CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

What'd they do, demo charge the wall?

Mord.

Roger, that side of the buldings didnt have an entrnace i forgot they where some canadians inside when i moved those squads towards the wall. (the whole place was filled with smoke from the river crossing, its a KG ENGEL mission.) and I quikcly moved a demo team to blow up the place. Did lose a gunner before they fell.

For those out there who had doubts about the snipers ability to do their job in CMBN (I was one) here is a 425m kill from a Canadian sniper. Epic win!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1401&stc=1&d=1336317784

Except that we can't read anything on that tiny screenshot of yours. ;)

Do people really still worry about the size of their images? I mean, does anyone even use 56k/low-end DSL anymore? Not saying it's necessarily been brought up here but I see it brought up around forums now and again.

Probably not many people on 56k or slow DSL anymore, but probably a lot more people accessing the forums nowadays via mobile devices where the connection may at times be slow and/or they have a limited data plan.

Do people really still worry about the size of their images? I mean, does anyone even use 56k/low-end DSL anymore? Not saying it's necessarily been brought up here but I see it brought up around forums now and again.

Imagine a thread with 50 or 100 screenshots - 3MB or 5MB each... Would you like to load or scroll it ?

Imagine a thread with 50 or 100 screenshots - 3MB or 5MB each... Would you like to load or scroll it ?

Well, that would be why I'm looking in a screenshot thread. Assuming 10 or so screenshots per page, that'd probably be done loading within a few seconds. The mobile phone bandwidth explanation makes a bit more sense, to me.

If they've edited their screenshots to JPEG format, there's no way in the world they should be 3-5MB in size. That only happens if you leave in a format like BMP.

Recently there was a discussion about close assaulting tanks with infantry. I was looking through my captured video and found I had video footage. I screwed up and lost this Sherman by pushing way to far forward. He was trying to get a flank shot on a Stug III but instead ended up dead. This was from a recent game I had against Siffo998: Bloody St. Omer Chapell. I lost - for obvious reasons when you watch this video:)

http://youtu.be/aKLZ5CdQFDc

The tank has no idea the infantry are there until the first grenade hits. Then it tires to pop smoke and flee. The second grenade destroys the tank (I checked) then the crew takes 20s or so to bail out (not sure why that is) and then goes down in a hail of bullets.

The crew trying to get away:

CloseAssaultSherman.jpg