CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

17 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Nice use of DOF in this and previous shot 👍

Thanks! I just discovered and installed your Hedgerow Hell mod and I think its going to make my screenshots (and general enjoyment playing the game) go up a level further. Insane work, thanks for all the effort that it must have taken. 

7A9r5an.jpg

Edited by jamxo

3 hours ago, jamxo said:

Thanks! I just discovered and installed your Hedgerow Hell mod and I think its going to make my screenshots (and general enjoyment playing the game) go up a level further. Insane work, thanks for all the effort that it must have taken. 

7A9r5an.jpg

😎 Been having a bit of a rest from trees and stuff, but seeing it in action is always a pleasure. Them Doughboys get bored of chasing Jerry they can always pick some flowers!

Have fun!

On 2/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, jamxo said:

7A9r5an.jpg

Great shots!

23 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Those are purdy ...🕶️

Unfortunately after installing your mod one of the problems I'm having is that I'm barely playing the game but instead inching around at ground height taking photos of the action in the hedgerows for hours on end!

In all seriousness though, the difference in the atmosphere and visual depth is pretty astounding so thanks again for making it 🙌

b0lzWqw.jpg

kplc6De.jpg

1 hour ago, jamxo said:

Unfortunately after installing your mod one of the problems I'm having is that I'm barely playing the game but instead inching around at ground height taking photos of the action in the hedgerows for hours on end!

LOL I can’t tell you how many hours I spent doing exactly this! Something quite distracting and utterly absorbing about a deep landscape.

Thanks for the great screen snaps.

3 hours ago, jamxo said:

In all seriousness though, the difference in the atmosphere and visual depth is pretty astounding so thanks again for making it 🙌

b0lzWqw.jpg

kplc6De.jpg

All together now. "If you go down in the woods today" ...

I've always really liked the look of the Marder III, something to do with its far back on its frame, antitank gun on wheels feel. So I was excited to see one pop up in the Road to Montebourg campaign earlier (although my Paratroopers didn't let it last long!)

unl5wFh.jpg

oXHPeny.jpg

MYyvMXi.jpg

Very beautiful images @jamxo as usual, the framing is really good.
It is true that of @Lucky Strikemod has transformed the game.
My great pleasure and to slip into the hedges, to advance at ground level.
Now I even take pictures without characters as I could do while walking in the countryside

on the other hand no shader for me, here (in Normandy) in May June the countryside has the dazzling green of the original game.
this is what makes the region famous !

but to each his own taste and @Lucky Strike's mod allows you to modulate

in the wishes at battlefront, it would be nice if we could have small birds😁

210313113018338882.jpg

Edited by Falaise

5 hours ago, Falaise said:

My great pleasure and to slip into the hedges, to advance at ground level.
Now I even take pictures without characters as I could do while walking in the countryside

Yes, some of the larger maps are so good it's fun just to drive around the roads.

16 hours ago, Falaise said:

could have small birds😁

LOL 🐣

Sadly can’t mod those for you M. Falaise. But I think we should get them on the wish list for CMx3. A walk down a country lane isn’t complete with out small birds zipping from hedgerow to hedgerow, at least until the bullets start flying!

here (in Normandy) in May June the countryside has the dazzling green of the original game

This is so true. For all the greatness and grittiness of films like SPR they never really captured the dazzle of a countryside in it’s full green glory.

A mod for lockdown ...

17 hours ago, jamxo said:

I've always really liked the look of the Marder III, something to do with its far back on its frame, antitank gun on wheels feel.

Great pics again jamxo!

I always like the look of the Marder III as well, it’s got something of the chopper or e-type Jag about it. Great for keyholing and ambush.

16 hours ago, AlexUK said:

It would be great to introduce more variety in tree height. I find current uniform tree height a problem in immersion, e.g. top right hand group of trees in image.

Yes, sadly the way the trees are deployed is a bit limited, but as M. Falaise says creative use on maps helps out quite a bit. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done with the actual models since the large structural base model branches are the same for each type and a change will effect each type in its entirety. In the other games there’s a little more variety which helps, and, if I recall correctly, I think that CMBN has a vacant tree slot - possibly something to do with the newer game engine it’s now using, but to exploit it would need some coding I guess.

What would be good for CMx3 is trees that can be deployed with some random height variation built-in, something like a variation of 20% larger or small would work wonders for this.

Great screenshots, jamxo. I think that LS's amazing Hedgerow Hell mod made CMBN the best looking game of all. 

Another must have mod for me is the British helmet foliage mod. A small mod but it makes the British soldiers look so much better.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Thanks all, and agreed - its such a good mod. Especially for the immersion down at the ground level. @Aragorn2002 which foliage mod is that? I have some foliage helmets as part of Veins CW infantry mod which I'm using, is that the same? 

And @Lucky_Strike you hit the nail on the head with the E-Type mention in terms of the shape I like about the Marder, although perhaps not as glamourous a vehicle 😝

4 hours ago, jamxo said:

@Aragorn2002 which foliage mod is that? I have some foliage helmets as part of Veins CW infantry mod which I'm using, is that the same?

It must be, jamxo, but not 100% sure. I have so many mods for CMBN installed I can't say for certain. But Vein made a whole series of superb mods, so it's probably his. The foliage of this mod looks exactly like the ones you see on pictures of British infantry in Normandy.