May Status Update

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have good news and bad news. I know the real release date. I won't tell you what it is but, from reading these posts, is seems to me that the pressure of wating for this game is too much for some. I suggest everone take a week off to get some work/life/gaming balance.

I guess the bad news is: "I suggest everone take a week off to get some work/life/gaming balance."

I think my earlier outright, from another thread, was ok (May 3-May 8 should be around 500 now though =P):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin

What will you bet that CMBN will be released before Monday May 2?

What bet it's released between Tuesday 3rd thru weekend of May 7?

Bet on release the week after Monday May 9?

Bet on release after Monday 16?

Bet on release in June?

Bet on release by Xmas 2011"

I dont know what you´ll bet but here ar the the odds:

May 3 - May 8: 3,20

May 9 - May 16: 1,90

May 17 - May31: 1,25

June: 10,00

July - Xmas 2011: 50,00

Name 3 reasons please?

eh , stuff like staff end up spending the weekend fixing bugs ? customer dont get the same level of service as all staff are not available / may have fixed commitments ? ... should always make sure applicable hands are available and have their desks clear prior to a code release IMO ... from experience :)

On April 20th Moon said the game will be released "within the next 14-21 days"

21 days brings us to Tuesday, May 10 if my math is correct.

Steve said in this thread that they are looking good to hit this target. If Moons announcement is the one he was referring too.

So if all goes well we should be blowing stuff up next week. Wooohooo

Well from BFCs POV I think I would rather release on a Monday than a Friday. You figure there is going to be at least a couple solid weeks of nothing but support request and lots questions and comments to be answered so I think I would want a couple of days off before going into that but hey if they want to release sooner than that then fine by me.

I hope I am close to right I’m tired of waiting.

Friday 13th :) ... i have given up guessing to be honest , hopeful for next week but then i though April too.

On April 20th Moon said the game will be released "within the next 14-21 days"

21 days brings us to Tuesday, May 10 if my math is correct.

Steve said in this thread that they are looking good to hit this target. If Moons announcement is the one he was referring too.

So if all goes well we should be blowing stuff up next week. Wooohooo

That's exactly the point I was trying to make to gnorffy. On April 20th BF said the game will be released within 14-21 days of that day. May 11th at the latest. They just stated they're still on target, so hopefully by Wednesday of this week ...

Final Candidate - this is ready for release in almost all ways, but not quite there yet. A few of these are necessary before it's ready to move onto the next stage.

Correct term has been officially changed to Release Candidate or RC. :eek:

In theory FC and GM only require a couple of days each

That theory, much like Steve's estimation of when stuff should have been ready are open to wide debate usually, though we hope you are more right than Steve in this instance. :D

Steve,

Will the demo allow PBEM or TCP/IP, as I know people who i've said to "This is the game to buy" but who aren't convinced and I"d like to be able to get them on board by inviting them to a game.

Peter.

All these questions are so easily answered by looking at the CMA or CMSF demos. Or just wait till the real thing is there.

But for your convenience: yes, the demo's allow PBEM and TCP/IP. have done since living memory.

And you want Steve to take his time off the launch of the game to answer that easy question for you?

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1659&Itemid=318

Well from BFCs POV I think I would rather release on a Monday than a Friday. You figure there is going to be at least a couple solid weeks of nothing but support request and lots questions and comments to be answered so I think I would want a couple of days off before going into that but hey if they want to release sooner than that then fine by me.

I hope I am close to right I’m tired of waiting.

agreed - earlier post re releasing prior to a weekend :) ... was joking about the 13th ... not very well it seems :)

eh , stuff like staff end up spending the weekend fixing bugs ? customer dont get the same level of service as all staff are not available / may have fixed commitments ? ... should always make sure applicable hands are available and have their desks clear prior to a code release IMO ... from experience :)

Ok but I got a better one for you, they are going to be releasing the demo on lucky Friday the 13th.

agreed - earlier post re releasing prior to a weekend :) ... was joking about the 13th ... not very well it seems :)