CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

4 hours ago, Falaise said:

yes I'm at Hottot Les Bagues in the campaign "for the King and the country"
with the boys of the Northumbrian and the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry of the 8th Armoured brigade

I tried that campaign last year and got stuffed in the second mission. I'll have to give it another go sometime.

8 hours ago, danfrodo said:

cette panthère a le look embarrassant "juste été sherman-ed". une douzaine + de coups frontaux, dont certains peuvent endommager le canon principal. 

it actually has more than 20 impacts !!!
both a stuart and a sherman that he did not manage to spot
his gun was operational until the end it ended up costing me a sherman just before his destruction

1 hour ago, quakerparrot67 said:

considérant qu'il s'agit de cm normandie, il est plus probable qu'il se trouve dans les hautes herbes avec une collaboratrice horizontale nommée minnette ou quelque chose de similaire.

à votre santé,

Rob

to find the name of the girl look above the vision slit of the pilot of the panzer IV, she was well known in the german army !!!!! 😉

Poor quality German troops caught up in Market Garden buzz-saw.

They were flanked by Brit Para Recce forces in Vickers mounted jeeps. But most of this damage was done by the trusty 2inch mortars.

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 12.10.39 AM.png

Edited by Gpig

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

special dedication @lucky_Strike
hedgerow hell !!
in some meters the Germans will open fire point blank and turn these men into heroes

😎 Merci mon ami. Great, atmospheric screen shot, as always.

As one US officer noted at the time “the enemy can be ten feet away and be undetected. He can fight up to spitting range” ...

Our beloved and feared bocage is almost ready, one tree to finish and then I can release the new version.

• 1 month later...

Playing through 'Bumper Cars' in the Courage and Fortitude campaign I was getting quite despondent. The clock was running and my left flank platoon had bitten off more than it could chew and I couldn't get anything to support them, such is the maze-like nature of the map.

My platoon HQ then spotted two Stugs. "Great", I thought as I have no medium or heavy tanks, just a handful of M8s and M5s. But I did manage to sneak a nearby m5 into a field with LOS to the two stugs. To my astonishment it nailed both of them, one with a single shot causing a catastrophic explosion, and the other other with a penetrating flank shot. The 2nd stug backed up and faced the little stuart and I thought 'Game over', but to my surprise the Stuart just kept up the fire, and to my astonishment scored several penetrating hits to the frontal armour, knocking out the Stug. A real lesson to me not to underestimate the light tank's 37mm gun. Then a third Stug emerged and the little Stuart drove it off with several shots, receiving no incoming fire the whole time.

FNdpjQ0.png

Despite turning to face the threat, I do not believe the Stugs ever got a spot on the Stuart. Cheered me right up, i can tell you. What a great little tank.