CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

4 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Yeah, I was also thinking about that Launcher-Tube sticking out the Window (in middle of reloading), and thought it might have something to do with it...So, this theory can also be applied to any Unit reloading with part of the Weapon sticking out the building/structure (MG's Launcher, ATR, etc). 

I seem to recall we had a number of possible and actual "intersection geometry" issues before. Though more vehicle/pixeltrooper related and less on buildings. We´re at the point (again), where assumptions do not bring us any further. This is where BFC is obliged to have a look and fix things if they feel a necessity. As an interim result I keep considering the animation file swap mod to not beeing harmful to any our gameplays. Unless proven wrong by those who know best. There´s yet other possible building issues, but here is wrong place (screenshot thread).

Personally I would blame it on both the depression and German occupation. French peasants could not afford to keep their homes in a decent state of repair, and the pug between the bricks was so rotten that it was quite easy for a Sten 9mm bullet to pass through it,  particularly just below the damp ridden wooden window frames.  Obviously Steve and the other boys in the band have done their homework and consulted both social and architectural historians on this aspect of Norman life. 

9 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Personally I would blame it on both the depression and German occupation. French peasants could not afford to keep their homes in a decent state of repair, and the pug between the bricks was so rotten that it was quite easy for a Sten 9mm bullet to pass through it,  particularly just below the damp ridden wooden window frames.  Obviously Steve and the other boys in the band have done their homework and consulted both social and architectural historians on this aspect of Norman life. 

Good catch! So then the german and holland buildings in CMFB are more solidly built, better maintained dwelling places as those in normandy? :o Got to check that out! ....No, not really. :P

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

Howler, may I ask what mods you are using?   Your screen looks so very much better than mine.  I just started same scenario, didn't realize I had never played that one. 

Aris Terrain Texture Compilation and his vehicle mods for the most part. What you might be seeing is my use of ReShade. I use it to provide AA and sharpness. In game both AA and  VSync are off. The video (Radeon) driver has AA turned off also. Unless taking a screencap, the 3D Model is set to 'Balanced'. The in game shaders are ON. I lose the hit decals if I turn this off. Otherwise, it too would be OFF.

You'll find more info for ReShade from Mord's post below.

Edited by Howler

😮Humm,  I'm glad somebody got some use out of parts of that Mod.....   I think I have some extra stuff that was never uploaded... some better low crops, I will see about uploading someday later on so anybody who wants too can cannibalize the parts they like.....

I have a different low grass now but it only looks good on high in systems 🙄.. 

CMBN6.jpg

Edited by EZ
none

yes it's really good, the grass has a very realistic appearance

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Edit: I envy you on that HD grass mod. Unfortunately my low GC memory does not allow for HD and other big stuff. :mellow:

It seemed to me to have read on another thread that you were going to have a new computer !!!!

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I envy you on that HD grass mod. Unfortunately my low GC memory does not allow for HD and other big stuff:mellow:

May I ask, how do you know that?

My previous computer had an integrated Intel 4400 & 4GB of RAM... which, IIRC, works out as only 64MB of dedicated VRAM.

The computer never had a problem loading HD mods... I used Kieme's stuff for years with CMSF & CMA.

Although I did have an i3-4130... which is a faster CPU than the Athlon II X2 250.

12 hours ago, 37mm said:

May I ask, how do you know that?

My previous computer had an integrated Intel 4400 & 4GB of RAM... which, IIRC, works out as only 64MB of dedicated VRAM.

The computer never had a problem loading HD mods... I used Kieme's stuff for years with CMSF & CMA

off course it´s not the HD mods as such. It´s rather a combo of WinXP + 4 GB Ram (2.6 GB available), the 512 MB GC and when loading big maps (2x2 k +) with many units on it.