CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Heh, I don't think any of the fronts were all that pleasant. I guess in relative terms one could be better then the other. The idea of getting taken prisoner wouldn't exist fighting on the Eastern Front. On the Western Front, meh, I might just get small and wait for the Tommies to come and ship me off to England for tea. :D

Couple shots from some recent play. The 'Might Wolverine' is from the CW Scenario Buron-Sticking it out (I think, whichever one has the Canadians defending) and is one of your two mobile AT assets. I picked a good spot and waited. First victim was a Stug. Then the Panthers started into my kill zone. I made sure to keep my M10 out of LOS as to avoid premature firing. Once I had two in my zone, I advanced 10 feet, contact was made, and opened fire. First one, then two Panthers were hit. I reversed out of LOS, waited a few moments, and advanced again. This time there were three Panthers, all flank to me. Fire, Fire, Fire!!!! First one burned, never even turned the turret. Second one, took a hit that glanced off the turret. The second one sliced through the side of the hull. Owned! The third, well the third took no less then six 3 inch rounds. He managed to get his front armor to me, and when I tried to fall back, we got hit. Wasn't all that bad, most of the crew got out, and they were well decorated. This wasn't even the 17lbr Achilles, and she still put the smack down. This is why I play CM, as there is no other game out there that gives me a small sense of achievement like CM does.

The other shot is the remains of a Jagdpanther and the victorious Sherman I that took him out. It was in a QB, used an Achilles as bait down the front in and out of LOS using buildings to keep his interest. Once known infantry positions were cleared, I raced my Sherman around the flank and let him have it with my 'weak' 75mm ;) Scratch one Kitty!

post-31516-141867623674_thumb.jpg

post-31516-141867623675_thumb.jpg

Very nice effect, ExurbanKevin - as a miniatures wargamer from way back, I like it a lot.

What, may I ask, exactly did you "tweak" in Pshop ? ( roughly, not asking for a step by step ;) thanks )

Thanks.

I did a light clone/stamp to blend in the textured area / non textured area on the lower right, then I followed these instructions, more or less to get it where I thought it looked good.

Nice! It's a lot like mine, but actually cooler looking! What I did was just go to http://tiltshiftmaker.com/. They have some tools to do it automagically. I have very little photoshop expertise, so using this tool was the way to go for me. ;)

No mods, no nuthin', baseline graphics settings on a year-old iMac. Some work in P-Shop to get the "miniatures" effect and remove an errant tracer round.

Egad, I love this game.

bocage.jpg

TankColumnTiltShift.jpg