May Status Update

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously the demo wasn't released yesterday (was it ?!? did I miss it!?!? lemme check.. whew no).

But his statement is pretty strongly and accurately worded. Clear as day, check tomorrow and cancel or else you are screwed. Why would that be? Because we are shipping the following day (Thurs). He could have told him to check in the next couple days or in the next week, but he specifically told him he only has tomorrow to make up his mind !!!!

Well obviously the demo wasn't released yesterday (was it ?!? did I miss it!?!? lemme check.. whew no).

But his statement is pretty strongly and accurately worded. Clear as day, check tomorrow and cancel or else you are screwed. Why would that be? Because we are shipping the following day (Thurs). He could have told him to check in the next couple days or in the next week, but he specifically told him he only has tomorrow to make up his mind !!!!

Actually that isn't what he said.

My advice is to get the information tomorrow and then make a decision. This should be easy information to get. You could find it online right now, probably. Your local Post Office won't likely know because (at least for most countries) the Post Office and Customs are two different government entities.

Steve

Once again we are trying to parse a statement, read into it what we want and figure out a release date. All Steve said was check tomorrow (because odds are they aren't open now unless you do it online) and then make a decision.

No reference whatsoever that you need to do anything by X date though obviously if you want to cancel the sooner the better just in case it is released. Sorry if that is a downer but I have yet to see anything remoely resembling an actual release is imminent statement, though I do keep hoping for it.

Edit: hhmmm perhaps I have to eat my words....... It doesn't quite say imminent, but it does imply it is very close.

As others have said, the Demo's release will give you an indication of how much time you have for your decision. But I've already told you it isn't much time and so there's not much more I can tell you.

Steve

What do you mean, "make"?

Have you checked out half of the people that post here? :P

Crazy would be the polite term.

Are you insinuating that just because half the people here wear Napoleon Bonaparte uniforms and have dreams of conquering Europe, they are not quite sane?

Once again we are trying to parse a statement, read into it what we want and figure out a release date. All Steve said was check tomorrow (because odds are they aren't open now unless you do it online) and then make a decision.

No reference whatsoever that you need to do anything by X date though obviously if you want to cancel the sooner the better just in case it is released. Sorry if that is a downer but I have yet to see anything remoely resembling an actual release is imminent statement, though I do keep hoping for it.

Edit: hhmmm perhaps I have to eat my words....... It doesn't quite say imminent, but it does imply it is very close.

It has always been close, I think tomorrow means sooner rather than later TBH.

Are you insinuating that just because half the people here wear Napoleon Bonaparte uniforms and have dreams of conquering Europe, they are not quite sane?

Pah Napoleon Bonaparte uniform? I wouldn't been seen dead in that! No i like to strut around in my Imperial Japanese Navy, Admirals Uniform.

That's precisely and exactly what he said. If there was a week before release, then he would have said "Go to them sometime in the next week and see what the deal is". But that ISN'T what he said. In fact, he went out of his way to say when you wake up "tomorrow", go straighten your stuff out. That heavily implies, without directly saying it, that tomorrow is the last day before release. Much like when we said "We thank Pakistan for its help in securing Osama" we were heavily implying that they were complicit in hiding him the whole time.

That's precisely and exactly what he said. If there was a week before release, then he would have said "Go to them sometime in the next week and see what the deal is". But that ISN'T what he said. In fact, he went out of his way to say when you wake up "tomorrow", go straighten your stuff out. That heavily implies, without directly saying it, that tomorrow is the last day before release. Much like when we said "We thank Pakistan for its help in securing Osama" we were heavily implying that they were complicit in hiding him the whole time.

Well this is one of those times where I would be extremely happy to be way off base and totally wrong. Here is hoping to that being the case!

It can ship now got my new PC

Core i7 2600 8MB Cache

8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM

Geforce GTX560 1GB PCI-e

WD HDD 1TB Sata3 3.5" 7200rpm blue x 2

.... pushed the settings right up to maximum on CMSF boy did that make a difference ..... :) looks great