CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Over the winter my friend and I played Huzzar! blind. Before that we were playing quick battles. It was sooo much fun we have had at least one scenario on the go ever since. Here is the first contact in Huzzar! My recon column on my left flank (and I went way left almost to the edge of the map) was having a nice drive in the country. And the all hell broke loose.

CountryDriveComesToAnEnd2.jpg

But the full fun can be seen in this video. I love how fast the 20mm cannon fires. And the M8s and M5s put round after round into that half track's engine but it just will not die.

Thanks. I have been using Fraps myself, but thought you were using something else, since your videos are much better quality than the ones I made.

But then I remembered that I have changed my graphics settings for CMBN since last time I used Fraps, so I thought I´d give it a try again. And yes: my videos do actually look much better too now.

The strangest thing is that even though I have raised all the graphics settings in CMBN, Fraps now seems to be running much more smoothly than before. :) ?

Over the winter my friend and I played Huzzar! blind. Before that we were playing quick battles. It was sooo much fun we have had at least one scenario on the go ever since. Here is the first contact in Huzzar! My recon column on my left flank (and I went way left almost to the edge of the map) was having a nice drive in the country. And the all hell broke loose.

But the full fun can be seen in this video. I love how fast the 20mm cannon fires. And the M8s and M5s put round after round into that half track's engine but it just will not die.

Looks like a highly implausible buggy engagement. What's with everything being "ricochet into"?

Looks like a highly implausible buggy engagement. What's with everything being "ricochet into"?

I did not think of it as buggy. My first M8 got an easy kill on the HT facing the wrong way and then immobilized the 20mm HT but died to its guns. The 20mm HT kept getting hit in the engine so all my guys were really doing was immobilizing it over and over.

I just thought of it as bad luck and high excitement - that's the way the AP rounds bounce some times.

This is for those who think tanks are still pretty much invulnerable to infantry in a built up area. No it isn't easy but as I found out the hard way, even

a Tiger can be taken out by infantry armed with nothing more than grenades and determination. My compliments to JonS for showing me the finer points of

taking out armor the hard way.

So the battle is In the Shadow of the Hill 8-30am.

******Spoiler Alert******************

We are in the final 3 minutes of regulation play (Yes I have been watching a bit much of the Stanley cup playoffs). In the last few miuntes of a grueling

game, most of the British armor is wrecked. 1 Tiger is destroyed and 2 are immobilized (the 4th is on the far end of town with my counterattacking infantry

and unable to assist.) My original infantry force is represented by a grand total of 7 men now with little ammo. There are 4 men on my left covering the

Church yard and 3 on my right one of whom is there for moral support as he is completely out of ammo. The British are attempting to hit the Tiger from

two sides using the church and a nearby building for cover on the approach.

[Tigerkill1setup1-1.jpg

Here you see the main British assault force forming up

tigerkill1setup2.jpg

The first victims . er team are sent out.

Tigerkill2firstassault.jpg

The Tiger is able to take care of this threat on it's own, but it is clear the British are fully capable of getting close

tigerkill3firstdefeat.jpg

Meanwhile the assault force on the right continues to push forward to

clear the area around the churchyard. This will allow them to approach all the way to an adjoining hedgerow adjacent to the Tiger.

Tigerkill4leftflank.jpg

With the assault on the church yard in full swing and suppressive fire on my 3 men behind the hedgerow, the main assault force goes in.

tigerkill5secondassault.jpg

I could not determine what this was, but I suspected a Piat round. At this point my right flank has no infantry cover.

Tigerkill6Gerinfrightflank.jpg

The British take up position, probably passing around grenades and a tot or two of whiskey

Tigerkill7formingup.jpg

Meanwhile my other Tiger starts area firing on the building to try and suppress any advancing infantry. It is the best I can do.

Tigerkill8coveringfire.jpg

The final push into the churchyard. I have an assault rifle and mg behind that hedgerow and they are able to do some damage

tigerkill9thechurchyard.jpg

but the end seems inevitable as the British simply overwhelm the last defenders, the Tiger is now isolated

tigerkill10isolated.jpg

The British move in for the final assault

tigerkill11finalassault.jpg

The first few men are gunned down by the Tigers MG, but the assault force has the tank surrounded

tigerkill12rd1.jpg

Despite the mg fire from target tank and the 88 rounds impacting on the house, the assault team is able to successfully close assault

tigerkill13thepayoff.jpg

The assault team having accomplished it's mission makes for a quick exit under the continued fire from the Tigers partner

tigerkill14bail.jpg

The "uber pistol toting" crew bail into the now panicking infantry and both sides seem more intent on survival than attacking

Tigerkill15crewbails.jpg

The Tiger crew gets first shots in as the British infantry still in the area is completely demoralized and the backup teams are driven off by 88 rounds

impacting on the house

tigerkill16finalacts.jpg

And this is how you stop an uber pistol toting panzer crewman...no it is not a war crime, he was still resisting.

tigerkill17warcrimes.jpg

Heh - I noticed that guy with the SMLE standing over the crewman too. It reminded me of this:

muhammad-ali.jpg

I can't tell you how pleased I was to finally get that Tiger ... but I didn't realise the other one was immobed too ... that's handy to know :D

Heh - I noticed that guy with the SMLE standing over the crewman too. It reminded me of this:

muhammad-ali.jpg

I can't tell you how pleased I was to finally get that Tiger ... but I didn't realise the other one was immobed too ... that's handy to know :D

oh damn...... come and get em if you think you can ;)

Aris thank you for making nice looking mods like this one I like the zimmerit now

I have been improving the zimmerit in all my latest "Version 2" mods. Glad that you like it. Panther D, A, Stug and all Zimmerit covered vehicles will follow time permitting.

Dude, you theenk we can use the queeck change barrel as a hash pipe?

Amateurs. Look at all the holes in the barrel. Now the barrel of the Kar 98 might be worth considering. You could try and do some shotgunning.. what... oh am I saying too much? aw c'mon you aren't saying you didn't.. oh you didn't.. never mind.