ?

cmnormandy2012060323282.jpg

I mean, how the Greyhound could knock-out a Jagdpanzer IV ?

Unfortunately, I didn't see that. It was RT play against AI. I sent the Jpz to carefully look out from behind a corner, facing front to the enemy, with Slow command. I had to check something in different part of the map, and when I returned moments later, it was already dead. I wondered what killed him (thought about some unnoticed Bazooka from the side or grenades) but no, it was Greyhound responsible (that was killed by my other tank 5 minutes later).

W/O a replay it is impossible to say, but I certainly would not rule it out 100% as we do not know the sequence. Perhaps your crew bailed after taking a gun hit and panicked. That appears to be 75% of your crew lying next to it.

Yes, whole crew with exeption of the commander (that was so shocked that he teleported some 100m away) was killed after they bailed out. I saw the scene when the crew was just outside the vehicle (and still alive), the vehicle status was "destroyed" just as now. I thought something other killed the Jpz - some unseen tank destroyer, or grenade attack. Didn't really suppose it was the Greyhound...

Do you think the crew panicked and just bailed out a JpzIV because it got gun damaged ? They could just back up safely.

Yes, whole crew with exeption of the commander (that was so shocked that he teleported some 100m away) was killed after they bailed out. I saw the scene when the crew was just outside the vehicle (and still alive), the vehicle status was "destroyed" just as now. I thought something other killed the Jpz - some unseen tank destroyer, or grenade attack. Didn't really suppose it was the Greyhound...

Do you think the crew panicked and just bailed out a JpzIV because it got gun damaged ? They could just back up safely.

Could happen, they could also have been immobilized. If you remember waayyyyyy back a lifetime ago prior to CMBN release they did an AAR of Bois de Baugin. In that one a crew bailed from a perfectly healthy Sherman as I recall. Cool thing was the crew was able to get their act together and reboard. If the terrain had not been a wheatfield I expect that crew would have been dead.